What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putin is a jerk to put it mildly.

I picked up some galvanized pipes for my friend today so he can rework his shower. I also helped him look up options for handheld showerheads. Grabbed some tablecloths for his wedding next saturday. Found them on sale for 97cents each. I'll probably go over early to help with setup and a friend I haven't seen in years (bc he moved to Michigan) is flying in so I'll get to see him. I'm going to saute some mushrooms for him because he loves them. I used to make them for him on D&D nights when he still lived in the area.

Last night I was sleeping (on my side since I'm a side sleeper) and the dog Princess trampled right over me and parked her butt directly on my head. She couldn't figure out why I was pushing her off of me. I had to hug her and let her lick my face so she wasn't so offended.

I'm being lazy and procrastinating on some things but I took trash out earlier and changed the hvac filters.

Went for a walk outside this morning. Was looking for my cat Boo and ended up walking in the side field and taking a look around. Walked into the barnyard (which is where Boo likes to hang out) and saw that the cows' water trough was low. The old hose for the float filler thingy had broken off at the metal ring on the hose bibb. I removed the ring, went and got the hose splitter I'd been meaning to put on, put it on, found the new hose I bought and tried to put it on the splitter but it didn't want to go so I took the splitter off and was able to get it attached and then put it back on. It's a plastic thing but it went on to the hosebibb easily. I did test the switches on the splitter to see if they were on or off and turned the left side one off. I turned the trough upside down to dump it out-- the leaves and twigs were rotting in it and it stunk. Rinsed it out with the new hose, turned the water off, and then attached the hose to the filler. Had to tighten it bc water leaked out above the filler. Got it running full blast now to refill. I will need to be more diligent about cleaning out leaves and twigs.

Then I started hauling trash over to the burn pile using my gorilla cart. That thing is fantastic. Wheels don't have any problems going over rock, pits, etc. Only hauled a little bit because Boo came around to see me. Brought him inside and gave him canned food.

Waiting on my friend to let me know when he's done prepping for paint over at his house so I can do some painting. He knows I like painting. LOL.

I took the Aunts and Uncle out to lunch yesterday. It was at one of the old fashioned places I've been going to since 1965 or so. It was out in the country, and now it is becoming an industrial park. Toyota car plant out there, Polaris plant out there, Amazon warehouse out there, etc.

https://www.oldgreenbrier.com/

Just so you can see what type of place it is. It's one of my favorite places.

My mouth is watering profusely!

It is my favorite restaurant overall. They greet you with a basket of the best hushpuppies when you sit down and it is hard not to eat too many before your meal arrives. And the tea, water, soft drink glasses are huge. They also have home made fried pies at the register to buy to take home. They are as big as a good sized dinner plate folded in half.

And they have a lawful carry gun sticker welcome, on their entrance door.

Northern Virginia, too, has become a hostile environment for Conservative thought. Tennessee seems to be a good place from what Wrench says and Twowaxhack’s ‘hood is probably fine too.

@Zanne, I watched a movie yesterday and thought about you: The Adventures of Milo and Otis.
For some reason I have a hard time watching movies on TV. In the theater with popcorn I'm fine for about 90 min.

Im an old softy to see a first run movie at a theater, just to get out of the house. Seniors pay $5. We aren't big soda drinkers and have popcorn at home.

Back