"The official uniquely randomized designed thread"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replaced a head gasket on a '81 Nissan truck once. Wasn't to difficult.
The book said be careful and Do Not drop the timing chain or you will have to pull the chain cover to reinstall it. I Dropped it. #^%#%#.

I recently made contact with some of my old shipmates from the Navy days back in the Late 70's.
I've been hangin out on Facebook swappin old stories and good times.

Here is one link to a place me and my best steaming buddy went Scuba diving. It was "The Grotto" in Saipan, a small Island near Guam.
The coolest place I have ever dove.
By the way. I used to Scuba alot before my wetsuit shrank (twice) Then I got married.
My buddy Jack sent me this link so I thought I'd share it with you.
There are 3 underwater caves that go out into the ocean from the grotto.
Once you've made it to the ocean side you are about 60 ft deep.
You can see the waves smashing on the cliff walls above.
You do not want to have to surface on the ocean side. cliffs go staight up 150 + ft and no way up.

The Grotto, Saipan Micronesia

Those are some great photos Dave. I've been a certified diver for years, but I believe I would never attempt that myself. Looks scary!

I'll make you a deal Otah....When Chris sells me the diesel truck for $4k, I'll let you buy his V-10 truck for $14k! It will be a win-win for us, and a win for Chris as well.

One of the guys I work with has been following along with my knifemaking and kept telling me about this damascus dagger that he got back in the 80's while working for Snap-On. He finally found it and brought it for me to see today... WOW! What a beauty!

They told him it was a "~$1600 value" knife, but he has no idea and has NO intentions of selling it...

He said since he has had it, I am the only person other than him to handle it, and this is only the 3rd time it has been out of its display case!

2011-02-23%2009.03.05.jpg

2011-02-23%2009.03.46.jpg

2011-02-23%2009.04.03.jpg

2011-02-23%2009.03.18.jpg

I would never pay $1,500 for a knife, but a lot of my knives are priceless to me, so....

If that is double edged, it better be left in a box. The mere possession of it on a person in Califonia will get you two years in prison.

Some research showed that original value was around $750, current values are in the $100-300 range...

Yes its double-edged, and Yes it stays in the box...

Cali... How come the most beautiful places are always filled with (or run by) morons...

If that is double edged, it better be left in a box. The mere possession of it on a person in Califonia will get you two years in prison.

I've never understood that. I get spring loaded, I get huge knives, but why double sided? Most of the time the attackers get hurt, or at least that's what I've heard.

If there was a high demand for morons, we could get rich selling them to other states.

You guys are going to have to do something. Morons might end up working out for you if you can market them correctly.

I've never understood that. I get spring loaded, I get huge knives, but why double sided? Most of the time the attackers get hurt, or at least that's what I've heard.

Spring loaded, butterfly knives, dirks/daggers (two sharp edges), along with throwing stars, are all illegal to possess in California. You are better off packing a loaded gun than a dirk/dagger, which never made sense to me!

Although I live at least 5 miles from the NHRA dragstrip in Pomona, today they are beginning racing. Every five minutes, I can hear the top fuelers running down the strip, and my windows vibrate from the sound. I wish I was there, sucking down some of those $11 cups of beer!

You have posted pictures of your friends knife in the wrong thread.
That sure is a nice point and this is a pointless topic thread.:D

I just educated myself on Damascus steel.
Sort of. I watched a 3 Youtube videos.
Very cool. Saw one where they made the steel from chainsaw chains.
Very nice result.

Back