Bath Tub Faucet Leaks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icu222much

Reaction score
I have a bathtub in my home, built in 1992, that has a minor issue. Whenever I turn on any handle, water starts to leak from the cold water faucet about 15 minutes later. We use the bathtub twice a week, with the faucet running for about 10 minutes each time.

The leak is quite minor and doesn't bother us much, but I'm concerned it might indicate a bigger problem, such as potential rotting or other damage. Should I call a plumber to address this issue?

1.jpg2.jpg

That looks like a delta faucet they are pretty easy to fix, it's a stem and under that is a spring and rubber cap I believe but if your hesitant, call a licensed/insured plumber
It’s most definitely a Delta.

If I don't fix this, will this leak cause other issues (ie - cause damage to the bathtub or surrounding area)?

The cartridges and seals in Delta faucets are relatively easy to replace. I have Delta faucets in a duplex I own. I replaced all of the cartridges, springs and seals in them a year or so ago. They were over 15 years old and some were leaking or dripping. I have had best luck with genuine Delta parts. If all of your faucets are 30 years old, I would go ahead and replace them all. If you are the original owner of the house, defective parts should be covered by Delta's warranty.

Latest posts

Back