What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I went gator hunting was well before it was in any way legal. ;)

I have heard that the pres of our company has been into it over the past few years, but haven't ever asked him about it. Most of the times that I talk to him are when he needs connections or questions answered regarding service plumbing work.

phishfood, nice chicken coop! I used to raise chickens and I miss them. I need to find a way to safely remove the old chicken coop/brooder box my father built. We had over 50 chicks and my father built in a thing that had automatic water supply, warming lights, etc. It's in the barn which is not really safe to go into. Its going to collapse and we can't find anyone to come remove the dead tree from it. The guy who does tree removal stuff is offshore for awhile.

The gator story reminds me of something my late friend Cordell told me about. Back when he was younger he and his friends would go into the woods and find fishing holes and one day they were fishing and a gator happened to be in their fishing hole. It came after them so they shot it. They put it in the back of their truck and drove around with it. They stopped at a carhop and the waitress asked if they caught anything good. They told her to look in the back and when she did she screamed and ran. He decided to do the same thing at every carhop in town to scare a bunch of waitresses. Then they took the gator over to an old passed out drunk guy (a known alcoholic) and propped its mouth open with a stick. They put his arm in it and then started to throw stuff at him to wake him up. When he woke up and saw the gator my friend said the guy jumped to his feet without using his hands or arms and ran away and swore off drinking for awhile.

I got new liners put in some of the cabinets. I suck with anything adhesive so my friend taped some of the seams where things didn't fit. The sink is cleared out and I've been able to keep some dishes washed and my brother has been cooking for me. I still need to haul some more junk out. We burned a big pile of trash the other day and we need to burn more while it is still damp enough for the fire to not spread.

The process is slow, but we are making progress.

My mother, meanwhile, is having some bad side effects from some medicine she's taking. It makes her shake and the other day she fell down and it took over 5 minutes for my brother and I to help her up into a chair.

She's got a followup appointment with her doctor in a couple weeks and refused to go in any earlier.

I fell asleep at 7:30 pm and now it is 1:30 am and i am wide awake. Is it too early to go to work?

Yesterday I went into town to pick up a new prescription for my mother and on the way home she called and said "I've fallen and I can't get up". Now, bc she fell the other day I wasn't sure if she was kidding or not. I asked her "Are you serious or just joking?" At which point started the whole "Hello? Can you hear me?" part bc we hit the dead zone and then the call ended. My brother thought from her tone that she was joking.

So we got home and it turns out she wasn't. She was on the floor next to her bed and couldn't get up. She's morbidly obese so I can't get my arms around her to lift her up and her legs were sore from falling the other day. She doesn't walk or get any type of exercise so her legs are very weak now. We had to move some furniture and eventually I helped her get back on to her bed and my brother lifted her legs and got her back into a lying position.
She was exhausted so she took a nap. I called her doctor and talked to one of the nurses who told me that she should stop taking the medicine that makes her dizzy (although I'm worried it might not be the meds at this point). I had already suggested to her that she needed to stop taking it if it made her fall down.
Anyway, a few hours later my brother woke me up and told me she'd fallen again so this time I brought a chair from the kitchen to help. Her legs were even more sore. We helped her back to bed and I told her to call me if she needs to get up for any reason so I can come help. Our wireless phone system has an intercom so she can page me.

I'm thinking of going to the store while my brother watches her and get her a walker or something. I also need to install some grab bars in strategic places, but I think they have special mounting requirements.

I'm also thinking of trying to do some sort of therapy with her legs and get her to move them and strengthen them a bit. Like maybe I can move her legs and get her to press her foot against my hand/arm and I can put up some resistance to at least flex some of the muscles. She hardly ever stands or walks now. Ever since Cordell died and his wife moved away, she's gotten less and less active.

Meanwhile I've been trying to force myself to be a bit more active and have been trying to go for walks. I mentioned in another thread that my cow keeps thwarting me. She thinks it is a great fun game to charge at me and swing her head. She weighs about a ton and has large horns (I think I posted a pic of her once before but am not sure). I was putting out food for her and she approached from the wrong side of the trough and ended up pinning me up against the trough/fence for a few moments before I was able to get free. She really likes me and wants me to pet her and play with her but she is literally retarded. We're talking so retarded she didn't know how to nurse as a baby and had to be tube fed until they could teach her how to drink from a bottle.

I'm sorry to read about your mother Zanne. That's a hard situation to be in.

I hate to tell you something bad that you probably already know, but that cow has to go. I have been around cows a lot in my life, and once they start going after you unprovoked, you are in danger. Especially if they have horns. I have tried curing a few snotty ones with a shovel or 2 x 4 between the ears, but it usually doesn't work. They just try to waylay you when you are not looking.

Today I am going to keep digging and trying to please the super and his undoable schedule.

I doubt it. Chris is the only boss I know who digs to begin with.

Havasu, Thank you. Today I went to look at walkers and I tried to talk to her doctor but he's out of town until Monday. One of the places loaned us a walker for her to try. Good thing I didn't just buy one bc she hates it. Our doorways are too narrow and it wobbles side to side too much in the front. I think she needs practice, but she didn't like it so I'm taking it back tomorrow.

Phishfood, the cow is not actually trying to run me over and she generally stops short and doesn't actually hit me. She likes to hop up and down and charge over to play and then stops a few inches away, but the problem comes when she doesn't realize she has horns and she turns her head and bumps me. She's accidentally knocked me down before. She wants to rub her forehead against me and nuzzle me but she lacks awareness of her horns. If I throw my arms in the air and make noises sometimes she'll back up or stop immediately. Once I fix the fence where the horse broke through I shouldn't have to worry about her bothering me in the wrong yard though. Her daughter isn't a problem at all though. She has no horns and is shy.

Latest posts

Back