A little bit of my job..

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will Watch.. Led are energy saving..much people use these here..

That is an Air Admittance Valve (AAV) here, I think. They are not allowed in Louisiana and some other states are starting to ban them as well.

I think its because of the failure, as phishfood mentioned. There is also the fact that the air pressure must be balanced and the air admittance valves are only activated by negative pressure. So if there is too much positive pressure, they will not help, but they can be used in conjunction with Positive Air Pressure Attenuator.

My guess is that there were too many failures because people installed inferior quality parts. Allegedly they are supposed to last 20 or 30 years.

Nice point of view.. But are there a particolar rules that not allow this installation?

Nice point of view.. But are there a particolar rules that not allow this installation?

The Louisiana State Plumbing Code prohibits the use of them. I think most other states allow them though.

Hi Phish.. For fortune I succeeded to clean the pipe.. In this case the fortune was with me..

Yes.. It's true.. But we make this job also as service for other plumbers.. They call us, we make a videoinspection,we clean it, but if there are need to dig, change the pipes,this work will make by the plumber that has called us..

I'm glad that you were able to clean those roots out of the pipes.

Is that some sort of concrete that was put on the wall around the pipes? What are the green parts? I think the red is tape?

Hi mate! The Grey parts are those who here we call "malta".. It is a mix of lime, concrete, sand and water.. The copper, it is heating.. It's an old type of heating that in italy was use much years ago called " monotubo".. The "c" it's a connection that I have done for have the possibility of charge the boiler.. (in this way the homeowner can use heating and warm water).. The red parts are tape... :)

Latest posts

Back