What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer to watch movies on TV. I always had a hard time hearing well in theaters and people would cough, stand up, talk, or otherwise be annoying. It wasn't so bad in Guam when I went with friends, but I've had some bad experiences with theaters and prefer to be able to pause, rewind, and turn on subtitles. We used to have an excellent sound system set up. We still have the sound system I think the back speakers got knocked down, wires broke, and my dad was the one who knew how to operate it.

Took Mom to the doctor and she has walking pneumonia. Pharmacy couldn't fill her RX today as it was too close to closing time for them so I'll pick it up tomorrow. Grabbed some RXs that were already filled from Walmart, went to see friend and he set up Mom's new computer and put mesh screen that I brought over holes and such to protect it from roaches. Hopefully they won't be able to get in. I bought some silicone plugs for the various ports so I can plug the ones not in use to keep roaches out of them.

Went back to Walmart to get some cold stuff and then back home. Unloaded Mom's laundry from the dryer & folded it. I suck at folding but she's used to that by now. Cooked dinner but Mom conked out so I'm waiting for her to wake up. Took some naprosyn for my back and am lying down.

There’s no denying the current situation at our southern border is total crap show.

It’s pitiful what the current administration is allowing to go on throughout our government.

But just a couple minutes of listening to our President speak gives a very clear picture as to why things are the way they are. Joe Biden has always been a liar, cheat and he’s even a worse President in his current mental state.

Biden has been a mess for A LONG TIME

What I can say is, we can complain all we want about whoever we want, but for the most part we're just along for the ride.
If you want to stay safe, you keep you mouth zipped, get your groceries delivered and just stay home and watch movies on your TV. (That's what I do) (at least as much as possable)

Obama was heard to say :

“ Never underestimate Joes ability to F*** things up “

I don’t care for Obama but he’s certainly no idiot. He got that one right for sure.

I just read that that restaurant "Wendy's" is now selling their food items for different prices, based on the time you order them. They just spent $20M to get a changeable sign set up at all their businesses, so you might order a hamburger for $7.00, but by the time to pull forward up a few car lengths, that burger will cost you $9.00!

Ok, I normally stay out of political debates but Biden doesn't write the legislation, he only signs it or vetoes it when it reaches his desk AFTER it has gone through the senate and the house. The senate passed a bipartisan bill but the House majority leader will not allow it to even be voted on. The speaker of the house-- who didn't even get elected by the citizens of his district, of which I am one, bc he ran unopposed-- has stated that he will not allow any immigration bills to pass while a Democrat is president. He and some of the other clowns won't even let other Republicans have a shot at voting on it bc he doesn't want it to pass so he can blame the lack of it passing on Biden-- and he admitted this. Even on Fox they were saying that the bills are being blocked for political reasons. They know people who are uninformed or misinformed will blame it on Biden instead of realizing that they are sabotaging our government. Democrats did it to Bush Jr. Republicans did it to Carter and Obama and now Biden. They refuse to pass bills and then blame the president. Do I like Biden? Hell no! Obama was smart to pick him as his VP to prevent himself from being assassinated bc no one wanted Biden as president back then. But he's not to blame for the alleged border crisis (which is being vastly exaggerated). Most of the illegal immigrants in the country are people who entered legally and then overstayed their visas anyway. I feel very strongly about immigration because my father worked in USINS for 30 years. He started in Border Patrol and moved up. He taught immigration law at FLETC. He hit mandatory retirement right before it was dissolved and remade as ICE. Which was a complete and total clusterf according to his former co-workers. The whole two party system sucks. I'll stop here. I have no desire to insult people for their political leanings, my beef is with the politicians.

havasu, I'm glad I have no interest in Wendy's since they got rid of their grilled chicken sandwiches. That was the only thing they made that I liked. What an asinine system, but I'm not surprised. I wonder if people will be able to lock in prices with the app. I tried to use their app once but it was total garbage. Last time I went to a Wendy's the dude taking my order was higher than a kite and couldn't actually get the order right so I ended up telling him "nevermind" and driving off to find food elsewhere.

Today I finished sealing up Mom's computer. Used electrical tape to cover gaps and holes and dust screen to cover stuff that needed to be vented-- and used the electrical tape to hold it in place. Covered up the USB ports and other ports until the silicone covers come in.

Cleaned off the cables that plug in to the back that had gone to her old computer. Ended up breaking part of her desk trying to get the new tower in-- it was larger than the older one. Put it back together and then discovered the old HDMI cable wasn't working so I had to replace it. Had a new one in a box from a black friday sale though so I got her computer running. Now I need to re-download some of her games for her. I think she plays Sheriff of Mahjong and Sherlock Holmes microsoft games. New PC has windows 11 so the interface is different. She'll have to get used to that. I really want to take her entire desk out and burn it. Particle board piece of garbage. I need to make plans to build her a new and better one from some real wood-- even plywood would be better. I could get some real wood trim and then paint it blue or stain it mahogany or something.

