What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We never leave our house unattended bc of the pets so no need to shut off the water while gone. But I'm sorely tempted to shut it off at night bc the damn float is jamming 2x a day now.

On the upside, my kitty (Boo) slept on Mom last night and was feeling better today. He let me give him meds easily, he groomed himself after I gave him fresh water, and he ate his favorite canned food. He didn't eat a lot of it, but even eating a little is progress. Mom is watching tv in the living room but Boo is on her bed on a blanket she set out for him. He loves the fuzzy blankets. He wants to eat alone in the bathroom with no other animals around, but he wants to drink in the kitchen. I set out a dish tub on the counter full of water bc the cats drink so much so quickly. So the tub solution works out and he wants to be near water all the time. Reminds me of our old cat A$$clown. He was obsessed with water in his older years. He would lounge next to the water bowl with his paw up on the rim and even sleep with his chin on the rim. I'd never seen a grown cat drink lying down before. Apparently its a sign of kidney disease.

I helped my friend move a couch, picked up boudin from Jewel's quick stop, picked up rx from the pharmacy, grabbed canned food for Boo, fed Boo and Mom, gave Boo his meds, & unjammed the float lever. I'm going to take a nap now.

Zanne that's one very hectic life you are leading. Here on the home front it's been hell for the last three nights. My in-laws are in Kyiv, Ukraine and my father-in-law is recovering from surgery in hospital. At least the lights and internet are still on. Thought and prayers to everyone over there.

Yikes. I hope your in-laws will be OK. Putin is such a scumbag. He wants Ukraine for the resources and has been trying to take it back for a very long time. As much as getting in to another war may suck, if we don't defend the Ukraine it will be like Carter failed to back the Shah of Iran and we'll have another Taliban on our hands. People displaced by Russia who get brainwashed to hate/blame the US for not protecting them. One of the things Russia does well is victimize and gaslight people. They invade and then control narrative to convince them that it was someone else's fault somehow.
Plus, Putin once firebombed a Russian school full of children who were hostages rather than even try to get them out safely. He has no concern for the lives of Ukranian children so the schools and civilian communities will et hit hard by him.

Mom just woke me from my nap wanting more food. I was trying to get out of bed, got left leg stuck and wrapped in a blanket that I couldn't seem to get off, a cat wouldn't get off the blanket on my right leg and every time I pushed him away to free my leg he kept climbing back on. Something rolled behind my back and it opened when I went to move it so my krill oil vitamins flew and spilled all over. I had to stop to clean them up. I hurt my back trying to sit up. I went to put my socks on, but somehow got my arm tangled in a blanket and lost my socks. Said f*** it and got up without socks.

Upside is that Boo was happy to see me and came in to be petted in the bathroom. He wanted me to pet him while he ate. I thought he was going to follow me out but he went back to the food. So I fed mom, took a naprosyn, and am sitting up in bed again. I will have to go check the float lever in a few minutes but waiting for naprosyn to help my back.

Blue Sky High, I am sorry to hear your in laws are stuck in the Ukraine. I just had shoulder surgery 2 days ago, and Ukraine was deep on my mind when deciding whether i should postpone this surgery or not. We are already receiving information that Litter Hitler is preparing to mess with California's power grid, which would cause us to collapse hard. I hope they are paying the cybersecurity folks unlimited overtime with keeping us safe.

Pray for our friends in Ukraine!

🇺🇸🇺🇦

Havasu, thanks for much for your prayers! I means a lot! They have lived there all their lives and probably would never leave even if we could get them out here to the US. Personally, I think the West has decided to trade Ukraine or the continued flow of Russian energy.

Havasu, thanks for much for your prayers! I means a lot! They have lived there all their lives and probably would never leave even if we could get them out here to the US. Personally, I think the West has decided to trade Ukraine or the continued flow of Russian energy.

We never had Ukraine to trade. IMO it’s none of our business.

Hypothetical situation.....

If Ronald Reagan allowed Texas to become a nation in the 80’s and Trump decided in 2016 that Texas IS NOT a nation but belongs to the US.......

Would we give a damn about what the world thought ? Nope, we’d take it back.

We need to stay out of it........

Of course that’s my opinion and I’m sorry you have have a personal connection to a horrible situation.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” But, yes, the east and the west are trading Ukraine for the continued flow of gas and oil. And thanks for your understanding that I am not able to remain unbiased on the topic. In any event I apologize for ever bringing it up this political mess here.

Last edited:
Americans think they can police the world. We can’t. Ukraine needs to fight their own war.

It's my in-laws wedding anniversary today and they are spending it in the basement of a hospital with armed guards at the door and the sound of bombs and missiles hitting. If NATO is required to respond I really hope they have the cajones to do the right thing.

You’re not on a plane yet to go help ?

There was a princess from I think the Netherlands that tried to talk FDR into intervening when Hitler was invading multiple countries & taking over. She kept telling him that eventually they would turn on the US. She compared it to a house fire. When her house caught on fire, her neighbors helped put it out. Not because they cared about her or her family, but because they were afraid the fire would spread to their house.

Putin *hates* the US. The more territory he claims and the more power he gains, he more he will be emboldened to attack more countries and take over and then attack us. Hitler should have been nipped in the bud a lot sooner but he wasn't and it led to a major world war. It's not about the US minding its own business, its about the US protecting our own interests and preventing a bad situation from getting worse.

Whether or not that involves troops or just sanctions, who knows. But at this point, I don't think sanctions are going to do squat. I really don't want us to get into another war, but we will have to see how things play out.

Yeah, let’s start a nuclear war now because Russia might keep advancing past Ukraine.......a place most Americans can’t even point to on a map.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Ukraine today, Sweden tomorrow, USA next week.

I doubt that. The next world war will be the end of it all.

Putin knows we don’t care about Ukraine that much because we don’t.

Im not willing to fight the Russians over land that they once owned at their border on the other side of the world. Let Europe take care of it for once.

Last edited:
Putin knows that we have enough nukes strategically placed to turn that side of the world into glass. They too have enough nukes to make us into glass. What really bothers me is that short, fat shithead in North Korea who is lobbing "look alike" warheads into the ocean, hoping someone will pull the trigger on some nukes. Why? Because that makes him king of the hill

I don’t like what Putin is doing. Let me be clear on that. I’m sorry the people of Ukraine are suffering.

Im just not willing to end the world over it or send Americans to die.

We need to cut him off all ways possible and isolate him. His own people will take care of the rest.

The world needs to stop buying his oil. We need to start our pipelines and drilling back to full production.

Back