What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree completely, but again, good luck with that
Things will get worse before they get better.

Let a few more nurses get murdered like in Georgia and you’ll eventually see a change. It’s going to get way worse…..

I can’t think of but one better way for South American countries to empty their prisons than to let them walk to America. Too bad they’re not choosing it.

This is not GOP problem. Biden campaigned on bringing in the masses, which he needs to support the liberals' voting fraud. There have been many interviews with ICE and the border patrol re: this issue and, invariably, they vent their frustrations about not being allowed to do their job of protecting the border. Instead, they are babysitting and shuffling the hordes of illegals hither and yon.
Now, communities are overwhelmed by illegals' crime, housing, food, cell pbones, credit cards, medical and educational and ad naseum demands.
No, we do not desire these detrimental illegals! They are, to say the least, bankrupting and demoralizing this great country.

Things will get worse before they get better.

Let a few more nurses get murdered like in Georgia and you’ll eventually see a change. It’s going to get way worse…..

I can’t think of but one better way for South American countries to empty their prisons than to let them walk to America. Too bad they’re not choosing it.
I have a feeling, even if they slow it down, build the walls, use the drones, we're still stuck with all of the current "refugees" and having to support them.
They do this and refuse to fix social security... the end is near.....

There are parts, if not all of the Democrat party that hate America and want to destroy it.

So this is what’s happening. It’s not complicated.

Men swimming in college girls competitions, homeless setting up tents and using the sidewalk for a toilet, fentanyl flooding our streets, illegal immigrants flooding our border, District Attorneys not prosecuting crime, and the political prosecution of former President Trump and the ongoing 2024 Presidential election interference through these politically motivated lawsuits.

It’s ridiculous……

Last edited:
There are parts, if not all of the Democrat party that hate America and want to destroy it.

So this is what’s happening. It’s not complicated.

Men swimming in college girls competitions, homeless setting up tents and using the sidewalk for a toilet, fentanyl flooding our streets, illegal immigrants flooding our border, District Attorneys not prosecuting crime, and the political prosecution of former President Trump and the ongoing 2024 Presidential election interference through these politically motivated lawsuits.

It’s ridiculous……
Would you like trump back ?

Less than a month ago, the Senate passed a bi-partisan bill that would have increased border security. The white said they would sign it. If the house speaker would have put it to a vote, it likely would have passed. This would have been a decent first step to solve this problem. but instead the republicans in congress want to make everyone miserable. please call them and tell them to put the country ahead of politics, we need to get this solved.
That bill did nothing to improve border security and was full of all kinds of BS and pork. There is plenty of existing laws on the books that if enforced would easily make the problem better, the problem is that they are intentionally not being enforced by the current administration. Biden can close the border indefinitely if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to.

If I had to leave my wife with one of them it would be Biden. If I wanted one of them to run the country it would be Trump.

I wouldn’t leave my 12 yr old girl with Biden, I wouldn’t like a grown man sniffing her hair.

Next……

Well, as the thread asks, "What did you do today?"

I just spent the last half hour reading all the posts in here, amazed at the polarization of the members here.

I honestly don't mind, provided you remain respectful to the other members.

Well, as the thread asks, "What did you do today?"

I just spent the last half hour reading all the posts in here, amazed at the polarization of the members here.

I honestly don't mind, provided you remain respectful to the other members.
I hope I've been respectful...
But, as you say, onward...
Since I'm still fighting this cold,
Got up, made coffee, read forum,
Watched TV, made a walmart grocery order. More tv, and to bed..
Today... repeat with the exception of getting the walmart delivery instead of placing it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the immigration thing.

Yesterday I took Mom to the mall and pushed her around in her wheelchair. I found its harder to push a wheelchair on carpet than on solid floor. And my left arm is not as strong as my right and got sore faster-- well, the bicep that got zapped gave me trouble. Managed to find her some shoes for the 2 weddings this year and they were $12.99. One of the stores another clerk told us to check out for shoes didn't have anything decent but did have a blazer Mom liked that was on clearance. So now she's all set. I still need to get her to try the outfit on. Ate at IHOP afterward. Was decent food but way too expensive for what we got. Went to Samsclub after and I had to load up 5 cases of water into the cart.Then had to lift some other heavy stuff. Thought we were done shopping but Mom decided to go look for more stuff. I ended up sitting on the floor for a little bit before I got back up and looked for her. Finally got her to finish shopping so I could check out. She insisted we had to grab hay from TSC as well so I had to lug a bale of hay into the truck. Popped in to visit friends briefly and there was no room on the couch so I had to sit on the floor. That didn't help my back. Got home and helped Mom into the house and cooked for her. She was supposed to put on the full outfit for the wedding (this coming Saturday) but I went to sleep before she did. I'm hoping she'll humor me and try it all on tonight before I fall asleep.

Today I got up early and loaded my portable tablesaw into the truck. Dropped it on top of my left foot twice. Took it to my friend's house and then took him to the lumber yard to grab some lumber. Helped him unload it onto the porch, then went back home to grab my brad nailer and air compressor. Got back and held up boards so friend could cut them more easily, held measuring tape in place for him, held boards in place, and helped him with building a space-wasting entertainment center. Went to the post office for mail and then Walmart to grab shelf brackets, painting tarp, and painting tape. Friend prepped for painting and then I went at it, painting on either side of the entertainment center. Sat and waited for the paint to dry enough to do a 2nd coat. Then I painted a little more than half of the hallway. Had people coming through constantly so it was a pain. Took a break and ate (friend's fiance made some kind of soup) and then back to painting. Friend did some painting but put it on way too thick. I started doing some touch-ups and was ready to do a 2nd coat but friend said it was time to call it a night. It was after 7pm then. I'd called to check on Mom and she wanted oranges. So I went to Walmart to grab oranges and headed home. Friend loaded the tablesaw up for me. Got my brother to unload it and bring it in the house. He was sleeping when I left in the morning.

