Anode bolt rounded

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbe bolt is recessed below the top of the water tank, I'd have to remove the top to access the bolt
No ..... not at all. The carbide burrs come in a variety of lengths and end configurations. I have dozens that would extend into the opening.

But .. at this point the best suggestion would be for you to leave it alone and wait until the unit fails and then have "someone" replace.
bit.jpg

No ..... not at all. The carbide burrs come in a variety of lengths and end configurations. I have dozens that would extend into the opening.

But .. at this point the best suggestion would be for you to leave it alone and wait until the unit fails and then have "someone" replace.
View attachment 44761
I misunderstood, I thought you were suggesting to cut new flat edges on the bolt with a grinder. I'm not familiar with those burrs. Look like something to be used in a drill press but for this would you put it in a router?

I misunderstood, I thought you were suggesting to cut new flat edges on the bolt with a grinder. I'm not familiar with those burrs. Look like something to be used in a drill press but for this would you put it in a router?
I've used them before, I've put them in a drill. I'd think it would be hard to guide with a router. Maybe a rotozip. Let's see what Sarge says.
I think to get a good 6 point would be very difficult. Butbthats just me.

Last edited:
I’d go all in and buy a welding machine from Harbo Freight or EBay and weld a nut on the anode. The heat will help break it free.

I’d also Sprinkle the heater with chicken blood. Please don’t ask…….

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back