Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got that emergency call this Saturday morning. Tub won’t stop running and the house is on septic.

A little extra money for Christmas. 🤓

00933BB4-AD9E-49F6-B5FD-BACF4A579DE8.jpeg
Customer sent me the pic, I’m about to jump in the truck and head that way.

I’m on way back home. They gave me other crap to do. Another tub valve to rebuild and a lavatory clogged up.

I bought a case of those kits off EBay for cheap. I’ll look up how much

I paid $18 each with shipping and tax

I sell them for $58 plus tax

Old handles still look good, and are they satin nickel?
New buttons would be nice.
His overflow looks like crap.
Tub needs caulking like years ago.
Yes, it was satin nickel except for the tub spout. So I installed my chrome rebuild kit. It all matches now.

Ka Ching!

The valves work like new. I replaced the seats, stems and the trim. That’s all the working parts

I change the washers from the factory ones to some better quality Wolverine brass washers.

I need to take pics of my setup bc I need to figure out how to get different handles to work on my mom's shower/tub. Two handles but hot won't turn on. I pulled the valve stem and the damn thing is jammed. Can't seem to get it to turn. Couldn't find one in the store that was the same size. When we renovate we're going to a single handle (Moen Moenrol type) though.

Does brass hold up on houses with well water?

Attachments

• D00DE6AE-99BC-4326-866C-693B4E4D573D.jpeg
    D00DE6AE-99BC-4326-866C-693B4E4D573D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Yes Sir!
I couldn’t wait for the opportunity to try your box trick since you posted it in February. Worked great!
ED0894CF-EE80-4387-82B1-C3C1225896D5.jpeg
48827C8C-2F3C-4A27-939B-85FCF62E279D.jpeg
B2D85544-ED3A-43C8-B4BD-D75D5A2924EC.jpeg
I had to make a Home Depot trip for an expansion tank while it drained. The box trick was tricky in this corner but nothing I can’t get used to.

Man, Thank You so much Bro! 😁👍

I'm glad to see the box trick worked. That's very cool (even though it involves a heater). :D

Explain how that box trick works again.
I have the flu and my brain is mushier than usual.

Cut the box off the height of the platform the water heater is on.

Cut the box again and fill in the box to support it so it doesn’t collapse when you lay the water heater across it.

Set the box up a couple feet in front of the water heater and lay the heater off the platform onto the box.

Pull or rotate the box if needed and stand the water heater up allowing it to sit on the ground.

I also put the new one on the box and then stand the new one up on the platform.

Latest posts

Back