Cooked for Mom, helped her get logged in to her Amazon account, and then had to get it to verify the credit card to let her order something. Sent a photo of her new insurance card to the diabetes supply place. Her Dexcom G7 came in today and tomorrow I will have to help her figure out how to use it.

I'm about to rack the hell out though. I'm exhausted.

My ankles are swollen and my left foot is not happy-- but it only hurts if I press on it.
1709273049408.png

And, sadly, the only place you will see that is on Fox.
Um, not really true: NBC is showing the border situation nightly...along with the bus rides to the sanctuary cities.
I cannot really say if these immigrants are from "our enemies"; most are from central and South America. Oh for certain some from points distant work their way to Mexico and cross there just like some work their way to Canada and cross the world's longest unguarded border. But, I think the reality is most are from central and South America.

As bluesky pointed out, this problem goes back a long time. Southwest Florida, near Naples, became a refuge for Italians chased out of Texas. Should we deport them? How about the Irish who came here illegally due to the famine? This is not a new problem. As a country we need legal immigrants, we just have very old laws to deal with the issue. As far as I am concerned, I would rather try to solve 80% of the problem than keep the status quo. It appears the right just wants an issue they can complain about.
Most Italians and Irish came to the USA in a large wave of LEGAL immigration in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, until the early 1920's when immigration was severely restricted. My own grandparents arrived in NY from Palermo in 1906, legally. My grandfather became a naturalized citizen in 1930. My grandmother never did. It has been said that 50% of the population of Sicily emigrated somewhere between 1870 and 1920. I know the wave of Irish was before that.

After WWI the USA became "isolationist"; in this context, congress voted in December 1920 to cease ALL immigration for one year. Then the Quota Act of 1921 was put in place, and this put restrictions on how many immigrants were accepted from where. Then came the Johnson Reed act of 1924...the history is all there for those that want to dust off their books.

Last edited:
We'll have to agree to disagree on the immigration thing.

Yesterday I took Mom to the mall and pushed her around in her wheelchair. I found its harder to push a wheelchair on carpet than on solid floor. And my left arm is not as strong as my right and got sore faster-- well, the bicep that got zapped gave me trouble. Managed to find her some shoes for the 2 weddings this year and they were $12.99. One of the stores another clerk told us to check out for shoes didn't have anything decent but did have a blazer Mom liked that was on clearance. So now she's all set. I still need to get her to try the outfit on. Ate at IHOP afterward. Was decent food but way too expensive for what we got. Went to Samsclub after and I had to load up 5 cases of water into the cart.Then had to lift some other heavy stuff. Thought we were done shopping but Mom decided to go look for more stuff. I ended up sitting on the floor for a little bit before I got back up and looked for her. Finally got her to finish shopping so I could check out. She insisted we had to grab hay from TSC as well so I had to lug a bale of hay into the truck. Popped in to visit friends briefly and there was no room on the couch so I had to sit on the floor. That didn't help my back. Got home and helped Mom into the house and cooked for her. She was supposed to put on the full outfit for the wedding (this coming Saturday) but I went to sleep before she did. I'm hoping she'll humor me and try it all on tonight before I fall asleep.

Today I got up early and loaded my portable tablesaw into the truck. Dropped it on top of my left foot twice. Took it to my friend's house and then took him to the lumber yard to grab some lumber. Helped him unload it onto the porch, then went back home to grab my brad nailer and air compressor. Got back and held up boards so friend could cut them more easily, held measuring tape in place for him, held boards in place, and helped him with building a space-wasting entertainment center. Went to the post office for mail and then Walmart to grab shelf brackets, painting tarp, and painting tape. Friend prepped for painting and then I went at it, painting on either side of the entertainment center. Sat and waited for the paint to dry enough to do a 2nd coat. Then I painted a little more than half of the hallway. Had people coming through constantly so it was a pain. Took a break and ate (friend's fiance made some kind of soup) and then back to painting. Friend did some painting but put it on way too thick. I started doing some touch-ups and was ready to do a 2nd coat but friend said it was time to call it a night. It was after 7pm then. I'd called to check on Mom and she wanted oranges. So I went to Walmart to grab oranges and headed home. Friend loaded the tablesaw up for me. Got my brother to unload it and bring it in the house. He was sleeping when I left in the morning.

Cooked for Mom, helped her get logged in to her Amazon account, and then had to get it to verify the credit card to let her order something. Sent a photo of her new insurance card to the diabetes supply place. Her Dexcom G7 came in today and tomorrow I will have to help her figure out how to use it.

I'm about to rack the hell out though. I'm exhausted.

My ankles are swollen and my left foot is not happy-- but it only hurts if I press on it.
View attachment 44544
Zane, you are one hard working young lady. Very impressed with all you do. (Especially for others)

Um, not really true: NBC is showing the border situation nightly...along with the bus rides to the sanctuary cities.
I cannot really say if these immigrants are from "our enemies"; most are from central and South America. Oh for certain some from points distant work their way to Mexico and cross there just like some work their way to Canada and cross the world's longest unguarded border. But, I think the reality is most are from central and South America.
I stand corrected regarding NBC. Oddly, I think that any country that sends their people our way, I am thinking about Maduro and his country Venezuela here, are our "enemies". My opinion, however, is slowly but subtly becoming the minority opinion.

Latest posts

Back