What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr_David, I went to Saipan and Tinian a couple of times when I was on Guam. It's beautiful out there.
True about the government not caring. So I need to get the forms Mom needs to fill out. Louisiana govt is especially desperate for money right now. The last governor totally ruined the economy.
On the CD, I wish that I had gone in for the 5 year one that was at 6% back in 2008. Finding something at half that is not easy these days.

Chris, that is a beautiful piece of property. I love the roof! Wow... Stucco over hay bales? LOL! As for nosy neighbors, I wonder if you can get some giant tarps and something to hold them up to make it so the neighbors can't see what you are doing. Do you have a fence around your property? If not, you could put up a fence and then put up tarps inside the fence-- where neighbors couldn't touch it without trespassing. That way she can't see what is going on and it is none of her business.
In Singapore, they used to build up temporary walls to hide construction sites and had little signs apologizing for the ugly mess because people didn't like to see all of the dirt and such. If the neighbors call the cops or anything, the cops will get tired of them and see them as a nuisance if they are just constant complainers. I can't stand nosy neighbors-- makes me glad that I have several acres of land and some forest in between me and the neighbors.

Sorry about your dog, Matt. That tears me up too. :-(

Aww, I'm sorry about your dog, too, Havasu. :-( Cancer really really sucks. I've lost four pets to it in recent years-- and then there were several friends and a couple family members who had it.

Yesterday I drove my brother to work because he got his truck stuck in a ditch, got a friend who brought along a braided steel cable with hooks so I towed the truck out of the ditch (with friend at the wheel of my bro's truck). The friend found that the rear tire had popped so he changed it to the spare, but it was too small to drive on well so he took the truck back to the house and I brought him back into town and bought him some food as a thank you.

I told AT&T on Twitter that I wasn't buying any of their BS excuses on why my phoneline was out and said that they were potentially costing me money from not being able to make/receive important calls. I threatened to report them to the BBB and the public service commission.

Today I drove my brother in to try to get the tire fixed but he decided he wants new tires but they won't be in til Wednesday. Took him a few places and then brought him home so he could take the CR-V in to go help some friends fix up their trailer. I cooked for Mom and am trying to rest.

On the way into town I saw the AT&T van. Landline is back working again. And I have cell signal again too.

LOL. I honestly think that if I hadn't threatened to report them, it wouldn't be fixed yet.

Today, my dog would of been 9 years old. Sadly, he's no longer with us (gone almost two years), but it still stings. I miss him.

His most favourite thing in the world was bananas. So on his birthdays, I have a banana in his memory. They don't taste near as good without my buddy to share them with though :(

sorry to hear that Matt, they are like family

Check this out...
38c896db8ae6321404b4bf89a4098ae4.jpg

if you hear banjo music in the woods....run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These people are from an area called Marble Hill, GA. We call them marble hillians, these people had 2 5 star tents a couple campers, and the wash room pictured above, all linked together to form their humble abode. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji28]

ow..that hurt. :eek: you alright?

now that the formality is out of the way.

dumbass, why are you wearing a ring. YOU KNOW better than that !!:D

hope it gets better quick :D

Yeah I'm good lol.

And that's well deserved. It's the first time it's happened to me, only been married a little over a year. Almost losing the finger has got me thinking about one of those Qalo rubber rings.

Fixed the ring though, it was all out of round, copper swedging tool got it back round again.

Yeah I'm good lol.

And that's well deserved. It's the first time it's happened to me, only been married a little over a year. Almost losing the finger has got me thinking about one of those Qalo rubber rings.

Fixed the ring though, it was all out of round, copper swedging tool got it back round again.

seriously, take that ring off at work.

i had a jersey glove get caught in a burr on the chuck of a timberwolf drill
spinning at 1250 rpm. ripped my LH pinky off my hand.
they sewed it back on.

I have seen 2 guys in 30 years loose their ring finger getting it caught inbetween pipes.

wear it on weekends. or get a gold chain, put it around your neck

I've worn my wedding ring about three times since I got married. For that very reason. My wife is not paranoid so it's no big deal.

I'm ordering a Qalo ring tomorrow, it's a pretty cool idea for guys In the trade.

I always wondered why my grandpa (master plumber/electrician) never wore a ring.

I see why now. ***** is still throbbing, I'm just grateful It didn't get into the tendon, I've had 4 surgeries on my hands since 2014, don't need a 5th.

I never wear my wedding ring to work. Too many risks. If I don't get it hung up on something (like mr waters here), I will likely get electrical shock. If I escape injury, I will probably straight up lose it. So for those reasons, I rarely even wear it at all unless me and Mrs30 are goin out on a date somewhere or something.

Today is a holiday here but I worked anyway, we are crazy busy right now so trying to catch up. No service work today, so I helped out one of our crews on a dental office job. Good change of scenery from the service world.

Also, after many years of debating we pulled the trigger and I bought me and my mom tickets to the NASCAR race in New Hampshire in September :D mom is the worlds biggest nascar fan and deserves to go. Her health isn't the best and is getting worse, so i wanted to get her out before she's not able to travel. She's just so damn stubborn, now I know where I get it from!

6182214fa5c819afd59dfa514eaedd49.jpg

Dug in a new waterline, ran by a slab and took the air off, covered it up. Drank some beer. Good Friday.

Back