What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, you need me to stop by?

Actually a sod cutter would be quickest and cleanest.

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

Yeah, I hate that crabgrass looking crap. The G/F's house needs so much work that I'm trying to convince her to sell it and buy a better place, preferably in Upland.

Most of my friends/family live up there, relatively low taxes, nice homes, SB County, great freeway access, and less taco stands like it is where I currently live, if you know what I mean....

I need to move too, I just can't figure out where I want to go. I want to leave the state but that is throwing away everything I have here and starting over. I just can't do that.

We have seriously discussed moving out of state as well. The G/F wants to move to Prescott Valley, Arizona. I think I would die of boredom there. Hawaii would be my first choice, but would need to get a job in order to purchase a decent house there. I also really like South Dakota, but driving 2 hours to go to Costco doesn't seem reasonable. Combine this with my kids and grandkids living here and it is doubtful I will ever leave the state.

I live out in the country here, but I wouldn't mind moving somewhere off the main road, and with more acreage and less neighbors. Particularly ones with loud Harleys and loud music.

So I got to the dmv just before 2:30, it is now 3:42 and I still have not hit the front door of the building. I need a verification on a quad I bought and the sign in front of me says no verifications after 4 pm. I'm gonna stab someone.

Most local police departments will conduct VIN verifications for a few bucks. I did them all the time, and no waiting at all.

That's what I usually do but I had to do paperwork too.

Havasu, sorry to hear the ex-wife is giving you trouble. She probably only wants the jewelry so she can insure it or sell it or something. Or maybe she just feels she's entitled to have it.

I hope you were able to get the stuff verified, Chris.

I just discovered Google Sketchup 2014 and tried out the trial version. It takes some getting used to, but I like it. I'm going to try to learn how to use it more and create 3D rooms and such. I need to find all of the plumbing parts to input and figure out how the hell to rotate things.

On a side note, are there any master threads or pinned threads about the various plumbing codes? I'm thinking of borrowing some info from another site and posting a list of which states use which plumbing code and then people from various states can post state-specific info and such. My state follows its own code but is based on IPC but has its own plumbing code.

Speaking of code, does the 15" from center of toilet to side obstacle thing apply to the arc of a door?

Would either of these be ok?
tumblr_n38zkm8TeH1roe4xoo1_250.png

tumblr_n38zkm8TeH1roe4xoo2_250.png

Second image would have the door open up and block the light switch-- but the other side is actually closer to the circuit box so it might be better to just move the light switch to the other side. Only problem is I'm concerned that the door would hit the wall and bounce back or not be able to open fully because of the doorknob hitting the wall. Alternately we could have the doors swing outward (not ideal) or have a pocket door.

(obviously I would want to make sure that the door would not hit the toilet so I would have it far enough away that it wouldn't hit). I'm now wondering if there is a building code that restricts the distance from a wall to the doorframe to allow the door ample space to swing... I know that is building code and not plumbing... And I am still royally confused about wet venting and proper order.

I'll have to show the google sketchup pics sometime.

Last edited:
I'm back in the mountains getting ready to go wheeling for the day.

I hope you get a chance to snag some pictures while you're out there. Although, its more important that you have fun.

I just reported the local Walmart to the Dept of Health because they didn't have a backup generator. EVERYTHING cold was considered spoiled. All of the stuff on the shelves as well as the stuff in the freezers in the back. Its the store manager's fault for not having the generator. Anyway, she didn't make sure that they got all of the old stuff out before new freight came in and they got new and old mixed up so they put some of the spoiled stuff back out. I ended up with some spoiled milk. I didn't know about the screwup until one of the employees asked me to take her to another town to get groceries and said that they were mixing the bad stuff with the new stuff. So I contacted the health dept while a friend contacted corporate-- and apparently the corporate people are extremely angry about the situation. Health Dept said they are going to send someone to investigate. I hope they fire the store manager. She should have been fired already for trashtalking an employee over the walkie talkie system (bc she was too stupid to realize the employee was at work that day). I'm hoping that maybe the next store manager won't be an incompetent lying two-faced b*** like the current one and one before.

Last edited:
My brother attempted to dye his hair purple and I tried to help. It was one of those epic fail moments. I've never died hair before so I wasn't any good at it. I also suck at using a blow dryer since I've never really used one for hair.

My brother normally has very dark and thick hair so he ran out of the bleach to lighten his hair enough to take color.

Also, the water for the shower is not wanting to get hot-- it takes a long time to get the water to be even warm and the tub doesn't drain well so it starts to fill up. It's annoying as hell. I have a leak in an outside waterline somewhere so I had to shut off the outdoor water. I turned it on briefly to fill the water trough and when I went to take a shower the water started spurting and would only run cold and then it just stopped working. I had to put on a towel and have my brother go out to the pump house to turn the outside water off for me.

Yesterday I got up early and took my friend's wife a few places she needed to go, listened to her argue with someone at the water company before she handed the phone to her husband. Their water bill more than tripled in the last few months and the city is raising water prices again next month. They could only afford to pay $40 toward what they owe and the hag at the water company was threatening to shut their water off unless they paid $50. So my friend got on the phone and explained that he couldn't pay more money than that and that his neighbor owed $600 in water bills so why were they giving that guy special treatment while giving him grief (apparently his neighbor is several years behind on water payments but is the son of a city council member so he gets away with stuff). He won the argument and the payment was accepted. Apparently the woman tried to give him some load of bs about the cost of living in the town going up. Basically the only thing that has gone up is the water bill but the city wastes its money on frivolous crap and is now bankrupt. There's also the problem that the city destroyed my friend's driveway (which used to be concrete) to fix a water leak (which also flooded his yard and made it all muddy and nasty-- the leak was before the meter). They refused to pay to fix any of it and he can't find pictures of the driveway before it was ruined.

Anyway, my friend picked her obnoxious kid up from school early so we had to bring him with us on the trip. I hate when she brings her brat along. My brother decided to tell the kid to play a game called "Shut the F*** Up". The kid managed to stay quiet for an entire minute and 10 seconds before he started being noisy again.

We stopped to eat and the kid had to go to the bathroom 3 times while we were there. Then we went to the store and the kid had to go to the bathroom 2 times. While there I learned what marijuana smells like. There was some dude with dreadlocks, all sorts of homemade jewelry, and a small leather pouch hanging from his neck. I noticed a sort of sour almost skunk smell and when he walked away my friend commented that you could smell the weed on that guy. Its not a pleasant odor.

Fortunately everyone stayed in the car when I ran into Sam's Club so I was able to get my s#it and get out. Unless I'm in a hardware or computer store, I don't like to linger. I hate shopping.

I got home around 8pm. Went to bed around 9pm and didn't get up until after 1pm today. Ok, I got up around 9am to give my dog her meds and then promptly went back to bed.

I only woke up because my dogs were barking at someone at the gate. Whoever it was decided to leave rather than deal with the dogs. I looked out the window to see the a truck turning around just outside the front gate. People are afraid of my rottweiler.

I've worked 42 hours in the last three days, I'm beat. Ready for the weekend.

Managed to get in 10 hours today. These hours in the gated and retirement communities are a PITA. Can't start at the senior living project for the day job until 8 AM, an hour there, then 45 minute drive through traffic to my remodel job, but can't work past 6 PM there.

I got home and opened a letter from the dmv, they never sent me my renewal and I never looked at my plate now I owe 736 for this years registration. I am a month out

Time to go to Arizona and register all your vehicles for 1/5th the price of what you are currently paying....and no smog tests!

Back