"The official uniquely randomized designed thread"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I outboarded my springs today and stretched the front three inches, what a pain in the ass.

Spring mount2.jpg

spring mount3.jpg

Last edited:
No I never said I enjoyed it. Just think I could be inside with the air on relaxing having a cocktail watching some TV or I can be out in the garage sweating in 105 degree weather while grinding and welding and burning myself everywhere. I do actually enjoy this work in November.

I can't wait til this project is done. Once it is I will be gutting my garage and getting rid of a lot of stuff and putting up noce cabinets and then no more big projects.

I'll get one later today. It is just a small Centry 120 Mig welder. I have my electrician buddy coming by in two weeks to repower my garage and give me a 220 plug and a few 110 dedicated curcuits.

So I got the front axle in this morning. What do you think? Now on to steering and everything else I have left.

jeep axles in1.jpg

Jeep axles in.jpg

All I can say is I wish I would have found a Ford D60 for the front. Nobody makes anything for the Dodge axle. I need to figure out some sort of steering since they don't make a high steer kit and I am nervous about making my own. Maybe cross steering?

Tie a rope from the wooden axle into the cab. This always worked in the box cars I made for the kids. :)

So she fired up today and purred like a kitten. That is by far the manliest jeep I have ever heard.

I don't like leaving for work at 4 am and getting home at 10 pm. That is all.

Latest posts

Back