Project Scrambler

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the kiddy pool flares but they wont work in my situation, I ordered up some from Rugged ridge and one should be here next week and who knows on the others.

0902001329.jpg

0902001705.jpg

0902001648.jpg

Well today I made some rear seat mounts and installed the seat and seatbelts, Door handles, door panels, finished up the rear section of interior, painted the roll bar semigloss black and took both front seats out along with the center console and carpeted the driver and passenger floors and did alot of sweating. Boy am I glad it is supposed to cool down by 15 degrees tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I will be done with interior and can move on to the next part.

Here is my projress for the day, it's coming along nicely. Hopefully only another day or two and I will be done.

0906001517a.jpg

0906001516a.jpg

Looking Great! My 5yo is sitting here watching me and says that I need a cool jeep like that, and we need a huge pool too (in Havasu's av)... :D

I'm just not feelin' the shoes... are there not any 50% tread mudders on Craigslist? should be cheap since you are the one paying for all this...

Today and tomorrow are tire shopping days, I still have alot of work under the hood but yes it will definitly have new shoes before it goes home. 9mainly because I am scared to drive on those)

Haha... I had some Thornbird TSLs like that... one had a big gash in the sidewall that I filled with black silicone, and they were about 5 years old when the previous owner wrecked, then they sat for 7 years on my dad's back lot because no one ever came back for the jeep. My brother had them on a TJ for about 3 months, and I had them on my XJ for about 6 months... talk about about vibes!!!

OK I got alot done today, I never heard the thing run so well. I did take a break and sat in this... For those of you that know CA it's the 91 east in the afternoon.

0907001528b.jpg

OK I am just about done here what do you guys think?

That is so bad ass I had to quote the pics, just becasue they deserve to be seen again!

Dang... attachments... :( Oh well... the tires complete the package, but all you hard work CERTAINLY shines on that one!!!!

Really a great job. I hope he has set aside a nice bonus for your troubles!

He will probably just give me all the cocktails I can handle and then a hard time. I am officially done with it but it still needsd a little love. I finished up the tire carrier with thte tire and the license plate mount and light. His steering wheel is upside down but I just dont have the energy to pull the column tonight to get the room I need to flip the shaft but I don't think he will mind. Tomorrow I have to prepare for my wheeling trip and get my jeep ready. I hope you enjoyed Chris' crazy project channel and I am sure I will have another one next week.

Oh yeah it cost me $1134.00 to do what I did but I will likely recoupe about a hundred selling the rims that came with those tires. I also donated alot of stuff from my garage so who knows where I am really at.

Last edited:
So here is a little teaser of today. In a few weeks I may give out the links to were you can see more.

0125010935.jpg

Yeah his old one was red. He thinks a crooked cop has the old one either that or another crooked person. Who knows.

Back