What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are getting on buses under false pretenses, which falls under the legal term "kidnapping by inveiglement". IF they are deemed illegal then it is also alien smuggling. Transporting them across state lines is a crime. Any vehicle used to transport them is subject to asset forfeiture by ICE. Multiple wrongs do not make it right. A lot of the people they convinced to get on the bus did actually come through legal border crossings. Statements given by Border Patrol/ICE contradict the narrative on Fox and coming out from the GOP public statements.

I slept in a bit and am waiting to see how Mom is feeling so we can go to the store and get her some stuff for our friend's wedding (and later for my cousin's son's wedding).
"the narrative on Fox and coming out from the GOP public statements."

And exactly what narrative would that be? You know as well as I do it's a complete invasion. Just lost a nurse in Georgia due to an illegal murdering her. Illegals are assaulting police. The gangs are flooding the market with fentanyl. This is not a narrative, it is fact. Every illegal should be put on a plane and dropped off at their home country.

Less than a month ago, the Senate passed a bi-partisan bill that would have increased border security. The white said they would sign it. If the house speaker would have put it to a vote, it likely would have passed. This would have been a decent first step to solve this problem. but instead the republicans in congress want to make everyone miserable. please call them and tell them to put the country ahead of politics, we need to get this solved.

Less than a month ago, the Senate passed a bi-partisan bill that would have increased border security. The white said they would sign it. If the house speaker would have put it to a vote, it likely would have passed. This would have been a decent first step to solve this problem. but instead the republicans in congress want to make everyone miserable. please call them and tell them to put the country ahead of politics, we need to get this solved.
There wasn’t a problem until Biden was elected. Oh…..and guess what ? Biden doesn’t think there’s a problem…….but it’s election year isn’t it !!!!! 😉

I can’t wait for what our dumbass President has to say today, if he can manage to speak so we can understand him and keep a thought going without telling his made up stories “ Man “

Last edited:

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me a couple of dozen times, shame on me. The only decent first step is to close the border. There was so much garbage in that senate bill as to make it ludicrous. "The white"? Seriously? Polls across the country asking legal immigrants results in the same conclusion - close the border. The problem is the lawless left in this country, and you know it.

My state has officially stated that 10 per cent of the residents are illegals and has laws on the books prohibiting Sanctuary cities but no punishment for elected officials to thumb their nose at the laws.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me a couple of dozen times, shame on me. The only decent first step is to close the border. There was so much garbage in that senate bill as to make it ludicrous. "The white"? Seriously? Polls across the country asking legal immigrants results in the same conclusion - close the border. The problem is the lawless left in this country, and you know it.
So you would rather the problem continue as is, rather than start limiting the immigration? Legislation is never perfect, if we can reduce significant immigration that is a plus. btw, this issue is over 50 years old. After Regan granted immunity to immigrants there was supposed to be immigration reform. congress never acted.

also, other countries levy large fines on businesses that hire undocumented workers, we slap their wrist, only lightly. why don't we levy bigger fines?

I’d like to see a couple hundred new prisons built and longer prison sentences without parole.

I’d also like to see armed drones and armed military protecting our southern border and stop the illegal drugs from flooding our country.

Try to cross our border anywhere other than designated points and you get a warning shot, if you don’t stop then the use of deadly force would be used.

The flow of illegals would stop overnight…..

The easy flow of drugs into the country would also stop overnight.

Fences make good neighbors.

America attempts to police the rest of the world that we have a interest in so why not police everything south of our southern border and make the crap hole countries treat their citizens right if that’s the problem ?

Bottom line is Democrats think these illegals will become legal and will vote Democratic in the future. They want votes and they think these ignorant people will vote for social welfare programs that keep poor people poor and keep their crooked asses in office because they know people vote for who keeps their wallet full or promise to.

Last edited:
I’d like to see a couple hundred new prisons built and longer prison sentences without parole.

I’d also like to see armed drones and armed military protecting our southern border and stop the illegal drugs from flooding our country.

Try to cross our border anywhere other than designated points and you get a warning shot, if you don’t stop then the use of deadly force would be used.

The flow of illegals would stop overnight…..
Good luck with that one ! It's a good idea though. Can these people vote ?

