What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I got to sleep in today though. It's parent teacher conference day so I didn't have to wake up at 5:30 to get my Daughter ready for school.

I got to sleep in as well. Unfortunately damn woman wouldn't leave me alone. Wasn't yesterday the first day of the month?

I got to sleep in today as well, I took the day off to get paperwork done and run errands. If I weren't sitting here waiting on a 10am delivery of paperwork I could get more stuff done.

I just found out my cousin just sold his Lake Arrowhead house, about 3 hours after he decided to take it off the market. Oops, next time maybe he will be more prompt.

In between seasons. Maybe some fishing.

I am gearing up for this big job I will be on.

Signing papers on a warehouse today. Time to move this business out of my house and numerous storage units.

Funny you ask, the last tenants built a bar in there so it already has one. I may tear it out but may not.

I haven't had coffee in years. I can't have caffeine-- but I don't stay awake all day.

I've been busy being unproductive the past few days. Went to a friend's house Sunday night and his 4-year old bugged the hell on me-- climbing on me and hitting me in the arm every time he wanted attention. I was ready to choke the kid by the end of the day. Makes me want to go out and have all of my reproductive organs removed so there is no chance of ever having children. He kept trying to grab my laptop and wanted to play with my phone and I had to keep telling him "no" and his parents kept telling him to stop it but every time they turned their backs he was being annoying again. I was so relieved when they sent him to bed.

Monday I went over later in the day and I thought he wasn't there because it was quiet-- until he started opening his bedroom door and loudly crying to try to get attention. Apparently he punched some kids at school and was being punished. But he wouldn't just sit in his room quietly like he was supposed to and he kept opening the door and making noise. My friend would tell him to be quiet and stop opening the door, then he'd shut the door. The kid was allowed to come out to go to the bathroom and he would leave his door open and make noise. He mostly started acting up late in the evening and was really a brat when his mother got home. He came out of his room without permission and wouldn't go back in when told. Then he started screaming and banging on things and having a tantrum when my friend put him back in his room and shut the door. The mother then went in 2 minutes later and brought the kid out to eat (the kid had refused food earlier). So he ate and was sent to bed, and then I happened to see him out of his room coming back out of the kitchen standing in the doorway and not going to bed. He was yelled at to go back to bed and then he cried very loudly to try to get attention, but was ignored bc it just encourages that behavior. Apparently having to spend a few hours in his room worked bc the next day he didn't pull any crap at school.

Tuesday the kid got a smiley face sticker because he did NOT punch the kid that wrote on his forehead in marker. He was much better behaved. So I let the kid sit on my lap for a bit and let him pick which creatures I was going to attack in my video game. He got to socialize with people and then got chicken nuggets for dinner (he's a very picky eater). My friend made him eat at the table while we all ate so I got to eat in peace. But I have little patience for children and was glad when it was his bedtime.

We also tried to get a new used couch for my friend since my brother broke the old one (accidentally bc he's too heavy). Almost had one but it was pouring rain and when we called the seller to ask if he could postpone til the next day when it was dry he started screaming and swearing at us so we told him to go ahead and sell to someone else if he was going to have that attitude.

Today we went up to search for couches at flea markets and goodwill and stuff. Most of the places were closed. Went into Silver Dollar Pawn from the Cajun Pawn Stars show. I'd met the owner once when he brought his donkeys over for donkey basketball about 20 years ago or so. Seems like they spend all their money on decorating the place and don't give a crap about customer service. So I left rather quickly and went to my favorite restaurant. Thai food. Their buffet was just closing and the owner knows how much my mother loves the green beans so she had the entire bin of it put on a plate for us (it was going to be thrown out otherwise).

Oh yeah, I also had the joy of having 2 passengers trying to tell me how to drive and both giving conflicting instructions. Like my mother screaming "GO GO GO!" and my brother calling me a moron bc I started to go but then saw there was a car stopped in front of me. And then one of them telling me to turn right while the other saying left and them both not noticing the arrows on the street and being complete idiots. So my neck and shoulder muscles are still all tensed up. At least my mother apologized for telling me to go and not realizing a car was in front of me. I hate driving. People kept stopping to turn without indicators, going way under speed limit, and/or riding my tail and not slowing down even when I put on my indicator.

Despite the wasted trip-- other than Thai food, I actually had a pretty good day.

Gonna try to find a couch maybe tomorrow or the next day. And now I'm going to eat the leftover Thai food. I wasn't finished eating when my mother wanted to leave.

I'm headed up to Lake Arrowhead today, and I'm not going to do a thing except relax.

Yeah, I know, what's different than the other days?

Today was more productive than yesterday. Although I had fun with traffic. On my way in I got stuck behind a logging truck that was hogging the road (driving down the middle) so I couldn't pass while going more than 10 miles under speed limit. He nearly hit someone head on who was in the oncoming lane because he took his sweet time getting back in to the right lane. Once the car passed I took the opportunity to pass him. He went from a 35mph road to a 55mph road but did not increase his speed one iota, so I easily outpaced him. Unfortunately while on the next 55mph road I got stuck behind a guy driving a tractor on the road at less than 20mph. There were cars in the oncoming lane and a long line of cars stuck behind the jackass. I was having a bit of road rage wishing the guy could hear me telling him to pull the f- over and get off the road so people could pass. It wasn't even legal for him to be driving on that road in that tractor. He had plenty of space to pull over. I finally hit a turn lane and was able to get out from behind him. But on my way to my friend's house another tractor backed out of a driveway right in front of me and then started driving down the road for about 20 feet and I had to wait for THAT moron to move out of my way. If it hadn't been for the previous two vehicles, I wouldn't have cared so much.

Anyhoo, long story short, we found a really cool sofa set that was relatively new and in great shape. We paid for it and will pick it up tomorrow (the place was about to close). The guy said he'd have it professionally cleaned if we wanted and he'd throw in some extra pillows and stuff.

Since my friend quit his job (he had one too many abusive customers screaming at him on the phone and he just couldn't take it anymore) he will have some free time to help me fix up a few things at my house. If we can find some flooring cheaply enough we are going to tear out the carpet in the hallway and replace it with either wood or some sort of laminate flooring that snaps together. Then I'm going to modify the unused space under the water heater to be a storage area. I might even rope him in to helping me with the bathroom floor project, but I want to take things one step at a time.

I'm exhausted, but in a good mood.

So much for my thought of relaxation on my Arrowhead trip. I replaced light bulbs in 20' ceilings, opened old safes, fixed a Range Rover, fixed a Rhino ORV, built custom rodent proof dryer vent screens, mouse proofed cabinets, primed and painted bathroom cabinets, swept pine needles, adjusted electrical timers, insulated sprinkler boxes, insulated backflow valves...and much more. Never trust a relative who invites you to "just relax" at his home.

See I would be just relaxing, but then I don't mind dirty looks.

Back