Thousands of illegal immigrants are flooding in.

So many that Texas Gov. Abbot started sending them to New York. So many that New York’s mayor is crying uncle for them to stop coming.

So it’s far from being exaggerated.

I hope they send every last illegal immigrant to New York

Biden doesn't write the legislation, he only signs it or vetoes it when it reaches his desk AFTER it has gone through the senate and the house.
That is true. However, Twowaxhack is correct that there is a very real crisis at our southern border. It is not being vastly exaggerated, or else the Dem mayors faced with the influx of illegals wouldn't be hollering.

This crisis is totally due to Biden reversing the programs President Trump had in place before Biden took office. The Dems had control of both the House and the Senate for 2 years with Biden as President, but they did nothing to fix the immigration problem. Why? Simple, they didn't want to fix it.

A lot of the people being rounded up are LEGAL. They are coming in and presenting themselves to seek asylum. That is the legal way of doing things. People don't seem to understand that. But I don't think anyone will actually listen to me on this since opinions have already been formed so I won't argue any further.

I picked up Mom's RX. Had to bring her newest insurance card bc the said her insurance "expired" and wanted over $90 for her meds. I had to call them to get a rush order in bc even though they got the request for it yesterday, they weren't going to fill it until tomorrow after 4pm. I told them she has pneumonia and needs it asap so they had it filled by 3:30pm today.

Had a really aggravating time trying to get Mom to follow basic instructions- click links, open certain things on her computer, etc. If I tell her to move her mouse to the left she will move it everywhere BUT to the left. I can point to something on her screen and she still can't seem to follow. She argues too. And gets things mixed up and says I told her something different than what actually came out of my mouth-- bc she doesn't listen worth crap. She refused to do what needed to be done to pair her headset with her computer via bluetooth. Just absolutely refused to try bc she'd already done it on her old computer and somehow it was supposed to magically work on her new one without pairing. She was having a tizzy. Finally got her to at least open the bluetooth management thing (after having to point to it on her screen 5x). I pushed the button on her headset until it flashed and its name appeared on the device list. She just stared at it. I told her to click it. She stared. I told her to click. She moved her cursor over it. Didn't click. Me: "CLICK! CLICK IT!" She moved her cursor off of it. This went on for about 5min before I grabbed the mouse and clicked it. I got dizzy from having to lean over her to use the mouse so many times trying to get stuff done bc she refuses to listen.

I did cook for her and I'm about to go eat some chocolate chip cookie dough bc I need some chocolate after that. LOL.

When you seek asylum one must cross at a legal border crossing, not jump a fence and run into Houston to catch an Uber so they can “ work and live in America “ that’s not a valid reason to seek Asylum.

A lot of the people being rounded up are LEGAL.
The problem is that nobody is being "rounded up". They are crossing the border and entering our country illegally. Those crossing our border at points of entry don't need to be "rounded up". They are just getting on to buses and planes to be sent to other areas in our country.

They are getting on buses under false pretenses, which falls under the legal term "kidnapping by inveiglement". IF they are deemed illegal then it is also alien smuggling. Transporting them across state lines is a crime. Any vehicle used to transport them is subject to asset forfeiture by ICE. Multiple wrongs do not make it right. A lot of the people they convinced to get on the bus did actually come through legal border crossings. Statements given by Border Patrol/ICE contradict the narrative on Fox and coming out from the GOP public statements.

I slept in a bit and am waiting to see how Mom is feeling so we can go to the store and get her some stuff for our friend's wedding (and later for my cousin's son's wedding).

They are getting on buses under false pretenses, which falls under the legal term "kidnapping by inveiglement". IF they are deemed illegal then it is also alien smuggling. Transporting them across state lines is a crime. Any vehicle used to transport them is subject to asset forfeiture by ICE. Multiple wrongs do not make it right. A lot of the people they convinced to get on the bus did actually come through legal border crossings. Statements given by Border Patrol/ICE contradict the narrative on Fox and coming out from the GOP public statements.

I slept in a bit and am waiting to see how Mom is feeling so we can go to the store and get her some stuff for our friend's wedding (and later for my cousin's son's wedding).
I'm sorry but you're wrong about this. They are told exactly where they're being sent. They're being sent to sanctuary cities and states that have said they will not turn them away and welcome them with open arms. Now those places are complaining because there is so many that they can't help them. As stated above there is a process to claim asylum and it doesn't start by illegally entering the country you want to get help from. Biden administration is 100% responsible for the increase. They have flat out communicated that they are not enforcing existing immigration laws. In fact the first day biden took office he issued hundreds of executive orders undoing policies that the previous administration had in place to achieve one of the lowest illegal immigration numbers in a long time. Since Biden has taken office approximately 10 million people have entered this country illegally. That's more than the population of over half of the states in the US. The media in general is polarized and complicit in the spreading of whatever narrative suits them and is good for business. If we would look at the facts and do our own thinking we might not be so polarized in our opinions. I don't trust any government entity or affiliate as far as I can throw them.

Back