What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a call today that one of my guys ran over a fence post and shoved it through the oil pan of my backhoe.

Ouch, that sounds expensive.

Me, I got out in the world today. Went to Sam's Club, got into one of them electric carts, and putted around like I owned the place. I also ran into one of my old work buddies, who is now a Lieutenant. Well, I had to, I ran into him while blasting the horn. I thought he was going to take a swing at me, until it was just me...the ultimate joker!

Chris, I hope that the backhoe and damage is covered by insurance. Still sounds like an expensive mistake. How much of a chewing out did the guy get?

havasu, LOL. My brother likes to use the riding carts at Sam's Club and he tries to run me over and push me with the carts-- but they always run out of battery very quickly.

I took a friend up to Surplus Warehouse and showed him that they had the countertops he needed for his kitchen reno. It was $60 cheaper than the ones he was going to buy at HD. His wife saw some cabinets she really liked and they may actually get them because the price is good.

Then I went to take them to the Habitat for Humanity Restore only to discover that they were closed for no apparent reason.

This morning I was thinking about how to fix the s-trap and no vent situation under my kitchen sink when I started thinking about how things are plumbed in my bathroom. I went and took pictures and discover that it also has an S-trap and no vent.

I'm pretty sure that if I looked in my mother's vanity that I would find the same situation. *sigh*

I don't know if the rules for the vents have changed since the plumber installed things or what the deal is... My late plumber told me he had been the plumber on this house for at least 50 years. I wish I had asked him when the additions were put on and such. Too late now. I miss the old guy.
10152433_455282301271307_141751630_n.jpg

Last edited:
^ Are they checking for occupants in the carpool lanes? if so, about time they issue cites for this. Is has become out of control with all the arrogant drivers who violate this.

Nope, Some guy thought it would be ok to try and steal a manhole cover on the freeway and then decided when a cop pulled up he would run across traffic to avoid them. Luckily for him he made it playing frogger. They had it all shut down to look for him.

Nope, Some guy thought it would be ok to try and steal a manhole cover on the freeway and then decided when a cop pulled up he would run across traffic to avoid them. Luckily for him he made it playing frogger. They had it all shut down to look for him.

Only in this glorious land of entitlements. :cool:

If he had been unlucky, traffic would probably have started moving sooner.

WTF? Who the hell steals a manhole cover? I wonder if he was on crack or if he thought it was a joke.

oh yeah.. We can thank Jimmy Carter for it being called "entitlement". We can also thank him for making it so that the banks can charge more than 10% interest and it is not considered usery. Did I mention that he was a total dickbag to the secret service agents and their codename for him was "Old A$$hole"? (my father knew some of the secret service members when we lived in Manassas).

Meanwhile, I took some medicine and racked out for the entire day. When my mother paged me on the intercom I could only move my pinkie. I couldn't lift my arms or anything. It's annoying when that happens.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. I'll see if I need a change in prescription because this staph thing has decided to not go away. It's not on my face, but its spreading on my legs and the tops of my feet, and is standing ground on my arms.

Today I went to the doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic cream that I have to put on from my chin all the way down to my toes and even get into the webs on my feet and hands. I really regret being so fat now. But it seems to be helping with the itching somewhat.

Meanwhile, my friend's father borrowed my Black & Decker matrix to use for a job. His parents bought the jigsaw attachment and when he's done they are giving me the attachment.

Just got to my mountain house and am sitting here in front of the fire while the wife is doing some dishes in the sink on the second floor when it starts raining in my living room, guess what I am doing tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

Chris, oh no! That really sucks! At least you know how to fix it. I hope its a quick job and that you can go back to sitting in front of the fire and drinking some beer.

My power went out on Friday but I barely got enough signal to send a text to a friend to gripe about it and he invited us over. We spent the night and most of the day there.

My mother likes children and babies so she played with the little ones and kept the 4-year-old from bugging me for awhile. Its amazing how much patience she has for other people's children because she has almost no patience for anything else. At least she's stopped pestering me about grandkids. She knows my brother is her only hope for that.

