New Hobby

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, "gruff" is an older guy who has no problem grabbing some teenage dirtbag by the collar and dragging them out the front door, tossing them in the grass, pulling his shirt over to reveal the 44Mag in his belt and telling them that they better not ever insult their mother like that again.

Yeah like that, except adults were fair game. I guess curmudgeon would be a better word.

Next time I get a chance to go pound on it some more, I will try to get some pictures.

Not a lot to see, though. A chunk of grey steel when cool, red to orange when hot.

sounds like a good name for a bar... "The Gruff Curmudgeon"

The only drinks we will serve are Jamison's, PBR and tapwater. Our menu will be fried pickles, bar nuts and a grilled chicken salad with fresh romaine, spinach, shaved carrots, baby tomatoes, homemade garlic croutons and a nice light vineagarette....

I would think the only two things served are beer, and get the hell out.

I'm sorry Chris... in these trying economic times, we have ceased to offer PBR, and now are equipped to provide you with the freshest Big Flats Beer we could get (at Walgreens)... :)

Btw, I have some exciting (to me) things coming down the pike regarding knife stuff... :D I'm almost giddy right now... but y'all have to wait until I get some things sorted out before I really spill the marbles...

What's good? Big Flats? I havent tried it yet, but I was told it tastes like warm Old Milwalkee from the early 80's... ???

You guys are to funny. But then again I am easily amused.:)

I finally found the time to work on my forged Damascus knife project again yesterday.

As I was drawing the stock out on the side, some of my forge welds started delaminating. Had to go back and reweld much of the stock. But that went really well, and I am to the point of flattening the stock so that I can cut and fold it for the second time. Only 6 more folds to go before I have to start shaping the blade. Maybe another couple of years at the rate I am going.

What do you heat that up in to get it hot enough? Curious

Hey Brad.
I have a knife my Dad made back in 1950 thought you might like to see.
Well my Mother seems to think he made it. He marked the side of the blade "1950"

029.jpg

015.jpg

Latest posts

Back