A little bit of my job..

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like photos too!

I don't have an official job but I take care of my disabled mother. She has problems with her balance and also has diabetes. I can't leave her alone for too long. I have to be at home a lot to make sure she is ok.

I went to the store today with her but she got tired and had to sit in the car. I was looking for a tub surround for her and I saw this:
1898288_448564978609706_1580856445_n.jpg

It's by a company called Maax. I've seen the same thing online for over $300 and it was $199.

I'm sorry for your mother.. Diabetes is no good.. Really chip.. Only 199 dollars..

It was funny because the clerk at the store was saying "It's so expensive!" and I said "are you kidding? Do you know how much these things sell for online?"
And its weird to me how shiny it looks in person compared to the stock photos on the websites.
I just wish it had corner shelves and was a little deeper. I think it's 2 inches too shallow for what we need.

Maybe was "cheap", not "chip".. Damn.. Every seller have the own reason.. They think only to sell.. least in Italy.. I don't know in America.. Here in italy we say:the sellers are like the wh***s.. When the buyer are without money,they change client.. :) (I'm sorry for all sellers :)) what a disaster! Watching photos, I think that is very good.. However is always better watch from live, when is possible..

LOL. I understood what you meant so its fine. :)
I try not to correct people too much when they spell words wrong when I know English is not their native language. I don't want to discourage them. The written language can be difficult enough, but pronunciation can be even harder. I can't pronounce the number four in Russian-- I can count to 3 in Russian and then I'm like "f***k it"!

Sometimes that happens with sellers in the US as well. I've seen it happen and it made me sad (and angry on behalf of the customers that were treated badly). Although, sometimes there are people who work in stores who are rude to ALL customers no matter what.

It is interesting to see how different things look in person than when viewing photos. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is bad. It is bad when it looks better in the photo.

Oh my gosh..the Russian language.. I think that as difficult as German, rumenian and why no, all others languages that isn't Italian.. :)..don't worry.. You can correct me.. :).. For sellers, I think that sometimes they forget that "the client have always right ".. almost always.. :)

Hi Phish, we work like roofers only sometimes.. This depends by the requests of homeowners.. For answer, I post any photos.. Sorry but I don't know the technical words.. Anyhow the parts in grey are lead, the parts in dark brown are aluminium

1394727534266.jpg

Maybe it is just the angle of the last picture, but what stops the water from pooling and collecting in that corner?

Usually in Italy, the plumbers make only the cover for chimney, for seal between chimney and wall we use specific silicone for walls.. Like this..

1394728624474.jpg

Hi havasu, how are you? The water run against the edge of chimney..the roof have plenty slope.. About 25%

Hey buddy, I'm not doing much running these days but doing good. It must have just been the angle of the picture that confused me. Thank you for clarifying for me.

I'm sorry for you.. Don't worry, sometimes the pictures make confusion.. I'm sorry, I'm not really good with English.. However good luck for your rehabilitation..

That copper chimney looks neat.

I'm wrong.. You have right.. The little chimney is in copper.. It is neat because it's new..

Latest posts

Back