What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, I thought the truck looked very clean before but it looks even shinier now. Very professional and cool!
It would never stay that clean out by me. I have to use the window cleaner stuff at gas stations to make my license plate visible under the mud.

Today I'm going to go pick up some more groceries and pick up some stuff my brother ordered-- he has things shipped to a friend's house so UPS and FedEx don't give us bs about nobody being home when they go to the wrong address.

So, I had a small lump like a heat blister or zit form on the top of my ear that was near a nerve and was very annoying. Then I got a headless zit on one of my cheeks and I tried to pop it. Then more of them popped up on my cheek-- then more popped up on my other cheek. Then they spread out all over my cheeks and then to my forehead and nose and then I started getting little bumps on my arms that look like ant bites/zits. They itch like hell. I asked the pharmacist about it and he suggested I see the doctor and picked out some anti-itch cream. I managed to get a walk-in with the doctor since my mother had an appointment. Turns out I have a staph infection. ugh. I never knew a staph infection would itch. I'm not supposed to scratch it and I'm not supposed to put any cream on it. The cream I tried made it itch worse. I'll have to take medicine for at least 2 weeks and wash the rashes twice per day and hope it clears up.

I was hoping to do the self-leveling flooring by now, but my friend who was going to help is a germaphobe and wants to stay away from me until this clears up.

LOL. It's not the scary MRSA type. It's one that lives on the skin just naturally and only finds its way in when the opportunity arises. Dead skin cells on the surface tend to be a protective layer to prevent the bacteria from getting in. They can get in via popped pimples from clogged pores or scratches. In my case, one of my cats accidentally scratched my cheek while drying to get my attention.

While it is contagious while active, you pretty much have to rub a body part with an open wound all over the infected area. So you're not likely to get it from light contact or just being near someone.

That said, I'm quarantining myself a bit and not letting my cats touch my face. I've been wearing long sleeves to keep them from contacting the blisters on my arms. Although now I have a couple of them on my legs down near my ankles.

I still wonder how long ago the bacteria got onto my skin. I have an elderly friend who keeps getting staph infections in her leg, but I haven't visited her in almost a year.

Hey, if I can restrain myself from hating on cats, anyone can.

My wife's miserable excuse for an animal wizzed on my djembe 3 weeks ago, and I have not killed him yet.

And you didn't post for us?

[ame]http://youtu.be/HW6XwxFCH14[/ame]

Do you have dreadlocks, Mann?

Last edited:
I realized today how much I want to go hunting.

I also watched a lady get run over by a big rig.

Neither of those have any relation to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

LOL.

So, I guess this is not the right place to tell funny stories about my colony of cats.

This morning I was getting up to go to the bathroom when I noticed what looked like blood all over my ankle and foot. My foot had been resting up against one of the cats so I checked the cat and he was fine. I wasn't cut so I couldn't figure it out. I went and washed it off and discovered it smelled like pomegranate. I have no idea how it got on me.

I tried to change out the cartridge in my AquaSource faucet (for the cold water) to stop the leak but it didn't work. When I turned the shutoff back on, water was just running out when the lever was in the off position. I guess I must not have gotten it down tight enough or something. The hot and cold cartridges are identical so I didn't mix them up (AquaSource sent me new cartridges for both of them for free).

I'll have to look at it later to see if I can get it to work but other people needed to use the bathroom and I'm not feeling so great.

Just got back from South Florida. Went down on Thursday evening, 2 dive boat trip on Friday, a shore dive yesterday morning, a party with several of my friends last night, then sitting around catching up with those same friends. One of them is visiting from Poland, she is not sure if she should go back or not.

I sent my first text message. I suck at texting though. The s-voice thing that lets me speak is somewhat helpful, but it takes a long time to edit and fix errors. I still prefer typing instead of using the little touchscreen keyboard.

It was cold and rainy last night so six of my furballs are curled up on my bed and one is on my tv stand.

My staph infection is starting to clear up but my arms and legs still have itchy spots.

My friend's sewer pipe broke under his house and leaked raw sewage all over. I got him some lime to pour on it, but its been raining so much he hasn't had a chance to get to it. The self-leveling job is still on hold pending his repairs. I hope he is done soon or that I can convince him to come out and help. I'm thinking of trying to do it by myself, but my back has been giving me trouble. It may sound pathetic, but I need him to lift and pour the bucket once I get the stuff mixed. I also need to find my tools that got misplaced. I got a new float thingy that can get into tighter spaces.

Meanwhile, I just read about a product called Sentrel that makes tub/bath surrounds out of acrylic. Allegedly its supposed to be stain and scratch proof. Some of their "looks like 'real' stone" stuff looks pretty damn fake though. I wish I could get a custom pattern printed.

phishfood, a shore dive sounds cool. I haven't been diving in over 13 years. Although, I'm more of a "put on flippers and float on the surface" type because my ears don't equalize the pressure and I end up with a massive headache and then get sick. I once puked into my regulator while 30ft below the surface. Fortunately I was able to pull it out of my mouth and hit the purge valve to clear it.

Chris, YIKES! That just looks scary. I'm sure you had fun, but man... My heart would not be able to take that.

I found out that my second knee replacement surgery is a go for this upcoming Wednesday. I'll be in the hospital until Saturday and after to a few bottles of Oxycontin, I will be back online in about a week or so. You all be good!

Latest posts

Back