What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one yesterday. It was OK.

Today I'm burning out some steel drums and punching holes in them so I can start burning the brush in my yard.

The cabinet contractor didn't bother showing up, so we didn't get to watch him being skewered. Mfer deserves it too, they are holding up progress in a major way. They do it on every job, I don't know how they ever get awarded contracts.

Yesterday I went to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday and looked at flooring for the hallway. I'm hoping to find some inexpensive engineered stuff that clicks together easily. There were some neat underlayment things and the lumber surplus store had a demonstration thing with a golf ball that showed the difference in the sound of the noise muffling underlayment vs standard.

Still not sure what to go with. My mother has to like the look and she didn't like anything really.

The hallway is a little less than 4' wide and is about 20' long. We have parquet wood floors in the kitchen but its in pretty bad shape.

I don't even know which brands are good and whether wood or engineered would be better. I'm worried that laminate would get ruined too easily.

Today I took painkillers and curled up and slept. Fed the kitties at my friend's house. The cat that was pregnant is no longer pregnant but I don't know if she miscarried or gave birth. She wasn't too large and she doesn't seem to be full of milk but she might have been nursing. If she had any kittens she maybe had one or two. She was ecstatic to see me.

Sitting at the DMV since I forgot about one of my work trucks, I am two days late and my registration went from 450 to 650. I love California

I drove home to pick up more paint, interior doors and a saw. Also have a friend of a friend who is coming out to Lake Havasu to see my place. If he likes it, it is sold.

I am sitting at my bar bbqing in the rain sipping a draft beer. Life is good for a moment.

3:40 am and I have been up for an hour now, what is wrong with me? I don't have to be at the office til 8.

I took painkillers and slept all day.
Yesterday was busy. I left fairly early to take some friends to Sams club about an hour away (its the nearest one). They insisted on bringing their baby, which was annoying bc she cried and carried on. Then she wanted a giant stuffed toy-- she climbed into a box full of stuffed toys and screamed anytime someone tried to take her out. I finally picked her up and handed her to my friend. Then my brother decided to sit down and not get up so we wasted about 30 min of me trying to get people to move so we could check out and leave. I hate shopping.

So we got back and unloaded the groceries and my friend's wife said she needed to run to walmart to get one thing (having dealt with my mother, I should have realized that this was a trap and its never just one thing). She insisted on bringing her super annoying 4-year old. I tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted and I didn't want to be rude (despite the fact that I was doing the driving). The kid started asking what everything was and then kept asking for stuff and being told no. She let him drink a thing of juice and put the empty container in the cart so she'd remember to pay for it. Then the kid had to pee. She decided since she got the baby a toy she needed to get the kid one too so she went back to toys and he couldn't make up his mind what he wanted so it took awhile and then he had to pee again. So then she goes and looks at underwear for him and after him saying he wanted something and not what she wanted to get him (of course he wanted the most expensive thing there). She got him the cheap ones and he had to pee again.
So then she finally got the one thing that she told me she needed to get (after I'd been hinting for like 30 min that we needed to just hurry up and go).
The checkout line was long by the time we got up so we ended up being in the store for 2 hours. So then we get to the car and the kid has to pee again. We were putting frozen stuff in the cooler and the kid pissed himself. So then she had to go take him inside and clean him up and I had to finish putting groceries in and set up something for him to sit on so he wouldn't get pee on the seat.
Just as I was about to leave my mother called wanting to know why I hadn't come home yet and brought her food and she yells and hangs up. Then she refused to answer when I called back.

So I eventually got home and gave her the food I picked up for her but she pretty much said that I can no longer use her car to take the friend to the store bc she was very pissed off about how long it took. I was a bit miffed too. Did I mention that I hate shopping? Ugh.

I went out yesterday trying to locate inexpensive "oil rubbed bronze" faucets for my two bathrooms. Bottom line is that they don't exist. Why is it you can get chrome plated, gold plated, brass plated, or silver plated faucets for under $40, but the first mention of an "oil rubbed bronze" faucet, the price doubles! I guess it is all about supply and demand, because I know it is cheaper to make the painted dark color, but in my opinion look much nicer.

Today I will be leaving for hunting. Gonna sit in the woods until I shoot something or freeze to death.

Fighting with my bank this morning, they recently were bought by another bank which sent out offers to pay 100 towards new checks for business accounts, I have three business checking accounts. I order my checks through their company and then get a call saying that they will only pay for one account. On my desk I have three mailed to me coupons for the discount with each account number written on them. I emailed them back to let them know I have three valid offers and if they are not honored then I will be looking elsewhere for my banking needs. Lets see where this goes?

Latest posts

Back