The 3,000 post count thread

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's in another thread but the guy I was working for would do whatever the owners asked, so if they said we want that wall painted we would paint the wall. Well when it came time to bill for a few of these items the owners flipped out. They thought we were gonna do all the extras at no extra charge. Also the guy I was working for went towards the higher end of their budget on a few things because of stuff we ran into while doing the work. We were rebuilding a restaurant and were in the process of building the bar when they changed the whole scope that added about $2900 in just materials so we said ok we can do that but it will cost about that much more, they say ok and then when we bill they say they never said it would cost more. All in all the owners were complete liars and would say to do things and then say they never said that. and the guy I worked for didn't do the best at communicating on design so it was a loose loose situation and now I am owed a couple grand that I will probably never see.

I'd just like to know why everything was not documented clearly in writing to protect you. If that was me, I'd be coming home with a new bar counter, sink or anything else that was not bolted down. I got ripped off for $8k on a paint job once, and although it has been about 15 years, I still have a hard time thinking about it.

If I was running the job there would be a signed change order for every change done but then again I run a business every day of the week and I don't think this guy did. Also they locked the doors on us when most of our tools were out. They still have a few things that belong to us. This is my second time getting ripped off in the last 6 months. I am still fighting with a church to pay me for some work I did in Oct of 2010. they owe me $2500 and stupid me figured it was a small job and a church so I didn't bother prelimming so I lost my lien rights. I think I am going to get my employees and everyone I know to picket outside on Sunday morning.

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

a wood chuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

In heaven? Well, maybe not.

Latest posts

Back