I was able to watch some videos that I couldn't get to load on my connection. I was watching some preview stuff for Sims 4. I really like the build mode updates they've added.

Seeing the stuff they can do with video games makes me wish I knew more advanced programming code. I only learned COBOL, RPGII, and BASIC in college. I hated the first two but enjoyed the latter. I did self-learn HTML well enough that I was actually able to test out of my Internet class in college. I didn't actually have to take a test, I had to come teach the webpage programming portion of the class for a couple of days since I knew HTML better than the teacher. She was having the students use the webpage maker feature on Angelfire and I showed them how to do it in Notepad. Things have changed a LOT in the programming world since then.

So what was the issue, Chris?

Took my son's friend back home, finished up a little bit of loose end stuff for the kitchen remodel, verified material against shipping list for some stuff that came in Friday, talked my son through changing the oil in his car, played games with my niece, kissed my wife, petted my dog, and generally enjoyed life on an all to rare day off.

Bad cheap faucet plus an under sink drain leak. I'm in the process of moving my kitchen down stairs so I don't want to sink any money into the existing. I used a bucket. Figured I am only there a day or two out of the month so I can deal with it until the remodel is done.

Oh and I bought a new toy.ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1396231341.932155.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

Bucket plumbing is how a lot of stuff is done in my home. Now I have so many things to fix... LOL.

Ooh, that is a nice one, Chris.

My tractor is a Kubota L2800. It's not running right now since I need to replace the batter. I'm going to have to get a stepstool to get in there since i'm a bit too short to reach properly to lift the old one out.

Here is a question for you guys, sort of a poll if you will: Have you ever purchased something that your wife/girlfriend/significant other wanted and liked at the time of purchase, and later on (be it weeks, months, years) the wife/girlfriend/s.o. complains that they "never wanted" it and that it was entirely your decision and they hated it? Or, similarly, have you ever moved furniture and done it the way the s.o. wanted but later they complained that they didn't want it that way and blamed you?

I'm asking because I'm trying to determine if that is "normal" or if its just my mother that does that.

Yeah, I purchased diamond rings, diamond tennis bracelets, diamond earrings and diamond necklaces for the ex-wife. She never even put them on but now when it is time to split the jewelry, she is fighting me tooth and nail to keep these dumb trinkets of my affection! That's OK, cuz she is a BEOTCH! :(

Ya bucket plumber, ya!! LOL.

Skid steers are much more difficult to operate efficiently than they appear. Do you have a good operator, other than you?

I have one guy who can run one, other than me. I have another guy wanting to learn so that will happen too.

Bucket plumbing is how a lot of stuff is done in my home. Now I have so many things to fix... LOL.

Ooh, that is a nice one, Chris.

My tractor is a Kubota L2800. It's not running right now since I need to replace the batter. I'm going to have to get a stepstool to get in there since i'm a bit too short to reach properly to lift the old one out.

Here is a question for you guys, sort of a poll if you will: Have you ever purchased something that your wife/girlfriend/significant other wanted and liked at the time of purchase, and later on (be it weeks, months, years) the wife/girlfriend/s.o. complains that they "never wanted" it and that it was entirely your decision and they hated it? Or, similarly, have you ever moved furniture and done it the way the s.o. wanted but later they complained that they didn't want it that way and blamed you?

I'm asking because I'm trying to determine if that is "normal" or if its just my mother that does that.

Not really, My wife knows how cheap I am so if there is something that was bought and it is not a tool, tractor, fishing or hunting item, then it had to be her idea.

Yeah, I purchased diamond rings, diamond tennis bracelets, diamond earrings and diamond necklaces for the ex-wife. She never even put them on but now when it is time to split the jewelry, she is fighting me tooth and nail to keep these dumb trinkets of my affection! That's OK, cuz she is a BEOTCH! :(

So true in every split up. Things that had no value when together are now suddenly special to them.

I bet with that neat little tractor, you could pull up all my crappy St. Augustine grass in about two minutes.

Back