Bought a new laptop

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go to Mt.Doom. Best mountain ever.

Actually, it was for Gollum. Ultimately he became the hero of the ring, even it was through his own personal misery and addiction.

I'm sure I've mentioned this, but I've read the trilogy many times and love the mythos of Tolkein. That includes the hypothetical morality plays like the truth of Gollum.

No, you haven't mentioned it.

I just finished the last of the three books for at least the 5th time. The Hobbit more times than that, Unfinished Tales 2 (or is it 3) times. I tried to read the Silmarillon once, but parts of it were just too dry. Time to try again.

I haven't read the Silmarillon yet.

I have a big heave tome with all the books of the trilogy in one complete with appendixes.

My reading the trilogy now means sitting down, opening to a random page, and just getting started.

I love it so much.

I haven't read the Silmarillon yet either. Tolkien really created a very interesting world. It had that element of just enough fantasy to be very intriguing but also enough drawn from the real world that the readers could relate.

I need to read the trilogy again. I haven't read them in years.

Actually, it was for Gollum. Ultimately he became the hero of the ring, even it was through his own personal misery and addiction.

I'm sure I've mentioned this, but I've read the trilogy many times and love the mythos of Tolkein. That includes the hypothetical morality plays like the truth of Gollum.

Actually, I would more say that it was a defeat for Gollum. He lived for his Precious, but in the end he was the instrument of it's destruction.

It was a victory for Smeagol. Even though he had lost control of his actions, in the end he managed to serve his master and help him accomplish the one task that Frodo was incapable of. He atoned for all of the treachery and murder that he had been guilty of, and his life finally had a purpose and a positive impact.

Actually, I would more say that it was a defeat for Gollum. He lived for his Precious, but in the end he was the instrument of it's destruction.

It was a victory for Smeagol. Even though he had lost control of his actions, in the end he managed to serve his master and help him accomplish the one task that Frodo was incapable of. He atoned for all of the treachery and murder that he had been guilty of, and his life finally had a purpose and a positive impact.

I concede. You nailed it. Want to start a talk about the LOTR thread?

What the frick are you guys talking about? :dunno:

I'm on the same page as you. What the heck is going on in here?

GTFO of our thread, you know nothing looosers.

Once you have learned to read and appreciate awesome literature, ask nicely, and we might let you back in.

:p:D

I like my nerdiness. It kept me active on Friday nights when everyone else was dating.

Latest posts

Back