What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out that my second knee replacement surgery is a go for this upcoming Wednesday. I'll be in the hospital until Saturday and after to a few bottles of Oxycontin, I will be back online in about a week or so. You all be good!

Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

In other news, I found a really cool (and inexpensive) 4-in-1 universal touchescreen stylus that has a laser pointer, ballpoint pen, and LED flashlight built in. It was under $3 at Walmart. Too bad they didn't have blue. But the laser pointer alone is going to be worth it for teasing the cats.

Also, I got up very early and went to the store when they were about to remove the signage in electronics. They were going to throw out and destroy the signs for Thor 2 and other movies. I snagged every single one of the Thor 2 ones and some Jungle Book ones and I think even one for Gravity (I haven't seen the movie). I missed my chance to get the large ones near the door-- they were destroyed. I hate to think of things just being destroyed. Now I just need to find a place for them.

In a bonus, two packages arrived so I got my IDE converter for an old harddrive to work in my desktop and I got The Mighty Thor 482 400th "Gigantic Issue". I'm normally a DC comics fan, but I have a few Marvel ones.

Oh, and my doctor said my infection is clearing up well. He actually touched my face this time so I guess its no longer contagious. I got a refill on my prescriptions and get to see him again in 3 weeks.

I am in meetings all day over two jobs that are going south fast

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

How are you feeling, havasu?

My power was out for 11 hours straight. It was so cold without the heater that 10 of my cats were on the bed with me. My brother spent the night at a friend's house and got to have heat, running water, and internet. I had to make a 3am run to Burger King (the only place in town open after midnight) but had to wait about an hour because they shut down until 4 to switch over to breakfast. Brought the chiweenie with me so he was ecstatic (he loves to ride in the car). My brother met up with me and brought some of our friends. They all climbed into the expedition with me so they could do the drive-thru order more easily and hang out. The girl that took the orders had a good sense of humor. We hung out for about 45 minutes and then my brother took our friends back to their house and I went home with the food for Mom.
When the power came back on I took a telescoping litter scoop and cleaned litterpans. I wish there was some practical use for what the cats leave in the box so that it doesn't just take up space in trash bags. ugh. At least its not the same size as what the cows leave (but the cows' "products" can be used as fertilizer).

Meanwhile I have almost 40 tabs of Google Chrome open and I've been meaning to go through them all and read the data and close them-- but have been having issues with concentrating (and getting things to load properly bc of the throttle).

Flushed 13 building risers.

City pressure- 175 psi

Pitot it at 6,000 gallons per minute

Five minutes if flush per riser

390,000 gallons of water wasted

ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1394152907.621577.jpg

Between working around and waiting on other trades, and trying to verify if everything was actually ready for me to proceed, I managed to set 2 toilets and install 2 remote controls for instantaneous gas water heaters today. Oh, and do a quick service call. What a waste of my time. :mad:

Today my mother wanted to go out of town to go to Sam's Club and some other places. I convinced her to let us go to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. They didn't have much, but they had some cool stuff-- some small chunks of countertop, a neat ceiling fan, a ton of doorknobs. We ended up getting lever type doorknobs for $2. We used to have that kind in our house but our tenants stole them. I took pictures of a few things that I thought would interest my friend and then we went to a the Lumber Surplus place. I saw that they had the countertops my friend wanted for cheaper than HomeDepot. They also had some good prices on sinks.

And then I saw that they had this:
1898288_448564978609706_1580856445_n.jpg

It's a Maax "Decora" tub wall kit. I've seen it online for over $300 but it was $199. I just need to check the measurements of my mother's shower space and make sure that I get the right tub for it. I asked if it needed a specific tub and they said it could go with any tub of the same size. The tub they paired it with was 20 inches high-- way too high for my mother. So I need to find one in the right dimensions that is much shorter. I think my mother wants 13inches or shorter (I know, that sounds dirty). We ate at Golden Corral and my brother totally stuffed himself and then felt sick. My mother and brother used the riding carts in the Walmart and we picked up some stuff that we can't get at our local Walmart. We went to Sam's club and my mother got a bunch of frozen chicken, potatoes, and other stuff. I grabbed two 22lb bags of cat food. When we got home, my mother was falling asleep and my brother was still sick. I had to unload everything by myself. Might not sound like a big deal, but my back has been hurting all day. Even after 1200mg of Ibuprofen it still hurts.

So I was sitting down to check my e-mail and I heard a squeak in the kitchen which I recognized as a rabbit squeal. I ran in and one of my cats had a bunny.
1966673_448589291940608_314927450_n.jpg

I quickly took it away from her and checked the bunny for visible injuries. None that I can see, but poor little thing is frightened. Unlike my previous rescued bunny, this one is a bit older and cries and tries to get away from me. I'm trying to figure out how I can release it without the cats getting it. I'll have to wait until its a bit warmer. For now I have the bunny in a box with some water and timothy hay.

Went out to install a kitchen sink today. Get there and realize that the nice little box of material that I had put together for it last night was still at home. I had to drive to Lowe's and pay about triple for what I needed.

Ah ok.. I hope that the pain will end quickly.. Good luck havasu!

Like a lion.. Never give up havasu! As say one song, kill the pain!

Today my goal is to clean out the garage and get the jeep in to start building it.

Havasu, I'm glad you made it through the surgery and I wish you a swift recovery.
I hope that you don't have a high resistance to painkillers.

Yesterday I slept most of the day and tried to help the bunny my cat caught. Today I slept and found that the bunny had died. I buried it and went back to sleep. I briefly got up to make microwave potato chips (found a thing at walmart that has a slicer and then a rack with instructions). It's fairly fast and easy. I've been trying to work on designing stuff in Sims 3 but am having trouble concentrating. My chronic fatigue is kicking in with a vengeance. I think I'm going to take a nap now..

Latest posts

Back