What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I am going out to by a freezer for my deer. I hate Black Friday but it is one of my only days off.

Today I am going out to by a freezer for my deer. I hate Black Friday but it is one of my only days off.

I wish you luck. Please don't get run over by crazy shoppers!

I'm still trying to motivate myself to get out of bed and check my tire to see if its gone flat again. If I go into town at all today it will be to feed the abandoned cats at my friend's house.

Went to three different Home Depots in search of their $499 40" inch wide tool chests. Yep, all sold out. Also went out to buy one of those $60 6 1/2 foot Christmas trees and you guessed it, also sold out. IMHO, these are teasers, never had them, and only placed into the add to bait you to go to their store. I walked out of all 3 stores empty handed. I dislike unfair businesses.

Been working my butt off since Wednesday evening in my kitchen. All of the crappy old cabinets are in a pile outside, the old linoleum + 2 layers of vinyl tile are gone, Durock and 18" floor tile are in and grouted, some electrical renovation is roughed in, piping is ran for a new and bigger water heater, lower cabinets and most of the upper cabinets are installed, starting on a couple of cabinet returns and then the countertops in the morning.

I am tired, and I can't wait to go back to work.

Pics, we need pics,

Today I brought my other jeep home from my mountain house along with my fishing boat for the winter. Picked up my deer from the butcher and skinned the head getting it ready for a European mount.

image-2546488282.jpg

image-3559475376.jpg

Well, I did end up going into town more than once. I went in and fed the cats, then came home. Then my mother was trying to get up from her chair to go to bed. My brother was standing in front of her holding her hands to help her up but she fell backwards. He came and got me since she needed help getting up. She couldn't even sit up. I pulled her in to a sitting position and stood behind her to prop her up. Then we helped her in to a chair. She started saying that she wanted to just sleep on the floor and didn't want to try to get to her bed. There was no way I was going to let her lie there on the floor. She couldn't get up to go to the bathroom and just didn't have any strength. After checking her blood sugar and determining it was fine, we talked her in to going to the hospital (as the doctor recommended). So I called the ER and explained that we needed an ambulance since we could not get her out to the car by ourselves. They told me to call 911, so I did. About 25 minutes later the first responders got there and started talking to her. I explained what had been going on and that we checked her blood sugar. They could not get her blood pressure reading with their instruments so I brought my digital reader in. The first time it didn't work, but the second time it did.
About 10 minutes later the ambulance radioed them to say they couldn't get to the house because of mud. One of the guys sighed and said he would show them the way and left. So about 5 minutes later he returned with the ambulance following.
They couldn't fit the stretcher in the house so they put my mother in her computer chair and rolled her to the front door. They helped her out and on to the stretcher, loaded her up, and I rode along while my brother followed.
We sat in the ER for almost an hour before we were allowed to see her again. She had a CT scan and such done. A friend sent a message to my brother to say that his wife dropped her phone in our car so he went to return it.
I won't go into details on the unpleasantries of my mother and her need to have a bowel movement for 3 hours. We got there around 1:10am or so and she was moved to another room around 4:50 or so. They admitted her for observation and put her in a nice private room with little cabinets, a mirror, and sink.
The doctors said she has a bladder infection and sinus infection.
I've been keeping one of my aunts up to date on what is going on and she told me that both of her other sisters have Meniere's Disease and have had the same symptoms as my mother. We just learned that today and just informed the hospital staff so they can mention it to the doctor.
I went over and brought her a power strip for her cellphone charger and I brought her CPAP machine. She wasn't sleeping so she was happy to get that. I got it all set up for her and she was using it and falling asleep when I left.
I'm hoping they can get the infection cleared up and that she'll stop having the vertigo.
Meanwhile I'm back at home trying to warm up. I need to put something over my windows where the cold air comes in.

Wow, sorry to hear your dilemma today Zanne.

Today, I passed right by Chris's house and he didn't so much as throw me a piece of venison backstrap. I continued on and went to Vail Lake for a smoked turkey dinner with the G/F's family. Great time was had.

Mom is still in the hospital. She called me to complain that the nurses weren't bringing her water and she'd asked 3 times. She wanted me to go down there and do something about it. A couple minutes later she called to say "nevermind" because they finally brought her water.
Have to head into town now. Probably will bring her laptop to her to see if she can get any type of internet signal. If not maybe she can play games. I need to bring her mouse for her though.
I'm about to head out now. She's feeling a bit better at least.

This morning I drove out to Orange County for a meeting and have to pee like no other, I am not used to these parts if town where you can't just pull over and go.

Back