What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, that is *way* too cold. It used to rarely get below 40 here but last few years its been colder. If it gets below 50 I start to shiver. Spent far too much time in the tropics.

I went to Samsclub for groceries and then picked up the door from Lowes. They said it was the non-textured door, but it was wood textured. I don't care though. Brought it home and we hauled it in to the workshop. Will have to get it set up and painted later. But I'll need help bc its heavy.

I think I'm going to take a nap.

Today, as always, I spent the day at work, working on my website (I work in the IT field). In the evening, as usual, I finish building my house, yesterday I just finished putting the sinks in the bathroom.
I am extremely glad that electricity and water work perfectly, already today we started working with tiles in the bathroom.

Last edited:
I'm glad your electricity and water are working.

Glad mine are too. *knocks on wood*

Meds I dropped off with my friend helped him feel better. I'm still tired and was feeling sick this morning. All I did was pick up mail and sleep. My brother cooked red beans & rice. Well, I fed the kitties. Forgot one of my fat cats got locked in the pantry for a few hours, but she seemed OK when she came out. Probably had fun chasing mice around.
I helped my mother get H&R block software installed on her computer. Their setup was asinine and she spent 30min trying to figure out how to do it and was losing her temper. I got her to let me take a crack at it. Took 5 min for me to find the proper links and so forth (bc the idiots didn't include them and the instructions were too vague). But it is now installed and she's working on the taxes.

I helped my mother get H&R block software installed on her computer. Their setup was asinine and she spent 30min trying to figure out how to do it and was losing her temper. I got her to let me take a crack at it. Took 5 min for me to find the proper links and so forth (bc the idiots didn't include them and the instructions were too vague). But it is now installed and she's working on the taxes.
What's that saying about the only two things you can count on in this life? I need to figure out how to find a tax accountant as "capable" as the ones the elite in this country are able to find!

Ah, the ones that find you don't owe any taxes at all?

Feeling cruddy today. Friend landed in the ER for breathing problems but he's out now. Covid is gone but he has pneumonia. I dropped off food for him.

Threw up a little in the morning and plan to call the doctor again if I still feel cruddy. Not sure there is much he can do though. But I've been sick over 2 weeks now. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. :p

Ah, the ones that find you don't owe any taxes at all?

Feeling cruddy today. Friend landed in the ER for breathing problems but he's out now. Covid is gone but he has pneumonia. I dropped off food for him.

Threw up a little in the morning and plan to call the doctor again if I still feel cruddy. Not sure there is much he can do though. But I've been sick over 2 weeks now. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. :p
Omicron is causing stomach bug symptoms in our area. That’s what the Dr’s are saying anyway.

Maybe so but this virus isn’t natural. I believe it was engineered in China.
I'm almost sure it was, but I still think it preys on people with weak immune systems. I'm not trying to say one person is better than another, but our immune systems are definitely different. Geneolgy plays an important part of our health. Just like you doing plumbing coming in contact with all kinds of bacteria, not just touching but inhaling.

For me, the pandemic is over. Period. Masks and vaccines may mitigate any symptoms you may experience but they do not stop the spread of the disease. Some people will probably continue to mask up for the rest of their lives and that okay but don't tread on my ability to live my life as I want. Let's get on with life and back to normal.

For me, the pandemic is over. Period. Masks and vaccines may mitigate any symptoms you may experience but they do not stop the spread of the disease. Some people will probably continue to mask up for the rest of their lives and that okay but don't tread on my ability to live my life as I want. Let's get on with life and back to normal.

I’ve had 3 customers call and cancel until two weeks from now, they have Covid. The whole house......everyone that lives there.

Hard to get back to normal with so many people getting sick.

School was cancelled for a week because all the teachers were sick. Not enough substitutes.

A nurse friend of mine told me she thinks I may have had (or still have) Covid based on my symptoms and that I had a false negative from the test. The nurse who took the swab half-assed it and didn't do it according to protocols (swab throat and then go around in each nostril 5x). She did half a round barely inside each nostril and was done. Every time my friend had a Covid test there he tested negative but when he had the more thorough swab he tested positive. Although, this time he's negative but has pneumonia caused by the Covid.

I keep having a thing where I feel better and then worse again. Had bad splitting headaches last night and no energy today but don't feel awful- just tired and dizzy if I stand too long.

As an aside, a couple weeks ago I noticed that the toilet was no longer parallel to the wall. It looked like it was turning. At first I thought I was just imagining it or that it was always like that. But then it got to the point this week that one corner was touching the wall and I know it has moved. The good news is, today I pivoted it back in place so it is straight. The bad news is, I was able to pivot it back in place. The fact that it is pivoting is not a good sign. Repair flange is not holding to the floor but is allowing it to turn. It's over OSB. Going to have to repair subfloor, reinforce underneath, and add some luan on top I think. Then put a new flange that isn't broken on. The whole DWV system needs to be fixed anyway.

I’ve had 3 customers call and cancel until two weeks from now, they have Covid. The whole house......everyone that lives there.

Hard to get back to normal with so many people getting sick.

School was cancelled for a week because all the teachers were sick. Not enough substitutes.
I hear you and I was only speaking for my family and me. We've got to get back to the way it was now or maybe we never will. We will all eventually come up positive, if tested, much like we all get colds and the flu, but that's no reason to continue to mask up and boost up for the rest of our lives and don't get me started on the negative effects that some unions have had on our kids and the nation.

I for one am tired of wearing the masks that don't work. It is similar to standing behind a chain link fence as a way to protect you from a sprinkler getting you wet. I'll get off my soapbox now.

To keep with this thread, today I am going to go to the shooting range and release some frustration.

Samsclub was out of cat food. Ran out of cat food so I had to go to Walmart to get more. They have smaller bags than sams so it runs out faster. Still feeling tired. I slept until almost 5pm then got up and cleaned litterboxes. Mom is sick. She threw up last night and could barely eat today.

I had a hell of a day.

Pouring down rain.

Get to my moms house to do her electrical work for her new shower. I had to relocate the switch for the fan/light because it was reachable from the enclosure

It also wasn’t GFCI protected. So I pulled that feed back into the attic and connected with my new wire and installed them in a junction box.

I labeled on the box cover it was the shower light circuit with a sharpie.

This allowed me to install a GFCI plug at normal receptacle height then feed back up to the switch and have it all GFCI protected.

There was an unknown conductor existing and I determined it was the other baths shower and receptacles. It was not GFCI protected.

So I was able to protect all those receptacles and the other bathroom shower light.

That’s where the problem started. When I would add that branch wire it would trip my new GFCI.

I pulled every outlet downstream and found another branch. I disconnected that branch and everything worked.

We checked everything in the house and everything works. We have no idea where those wires go. There was some remodel work done a few years ago and it’s probably discontinued wiring that’s not properly terminated.

It’s disconnected now. That took a over an hour to track down.

Latest posts

Back