So you would rather the problem continue as is, rather than start limiting the immigration? Legislation is never perfect, if we can reduce significant immigration that is a plus. btw, this issue is over 50 years old. After Regan granted immunity to immigrants there was supposed to be immigration reform. congress never acted.

also, other countries levy large fines on businesses that hire undocumented workers, we slap their wrist, only lightly. why don't we levy bigger fines?
Why do some people think that the only way to fix a problem is to throw more money at it? It's not a resource issue! It's a policy issue that Uncle Joe could fix with an E.O. that reinstated the policies of the former administration. A new law would be about as effective as a new gun law would make gang members, murderers and crazy people refrain from obtaining and using guns to commit mayhem.

By the way, I recently watched a Western movie from the late 1940's and they were talking about illegal immigration way back then.

Finally, I agree with Twowaxhack's approach to securing the border.

There have been people that get 5 yrs for murder here and let go and they have killed again. It’s ridiculous what our justice system is doing.

It’s a slap in the face to law abiding hard working Americans.

Same with all the snatch and grab shoplifting. There should be LONG prison sentences for this.

Keep the criminals locked up !!!!!!

Execute child predators and capital murders without exception !

...If we would look at the facts and do our own thinking we might not be so polarized in our opinions...
That would include NOT getting any news from "Fox News", "Newsmax" or any other such BS. You won't get too many facts there.

Let's see, Fox settled a lawsuit to the tune of three quarters of a BILLION dollars for simply lying about voting machine fraud. Fox repeatedly aired unproven drivel as fact about voting machine fraud, not a shred of which was accurate. They settled to avoid a trial which would have exposed more of how their network operates. My guess is the voting machine company made more off of the settlement than they would off voting machines. Good work if you can find it!

Newsmax is so horrendously awful, not only wouldn't I trust or listen to anything uttered on that waste of bandwidth, I'd have doubts about anyone who does. They have built a following of conservative senior citizens and bilked them out of millions. Their history of scams, cons and grifts is out there for those that want to pull back the curtain. Most prefer not to. The truth hurts.

If you want accurate, unbiased news, here's a good start: Associated Press, BBC, NPR, Pro Publica, Reuters, Wall Street Journal, Pew Research Center. There may be more and you may disagree with some, but all of these news outlets have a solid reputation for the unbiased and not politically motivated news. But the reality is many really don't want the unbiased. They want the news to report to them what they believe, not the truth.

Note that Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Washington Post, NY Times are not in that list.

I trust my eyes when I see thousands of illegal immigrants crossing our border and most of them are military aged mean and some from countries that are our known enemies.

Nevermind what’s being said. It’s what I’m seeing.

And we all were duped into thinking that the current POTUS would unite us. Shame on me for even attempting to believe that horse puckey!

AP? NPR?? Those two lean so far to the left that it ain't funny!
The guy is a stooge for the left. He will do anything he’s told to do. He’s got dementia and it’s obvious.

I work for predominantly older people. I know dementia when I see it and it’s written all over Biden everytime he’s on Tv. That’s combined with the fact that he’s always been a liar and that’s been well proven in the 50 yrs he’s been on every side of every issue.

As bluesky pointed out, this problem goes back a long time. Southwest Florida, near Naples, became a refuge for Italians chased out of Texas. Should we deport them? How about the Irish who came here illegally due to the famine? This is not a new problem. As a country we need legal immigrants, we just have very old laws to deal with the issue. As far as I am concerned, I would rather try to solve 80% of the problem than keep the status quo. It appears the right just wants an issue they can complain about.

As bluesky pointed out, this problem goes back a long time. Southwest Florida, near Naples, became a refuge for Italians chased out of Texas. Should we deport them? How about the Irish who came here illegally due to the famine? This is not a new problem. As a country we need legal immigrants, we just have very old laws to deal with the issue. As far as I am concerned, I would rather try to solve 80% of the problem than keep the status quo. It appears the right just wants an issue they can complain about.
Send them all back if they didn’t come here legally. Yes all of them.

My family didn’t die for this country to let some fat politician decide which laws they want to enforce.

We are currently being invaded by thousands of military aged men from almost every country on the globe. This problem has grown exponentially since Biden was elected.

Send them all back if they didn’t come here legally. Yes all of them.

My family didn’t die for this country to let some fat politician decide which laws they want to enforce.

We are currently being invaded by thousands of military aged men from almost every country on the globe. This problem has grown exponentially since Biden was elected.
I agree completely, but again, good luck with that

Back