What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havasu, it's been several months since my last checkup. It's hard to get in to see my doctor these days. That's why they sent me to the quackpot who prescribed meds that could have given me a heart attack. I was told it was not even remotely appropriate treatment for bronchitis and that it should never be given to someone with a heart condition as it can cause long QT. So, I'm not going back to the NP again.

I appreciate the well-wishes. Speaking of wells, the water thawed and is flowing again. I really need to get the Reflectix back up but its so cold out there the tape won't stick and the shed is metal. The magnets didn't work.

Felt a little bit better today. Fed the cats, went to the post office, picked up groceries for my friend (he's still testing positive for Covid and is still sick). I mentioned on other forums his crazy gf ran off on him to a guy she cheated on him with before. He found out bc the baby was playing with her phone and hit something that called my friend and my friend overheard the (now ex) gf and her side piece plotting to get my friend arrested for domestic violence. But he got smart enough to record her physically assaulting him earlier in the day and recorded the conversation where they were plotting to get him arrested. He called the cops, played the recordings for her, and put her stuff out on the porch. She tried to convince him to give her $. He told her to f*** off. He also said she's not taking the baby bc she's too mentally unstable.

Not sure what he'll do for childcare-- that's something I can't help with-- but hopefully things will work out. She's off her meds and its been documented by her therapist that she is a danger to others while off her meds.

I am always fighting a raging case of insomnia. In bed by 2200 and fast asleep in less than ten minutes. Up and wide awake at 2330 or 2345. Binge watching several episodes of "Criminal Minds" or "The Love Boat" doesn't help either.

Seriously, does anyone have a good OTC solution for this condition other than getting super silly on alcohol every evening? My doc prescribed Ambien which, although it works, turns me into a flippin' zombie for the rest of the following day. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!

Today, as always, I spent the day at work, working on my website (I work in the IT field). In the evening, as usual, I finish building my house, yesterday I just finished putting the sinks in the bathroom.

Blue, I have the same issue due to a torn bicep. Wakes me up screaming. Have you tried melatonin? It doesn't work for me, so I take a swig of night time cough syrup, which helps me quite a bit.

Blue, I have the same issue due to a torn bicep. Wakes me up screaming. Have you tried melatonin? It doesn't work for me, so I take a swig of night time cough syrup, which helps me quite a bit.
The cough syrup or cold meds helps a lot. NyQuil and the strongest stuff they make! Take care of that arm!

Cough syrup makes me jittery instead of helping me sleep. But then, I tend to sleep a lot anyway. Last night I had trouble though. Kept having arrhythmia that still doesn't want to go away. It's not as bad right now though.

I used to watch "Criminal Minds". Kinda went downhill toward the end.

Havasu, I hope your bicep heals quickly.

JamesC, great to hear you made progress on your house!

I'm still trying to get feeling well enough to do more and waiting for my friend to get over Covid so we can work on stuff together. My kitties have been with me offering purrs and warmth at least.

I made it back and did not go viral. I did however have to stop and layover in Salem Va because of the snow last week. Should have been home Sunday afternoon. Got home Monday afternoon

So, my next door neighbor with three little boys isn't the handiest guy around and plumbing far down the list of his skills...which is why he comes for a visit when something arises.
Yesterday, his disposal was "locked up". He wanted to know if I had the little wrench for it. Well, it's a GE unit, hardwired in, and if there is a shaft visible in which to turn it with the wrench, it's hidden behind the electrical box which must be removed on the bottom. Scratch that idea.

"Get me a big screwdriver and a flashlight" I say, and they are produced in moments. I removed the rubber splash shield, stick the screwdriver in and wiggle it all back and forth. Turn it on, and voila, it works...and a Lego comes flying out!. Quickly ran a bunch of water down the drain, replaced the splash shield and all was well.

Last spring he comes over, and asks me to look at his toilet; he suspects it's leaking. I bring a towel, a flashlight, and go and look. No leaking. Toilet is rock solid. tank to bowl, rock solid. I flush it repeatedly trying to force a leak--dry as a bone. I said, no leaks, it's fine. Turns out his young boys have, shall we say, very bad aim. He was seconds away from calling a plumber on that one.

I typed the reply I meant for this thread in the pics thread. LOL.

Need to go pick up a door and more cat food. But it's cold so I'm not budging just yet.

Last spring he comes over, and asks me to look at his toilet; he suspects it's leaking. I bring a towel, a flashlight, and go and look. No leaking. Toilet is rock solid. tank to bowl, rock solid. I flush it repeatedly trying to force a leak--dry as a bone. I said, no leaks, it's fine. Turns out his young boys have, shall we say, very bad aim. He was seconds away from calling a plumber on that one.
ROFL. The older I get the more I am certain that the ladies got it right in the first place! Fire, ready, aim!

Latest posts

Back