What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend was released from the hospital and the girlfriend asked me to come over to help out a little. At first she wanted me to sit with him while she went to the store, but then the plan changed to his father sitting with him while I took her to the store. He's on a liquid diet, so I helped her find stuff for him to eat and gave her moral support.

His 2-year-old daughter was totally oblivious to his injuries and was more interested in playing with the kitten (the kitten likes to run under things and hide and then come running out and leap on her and chases her around while she giggles). I showed her a video of newborn kitties and she said "kitties! Aww, so cute!" At one point the kitten tried to climb on his face and he was defenseless, so I pulled the kitten off of him.

I hung out with my friend for awhile, but he's really tired. I had to get home to feed Mom. So now my brother is over there visiting him. His girlfriend only told a few select people that he's home because she didn't want him to be bombarded with visitors. When she did announce it, she said she didn't want people coming over until a certain time because he needed to bathe and rest.

Last edited:
I wonder how viable reclaimed water will be if its water that you already used from your sink. I mean, if you pay for the water and then set something up to recycle it-- so long as it meets proper sanitation-- I wonder if the state can try to claim that they own it when you already paid for it.

I concur with the deck idea. Before my father died, we wanted to build a deck around our jacuzzi. Now the poor thing is just falling apart and the cow managed to crap in it.

LOL>>>>>WATER rationing KISS MY -----

now you gotta build a deck,

Not rationed yet. Chris is just stock piling. He'll use it later when they start shutting off the water main to his neighborhood.

I actually store up some tap water in empty Lipton tea bottles just in case. I use some of it to refill water bowls for the cats so I won't have to make as many trips to the sink.

What is the capacity on that water heater, Mr_David?

100 gallons 270,000 Btu's

This is the one that it replaced

036.jpg

Last edited:
Found out today I'll be having surgery to correct my hip impingement in less than a month. I'll be off work for 8-10 weeks so I'm counting on you guys to keep my mind sharp on here since I won't be in the service truck!

I took my injured friend to his doctor's appointment so he could get an assessment of how his spine is doing and get some more pain meds because the stuff he has isn't cutting it. Waited over an hour after the time his appointment was supposed to be before they even called him in to go into the back and wait to see the doctor.

People were staring at him because he has his whole left arm in a cast, has a neck brace on, but mostly it was the subconjunctival hemorrhage (the whites of his eyes are red). One of the doctors actually took a step back when he saw his eyes. They said in addition to the visible injuries, he also had a bruised lung. The C7 vertabra fracture is on the left side and they said it should heal on its own. I picked up some takeout Thai food and he wanted some soft tacos from Taco Bell. Got home and ate and then tried to nap but my brother woke me up because he wanted me to go to the store and buy him some Mucinex. So, now I'm back home trying to rest again. I think I'm coming down with a cold or flu again. Hopefully its just fatigue from worrying about my friend and running around playing chauffeur.

Found out today I'll be having surgery to correct my hip impingement in less than a month. I'll be off work for 8-10 weeks so I'm counting on you guys to keep my mind sharp on here since I won't be in the service truck!

when you wake up after surgery, you will have a giggle button in your hand.

just push that button every 15 minutes, and you will not give a darn about your service truck..

So Matt, are you getting a full hip replacement?

Nah, just fixing up what's there. There's a growth on the ball part of my leg that's in the socket. So picture trying to spin an oval inside a circle. They're gonna pop it out, shave it down and fix up the torn carteledge and stuff. After a year and a half of suffering, they called yesterday because someone else cancelled. Canada is great and all, but the wait times are atrocious!

Latest posts

Back