What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected regarding NBC. Oddly, I think that any country that sends their people our way, I am thinking about Maduro and his country Venezuela here, are our "enemies". My opinion, however, is slowly but subtly becoming the minority opinion.
We’re being invaded. Make no mistake about it.

The reasons may different for different people. The people in control are letting it happen and the people coming have their reasons and the government from where they’re coming from have their reasons.

Everyone has their own angle here but ultimately our current government is not following the law as it’s been followed for years.

Phone woke me up this morning to remind me of a doctor's appointment on Monday. Cats have piled on me and one just sneezed in my face. It's about time for canned food I think, but I need to find Boo. He tried to get me up a couple hours ago but I was not moving. LOL. Will have to go over to my friend's house later today to finish painting and see what else they need help with. Then a nice long shower is in order.

I stand corrected regarding NBC. Oddly, I think that any country that sends their people our way, I am thinking about Maduro and his country Venezuela here, are our "enemies". My opinion, however, is slowly but subtly becoming the minority opinion.
Not to mention the thousands of young Chinese men pouring acoss the CA border. Military?

Yesterday I found out my friend didn't have enough chairs for the wedding-- which was later that same day. Ended up grabbing a dozen folding chairs from Walmart and wrote my name on the bottoms so they hopefully would not get stolen. I had to unload the truck, get Mom's wheelchair prepped-- I got some silicone covers for the part attached to the wheels that she can use to roll herself in the chair. Put pads on the arm rests. Sauteed some mushrooms to bring over for our friend from Michigan. Wedding ceremony was short and sweet. Birds were chirping louder than the vows. LOL.

I couldn't eat much of the catering bc most of it had stuff I either didn't like or that I'm allergic to. But I was expecting that going into it so I had a sandwich at home. Ground in the yard was really soft so all the women's heels were sinking in and the wheelchairs were sinking. But it was still a nice event and people had fun. Friend was ecstatic. Everyone was commenting on how happy they both are and how happy everyone is for them--especially since everyone hated their exes. LOL. I think there was one wedding crasher. I know that neither my friend nor his bride like her but she showed up. None of the exes were invited and there were no problems from them or their families. Best part was that I managed to avoid being in any wedding photos. When the bride went to through the bouquet and they said to have all the unmarried ladies stand in a certain spot, I said "Oh HELL NO" and hoofed as far away as possible. Bride got a chuckle out of that. LOL. I think one of my friend's sisters or maybe a cousin caught the bouquet. There were only a few kids and they misbehaved but were not too disruptive.

Just wish my cousin's son's wedding would be that casual. It's going to be longer and more formal. We were all absolutely exhausted at the end. Mom's wheelchair kept sinking into the ground so it was hard to move her around. Got her and myself into the truck but then my brother was chatting with people and wouldn't come so I had to call him on the phone and he told people I was "bugging" him. LIke, he helped get the wheelchair in the truck and knew we were trying to leave. After I helped Mom get all her stuff off and put it up for her I racked out.

Woke up with charlie horses in both legs. Right leg was knotted for 10min and I had to get up and stand on it to get the muscle in the ankle and below the knee to unknot. My back and wrist are hurting still. Took some naprosyn and magnesium but my body just hates me today. LOL. Waiting on Mom to get up so I can make something for us to eat.

Voting hasn't started where I live yet. They moved my main polling location but I usually do early voting at the location in Kinder anyway. Need to make sure Mom can find her mail-in ballot.

Went over to help my friend put his new electric fireplace in to a surround thingy I helped him build. Didn't really get to do much but hold something in place for him. Then he wiped Mom's data off the SSD for the computer I got for Mom at Walmart and he took out the SSDs from her old computer and took off all the mesh and tape I'd put on and put it back in its box so I could return it. Clerk checked to see that everything was there and serial number matched. I explained that it didn't even last a week before the lights stopped coming on and it wouldn't boot into windows. Told her I'd had it checked out by a computer repair person (my friend is A+ certified) and it was toast. Got a refund to the card and then ordered Mom a better mini computer. Minisforum Venus UM790 Pro. It's better than my new build and way better than the walmart one. And its tiny so it is easy to transport. It has two HDMI ports so it could hook to her monitor AND to the TV. It's VESA mount so it can mount to the back of a monitor.

Grabbed some stuff from Walmart and took the meat off rotisserie chickens. Cooked for Mom. I'm about to see if she's hungry again.

@Zanne, regarding the UM790 Pro, does it have a fan for cooling or is it passively cooled by convection only? I am looking for a completely silent PC for a home theater media server that must be silent.
It has a fan in the bottom. The more you tax the system the louder the fan gets, but its not terribly loud from what the review says. 34.0 dba is what the reviewer measured with the sound meter close to the device. I have desk fans so I could not hear the fans from the video even with volume turned way up. Will report on how loud or quiet it is when it arrives and we set it up.

They also sell it as a barebones model so you can put your own parts in it.

Not doing much today thus far. Called doctor's office to find out who had the appointment we got reminded of with their automated system yesterday. Mom and I both get email reminders as well and neither of us got them so I figured it was for my brother. He didn't believe me. The call confirmed that it was for him so I let him know and he went. They are changing some of his meds and giving him antibiotics since he's got a respiratory infection.

It has a fan in the bottom. The more you tax the system the louder the fan gets, but its not terribly loud from what the review says. 34.0 dba is what the reviewer measured with the sound meter close to the device. I have desk fans so I could not hear the fans from the video even with volume turned way up. Will report on how loud or quiet it is when it arrives and we set it up.

They also sell it as a barebones model so you can put your own parts in it.

Not doing much today thus far. Called doctor's office to find out who had the appointment we got reminded of with their automated system yesterday. Mom and I both get email reminders as well and neither of us got them so I figured it was for my brother. He didn't believe me. The call confirmed that it was for him so I let him know and he went. They are changing some of his meds and giving him antibiotics since he's got a respiratory infection.

@Zanne thanks for the info.

Popcorn, or is it corn pop, and a six-pack by my side, I stand ready to give our POTUS a chance to prove my eyes are lying to me!

On another note, I changed a couple of watch batteries this morning and am always amazed the we make machines that can produce screws so tiny the make nits (hair lice) look enormous in comparison!

Popcorn, or is it corn pop, and a six-pack by my side, I stand ready to give our POTUS a chance to prove my eyes are lying to me!

On another note, I changed a couple of watch batteries this morning and am always amazed the we make machines that can produce screws so tiny the make nits (hair lice) look enormous in comparison!
potus had 3 years and completely f'd the economy. Open your eyes. Cans of vegetables we use weekly have doubled in price. Doubling down on stupid is stupid. The border is wide open and potus' policies are flying illegals into the country deliberately. I'd say, skip the popcorn and go to a twelve pack.

Meanwhile, we cannot control spending, no one in the federal government is held accountable, and the IRS wants to track all we spend. What planet are you on? He had his chance. Bye.

potus had 3 years and completely f'd the economy. Open your eyes. Cans of vegetables we use weekly have doubled in price. Doubling down on stupid is stupid. The border is wide open and potus' policies are flying illegals into the country deliberately. I'd say, skip the popcorn and go to a twelve pack.

Meanwhile, we cannot control spending, no one in the federal government is held accountable, and the IRS wants to track all we spend. What planet are you on? He had his chance. Bye.
Not sure what I said that upset you, but that’s your problem and not mine. As for me, I wasted a couple of hours watching both the speech and the response.

I think everyone agrees with you except the ones sucking the governments tit.

Jimmy Carter is very happy Biden came along.

Back