Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to check a house with a leak under the slab. She had a water heater installed two months ago 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They were real pros and used propress. 🤡
4892B48E-687F-4CDF-899C-FA8F2E5B4214.jpeg9902CD12-0CFF-4717-8F29-701495FFE0CB.jpeg

The old heater was shorter. They didn’t adjust the cold water, so it’s under stress and sitting directly on the top of the water heater.

That also caused the vent to be flat now. There’s absolutely no rise.

Expansion tank wasn’t even required, the system isn’t closed and the chief plumbing inspector isn’t requiring thermal expansion devices in a normally open system. It’s also hanging by the piping. So they wasted their money on that.

The drain pan drain is undersized. It’s 3/4” copper.

The cold hose is looped and touching the roof.

The hot water pipe is literally hanging by the stainless hose.

They left the original gate valve that was installed 40 yrs ago and now it doesn’t operate.

Pitiful job

OK I'll bite, what is the correct configuration if piped in parallel (correctly)?

The hot and cold piping would need to equally split between two identical heaters. Equal lengths of pipe and fittings. This configuration is satisfactory for domestic hot water.

Man, I haven't lived in a house with a floor register in 40 years. I still remember hollering through the vent to my sister in the basement below. LOL.

Glad you were able to fix it. That would have really annoyed me. I get annoyed when professionals don't do things right.

Glad you were able to fix it. That would have really annoyed me. I get annoyed when professionals don't do things right.

I do my complaining with a pen. I add $ to the invoice and smile.

These guys I was working behind are not professionals. They’re handymen that mostly do painting and light carpentry.

I think handymen built & renovated my house. LOL. I know a lot of the plumbing and wiring was done by people who were not pros.

Ooh, new circulating water pump! Is that for recirculating hot water?

I think handymen built & renovated my house. LOL. I know a lot of the plumbing and wiring was done by people who were not pros.

Ooh, new circulating water pump! Is that for recirculating hot water?

I’ve worked in a lot of homes where the husband did literally everything. Then he passed away and leaves his widow living in a hodgepodge mess. The widow is shocked when she hears a guestimate cost because she’s never had to pay anyone.

Yes, I’m preemptively replacing it for a customer. The customer just bought a 1.5 million townhome and is in the process of completely renovating it.

Just the interior painting is costing $40,000. I think it’s around 4,000sq ft. Full two story with elevator.

I could get use to living there, it’s nice.

Last edited:
Yeah, my dad was one of those guys who fixed everything he could and Mom was shocked when she found out how much it costs to hire people. My dad actually fixed most stuff right but the deadbeat tenants went behind him and screwed it up. Mom still wants me to try to do a lot of stuff my dad used to do bc the concept of paying a professional is so alien to her. The few times we hired pros she b***ed up a storm about how much it cost.

Man, if I had a 2 story house I would want an elevator.

Someone died in the apartment upstairs and the body decomposed snd ran down behind the apartment below shower.

AF2FE7F6-2C91-4E2E-AB62-AA147A7053AF.jpeg

Latest posts

Back