Vibrating noise, I’ve heard it before but won’t stop

Discussion in 'General Plumbing Help' started by Nick Martinez, Apr 18, 2019.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating:

1. Apr 18, 2019 #1

Nick Martinez

Nick Martinez

Nick Martinez

today the showerhead pipe snapped off from the water pipe. There was no leaking at the time. Then my friend turned the water on and let it run for a sec to check it out. Hours later I can hear water dripping from behind the cold and hot knob. My basement has water all in the floor boards and on the floor now. I finally managed to turn the main water off. Now there is a humming noise coming from the ceiling. I live in the basement and the water pump is in a room in my room. So I turned the main water off, now there is a vibrating noise that sounds like there is a dryer upstairs above my room. I have heard this noise before it runs for a few minutes then stops. But it won’t stop. If i touch the little
    Black box next to the pressure meter I can feel a vibrations. There aren’t any alarming violent noises just this sort of white noise type vibrations . I guess it might not be 100% plumbing related but it started after I turned the water off and drained faucets. Is it just because there is slow pressure for the moment? Excuse me if I sound dumb, I’ve had a bad day with plumbing and worried. just moved out only 20 years old. They didn’t teach me plumbing in high school but I wish I went to trade school now

2. Apr 19, 2019 #2

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Professional Professional

sometimes the fill valve in the toilet will make this noise...other times it can be a loose washer on faucet....have you checked the pump....some pics of the pump and black box would help