Shower not getting fully hot water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloppyjoe

Reaction score
Hello forums, first time posting and hope someone can fix my problem because I am stumped. I live in a two story home with a basement and this is where my hot water tank is located. I am getting hot water to all faucets in the house but one and its the master bath shower, it only gets warm in the full on hot setting. :mad: It is a Pfister single handle cartridge. Now,this is what has got me, I have replaced the cartridge with new one and it's still the same, just warm.:confused: The separate bath and both sinks in this room get hot as normal as well as the rest of the house.

Please help, wife likes hot, hot, hot showers and she aint happy.:(

There's usually some type of scald guard on the handle. It can be a little hickey you pull out and turn, or sometimes a screw that you tighten and loosen, take the handle off your valve and take a picture. It sounds like something simple.

Yes this has been going on for a month now. We use to get hot hot water and now this has started. Funny thing is I was telling my neighbor about it and he said this has been happening to him also.

Are you able to vary the flow coming out the shower head?

Nevermind you said its a single handle, so you would not be able to vary the flow of hot water

Last edited:
pp-singlehandle-tubshower-08series-2.gif

This may be different than yours, but try and play with the temperature stop, to get the handle to turn further toward hot side, and while the cover and temp stop is off, see if you can turn the valve without the stop in to see if you can even get hot water out.

pp-singlehandle-tubshower-08series-2.gif

This may be different than yours, but try and play with the temperature stop, to get the handle to turn further toward hot side, and while the cover and temp stop is off, see if you can turn the valve without the stop in to see if you can even get hot water out.

Just now reading this morning. Will try when I get home this afternoon. Keep in mind this is a brand new cartridge.

KnarlyCarl, thanks a bunch!! That was the fix.:) Now my wife is happy again.:D

Back