The Greatest thing ever invented.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was driving back to the farm with a load of corn and i smelled and saw smoke. This truck had been leaking coolant so i thought it had overheated.

Pulled over and raised the hood and didn't see anything wrong, called the boss and told him the truck broke down. About 30 seconds after that one of the hydraulic hoses started pouring out smoke as thick as you can believe and right after i got the extinguisher it burst into flames.

Turns out what it was, the pos battery cable (about 2/0 hooked to FOUR group 31 batteries...) had been laying on the frame all these years and the insulation finally wore through. The initial smoke i saw was the engine-chassis ground frying. After that the cable must have lost the ground where it was laying on the frame.

After i raised the hood and got back in the truck it must have moved back, and all the power didn't have anywhere to go, so it turned the steel braided steering hose into a ground cable. The smoke was the rubber burning off as it got hot enough to ignite the oil in the line.

Thankfully, not much was damaged and i saved the truck. It needs a few wires, 2 cables, 2 or 3 hoses and 2 plastic lines to the air compressor.

I spent 2 extinguishers and started throwing dirt on it til someone brought me a wrench to get the batteries unhooked.

All in all, that's enough excitement to last me a while... :D

I was busy at the time... :D

They said if it wasn't for that rebuilt Cummins, i should have waited til it was going good then call the FD... :laugh:

You caught me Mark... i used 4 9V's to start an 855 Cummins... :D

It may sound like over kill, but you should hear the thing wheel over... :D

It's probably close to 4500 cranking amps available...

OPK in reference to the thread topic I went out the other day and ordered the Double down from KFC and all I gotta say is GROSS, it was like eating a really greasy chicken nugget with a burnt piece of bacon in the middle and some mayo. It would have tasted ten times better with a bun lettuce and tomatoe. I give it a thumbs downs for both presentation and flavor. and it was about half the size it should have been.

154 post and the determination is grossness? I don't believe it. The debate continues!

We need someone else to try it, maybe I will give it another shot from a different store but chances are not.

Sorry, I'm on a diet! I even said that before and after I had one of those 1/2 pound mushroom/swiss burger and french fries, with a piece of French Apple pie on the side from Marie Calender's Restaurant last night! Yummy!

I'd try it, but as we speak I am experiencing some horrible stomach bug, but after that I'd be happy to mess myself back up.

Latest posts

Back