What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's OK. After doing all the work, I knew he would not pay me, but would take me to dinner. I chose a real nice restaurant, as nice as would allow me to enter with just shorts on, and ordered a nice Shrimp Scampi appetizer, a fillet of sole main course, and even a specialty cup of coffee afterwards.

Today I am doing absolutely nothing, and back to being bored...

I'll get pics tomorrow. I went to a country themed party and I fit right in, I'm worried.

Helped my friend move furniture yesterday to get the new couch in. The guy at the flea market still had the original receipt (his daughter bought it). $3200 set and he sold it for $300. He had it professionally cleaned before my friend picked it up.
I renewed my driver's license on Friday. It would have expired on Monday. For once the people at the DMV were being very nice (but it was about 5 min til closing so they were about to go home).

My friend got his water bill and it was over $100, but he doesn't use that much water AND they can't even find his meter. There was a break in the water line BEFORE the meter and after over a week of not fixing it they finally got around to it and they buried his meter under hard clay. How the hell can they tell what usage is? Or are they guestimating and charging him for it? I think he should fight it.

His average water bill around 6 months ago was $16 a month but then they added some thing where they tacked on a sewage bill. Now, they don't measure how much sewage goes down so the way they estimate it is based on how much water was used. So even if someone is washing their car in the driveway or watering plants it adds up the sewage bill. So his bill went to $40 and then it went to $60 and this month they charged him over $100. He doesn't even use that much water and they can't even see his meter from the 1960s (they haven't installed an updated one) now that they buried it completely. So I don't know how they are supposedly calculating it all, but I suspect they are ripping him off.

Anyone have advice I can give him to fight the bill? Other people in town are even saying that the over $100 is crazy.

Meanwhile, I've been lazy and resting today.

Have him ask the water company what the reading was? Does it say how many gallons or cubic feet he used?

Lucky, I am just about out of homebrew after hosting a couple parties. If it weren't for having to do some shopping for my new shop and then BBQ'ing maybe I could brew.

I don't remember most of my day. I napped, gave dogs their heartworm meds, gave other dog her thyroid meds, cleaned up after cats, fed cats, went over to my friend's house to check on things and feed the cats, came home and took another nap... Probably going to play some world of warcraft in a bit.

Today I am meeting with my city to volunteer my company to help revamp the parks here in town. They were closed a year or two ago due to a tax hike failing so they somehow figured out how to pay for them.

Today I am mailing my Colorado deer tag back to them for a refund, it is a hard thing to do.

Today I found the smellin my car. My wife lest the windows down, it rained, and it made it's way under my matt.

The entire car smells horrible.

Today I met with the city to volunteer to help with replanting the parks and they were less than interested in my company helping but just wanted a $5,000.00 donation.

Back