Question from me, an homeowner

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsdambrosio

Reaction score
The house was purchased with basement bathroom in place and it is next to the main plumbing line.

After living here for almost ten years and having a flood, the bathroom while secondary leaves a lot to be desired.

I have sketched out the current set up. I was thinking of moving the bathroom to front of the house right next to main trap closer to the sewer the line.

Having very limited knowledge of how plumbing works, other than gravity being important, couldn’t I simply tie in the current sewer line in the front of my house w out trenching/wrecking my whole basement?

Scan Apr 28, 2024 at 1.40 PM.jpeg

Tia!

There are backflow preventer devices normally required when the bathroom is below the street manhole level.
That below grade bathroom is plumbed to be isolated.
House traps are rare and obsolete.
Depending on depth, one can put plumbing wherever one wants.

There are backflow preventer devices normally required when the bathroom is below the street manhole level.
That below grade bathroom is plumbed to be isolated.
House traps are rare and obsolete.
Depending on depth, one can put plumbing wherever one wants.
Thanks.

“Plumbed to be isolated”, not sure what that means? Meaning it’s only use is for the current setup?

What do you do with a house trap if they are obsolete?

Understand anything can be done but I don’t want to rip up my basement to relocate which it sounds like would be the case here.

Trying not to waste my time or a plumbers time hence why I popped onto the forum.

Thanks!

The portion of the basement plumbing, if below manhole level, is connected to the backflow and on its own branch. The main drain for the house would not be on the backflow protected leg. That's the code.
We remove house traps.

Back