Project Scrambler

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Well this is my project for the next who knows how long. I have to repaint, do the interior and some motor work so it will be fun. I will be doing something similar to what I did for my sister here.

My weekend project... - JeepForum.com

and here a couple pics of what I am starting with.

0802001907a.jpg

downsized_0802001907.jpg

OK...I am really impressed with the other build. Are you actually doing the painting in your garage? What type of paint set up do you have? Now, I can't wait to see the scrambler being done!

On the Cherokee I painted it in my RV parking but since then I have done all my painting in my garage but hate the prep and cleanup of it. I use a harbor freight gravity feed gun (Which are ok but you need to clean them really good everytime) and for the paint I usually buy tractor paint because of the durablilty and price, My paint guys can mix any color and do a great job every time. I have probably painted 15 cars now so I get a little better each time. I enjoy and do alot of these little projects I just like looking at the before and after shots. We are still up in the air on the color of the CJ because I still have enough of the same color but something new would also be sweet.

Well I didn't get anything done on it today but I did order the shifter part it needs and picked up a winch and winch plate.

0803001837.jpg

0803001838.jpg

Last edited:
He does alot of wood cutting in the forest so I think it could help out.

Wouldn't it just be easier to cut the wood smaller? :D

That takes all the fun out of it.:p

I forgot the rear picture so here goes it. Today it is moving into the garage for the tear down but I don't think I will get much done this week since I will be working on my BBQ. But I will try.

0804001042a.jpg

I forgot to mention that we have the full top that is on it and the half top that came factory (Covers the front two seats only) and the full soft top with soft doors and the Bikini top. Which one should I run while it is here?

Thanks I have alot of work ahead of me but I think it will turn out nice. It didn't make it in the garage today because the parts store didn't get the shifter part I need in so it is still stuck in reverse and I don't feel like messing with trying to push it.

Phish....Ol' Buddy....Why the slanderous attacks on me?

Have you ever seen such man boobs in your life? :D

If you want to see my manboobs you are gonna have to stop on by the club and pay for them.;)

Well now you can't say i didn't do anything today. I put the tranny back together and parked her in the garage and got the underside of the hood cleaned up and sprayed the first coat.

0806001506.jpg

0806001518.jpg

0806001554.jpg

Is the under hood painted or just elbow grease? Looks great!

BTW, resize down one on the pic...I can't reach the instant reply button!

I don't know why but when I use this stupid new cell phone camera it makes the pics huge. But it is paint the old stuff was covered in old glue from that felt stuff they put in there for sound or heat or whatever. I spent forever scraping and sanding and scrubbing to be able to paint it. I am not gonna do the whole motor comartment I will just scrub that but I wanted it to look nice when he popped the hood. I should have the whole thing painted sometime next week but I have alot of other prep to do before that.

Well today I tossed a new carb on the beast to find out I still had a bad gasket but now it idles and goes.

I believe it is the one at the bottom of the spacer below the carb. If I spray carb cleaner at that area while it is running it runs better but I have pulled it off twice now and the gasket looks good but I am going to replace both of them today.

Latest posts

Back