What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you were busy, Twowaxhack! Glad you got the electrical sorted. I'm dreading working on ours but we have so many outlets that no longer work. Lights in the living room don't work. It's a mess.

I've still been exhausted but we got good news: Starlink equipment should be arriving tomorrow!! We are so excited for it. But they failed to mention when we ordered that the modem has no ethernet ports. It's $20 for the adapter to make wired connections work. My brother is stressing out over it because his setup is wired as there is no signal back in his room. However, we will be able to put the new modem closer to his room and set it so the water heater and HVAC don't block signal from the wireless modem/router. Worst case scenario we an find a repreater to use while waiting for the wired kit to arrive.

Today I got up and dragged the old satellite dishes from previous installations up to the front of the house (they were at the back tangled in blackberry bushes). Got my brother to remove the mounts. Got an old Dishnetwork one with a smaller pole- pole is still attached to the mount but the end is bent up so it will need to be chopped off. Hughesnet mount is for a larger pole but does not have the pole with it. I will have to check in the morning if the pole is still lying around somewhere but it's possible it was re-used for the Viasat dish. Worst case we can buy another pole at the hardware store if they have one. I might ask the owner if they have a pipe bender I can borrow (or bring the pipe in and ask if he has something to bend it a little to make it more of a sans serif J shape. Would save me $40 on buying a new mount. My current Dishnetwork dish is connected to the eaves via a J-arm mount.

Anyway, after that I tried to get my brother to help me pick up trash in the living room. Mom has been tossing her trash (mostly empty bottles) over in front of the tv. It spread out and got in front of the couch. It's my brother's job to take out trash and I got tired of constantly having to clean it up myself so I let it slip. Plus mom pissed me off by just throwing trash across the room. I had a case of the f*** its. My brother promised to clean it up but he doesn't keep promises. Long story short, I filled at least 7 large bags with trash. My brother helped for a couple of minutes here and there but for the most part he sat on his butt & stuffed his face. He did take most of the bags outside though. Lights don't work in that room and I lost daylight and I had to bend over one too many times and my back decided to nope out on me. (As an aside, I have given my mother trash bags and asked her to put her trash in them instead of tossing it across the room but she always loses them somehow or gripes they got too far away or made some excuse so she just chucks it on the floor).

I didn't make as much progress as I wanted, but its' better than nothing (I chucked that end table over out of aggravation when it got in my way).
MomsmessFeb6-2022_1.jpgMomsmessFeb6-2022_2.jpgMomsmessFeb6-2022_3.jpgMomsmesscleaningFeb6-2022_1.jpgMomsmesscleaningFeb6-2022_2.jpgMomsmesscleaningFeb6-2022_3.jpg
Last 3 pics were taken with the flash on my phone because the light from the sun was too dim.

Reelplumber, are you having a new house built there? I like that large building off to the left. Is that a car port?

Yesterday I continued to make a valiant effort to stay true to my committment to not watch any of this year's Winter Olympic Games but I made the mistake of going to the local pub. Along with the Six Nations Rugby Championship (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and, for some strange reason Italy and France) which I was interested in and some footie, there was one lone TV dedicated to the Olympic Games which, like a train wreck, I couldn't seem to take my eyes off. Of course, Zanne stealthily slipped in a still pic of what looks to be short track speed skating as well ;) Damn the devil to hell because this always happens to the best laid plans of mice and men.

LOL. I didn't even notice what was on the TV. I was so busy with the cleaning I didn't even eat. I had a brownie that day. I managed to get myself to eat a couple tunafish sandwiches after midnight though. I see my brother is awake (although I don't know for how long) and I'm waiting for the sun to get bright enough for me to see in that living room to go for round2 on cleaning those bottles. We need to go to the store at some point to get milk and other supplies. I'm hoping Samsclub will have the 25lb sacks of cat food back in stock. Walmart only had a single 20lb one. 15 cats go through food fast.
I also need to see what the hardware store has in terms of pole mounts and such.

My mother loves to watch the Olympics. I'm a bit meh on it. The snowboarding stuff was neat though. At least there weren't really bad commentators like for the summer Olympics. I forget what sport it was, but there was something Mom was watching where the commentators talked over the music and would not let a whole 2 seconds go by without yapping. It was so aggravating I had her mute the tv so we could watch in peace.

I for one am tired of wearing the masks that don't work. It is similar to standing behind a chain link fence as a way to protect you from a sprinkler getting you wet. I'll get off my soapbox now.

To keep with this thread, today I am going to go to the shooting range and release some frustration.
I haven't worn a mask in months. Except when forced to see the doctor. I'm also going shooting today. Bought a new gun and need to break it in.

Nice. What did you get?
Headed to Lake Havasu for a few days. I'll be checking in remotely.
I got a Taurus 856 and added a laser grip the next day and a Mossberg Maverick 88. For the shotgun I bought minishells to try today.

Attachments

• IMG_20211219_115311488_1.jpg
    IMG_20211219_115311488_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 856 edited.jpg
    856 edited.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • pix521904736.jpg
    pix521904736.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 7
  • 31027_6shot_Shotforce.jpg
    31027_6shot_Shotforce.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 6
I filled another 7 & 3/4 trash bags. Had to pause at bag 7 because I ran out of bags. Had to go buy more. Managed to get a 55 gallon bag filled 3/4 of the way and my back noped out on me. So I'm lying down resting. I found an entire trash can buried under that bottle and magazine pile.

My brain doesn't want to work right now. LOL.

That looks beautiful, Havasu. Reminds me a little of my uncle's former lake house in Meridian MS but your lake is nicer.

I hope the weather is warm there. It's cold this morning. Sun is coming up. I'm still tired and don't want to move. I really racked out last night though. I had the most bizarre dream about my brother and I walking in to a classroom (but with theater style seats) and the teacher was on a stage. She yelled at us that we weren't welcome in her class because we had cat fur on our clothes. I told her I'd rather be in the company of cats than a b*** like her and started to walk out. She picked up a jousting lance and charged at me. I suddenly found a shield and lance as well and beat the hell out of her. Then some candy fell on the floor in wrappers. I picked up a bunch of it and walked out. Wish I could remember more of that weird dream. LOL.

Fedex couldn't be bothered to bring our package from Lake Charles yesterday. Claimed they didn't have enough drivers and that we *might* get it today.

Not much to enjoy since it was a full work day. My son and I got all the vehicles started, charged all the batteries, pulled lots of weeds, fixed broken sprinkler lines from the stupid donkeys, repaired the roof flashing from the 80 MPH winds, bug poisoned everywhere, and flushed the water heater. We did find something unusual. We heard the sound of rushing water coming from the meter box. We opened it up and the city side (thankfully) water line was broken nearly in half. I'm thinking a donkey stepped on the box, pushing it downward into their aluminum piping. I called the water department, they were there in about 10 minutes, dug a hole big enough to crawl into, and fixed it up for us. Really nice guys, who were happy it broke inside my planter, rather than in the center of the street.

Latest posts

Back