What's the weather like where you are?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sweat today for about 10 minutes just after the clouds broke and the sun came out.

Sprinkling now. Kinda sucks I am having my little Christmas party for my guys in 20 minutes. I am sure they will still enjoy a bonus tho.

Yes they were, I only have two employees but both were very greatful and I even saw tears from one after the gifts I gave. Both got new power tools and a small sum of cash for the holidays. It turned out great.

Good on ya, Chris.

The company I work for didn't give out Christmas bonuses this or last year. I understand that the construction market is tough right now, and I am just glad that I have a job to go to every morning and that our hourly wages have not been cut.

They did throw a Christmas party in their parking lot a couple of weeks ago. The president (the founder's youngest son) stayed up until 1 AM the night before smoking pork and beef, one of the oldtimers with the company brought out his karaoke setup, a couple of bounce houses for the kids, drawings for gift cards, etc. I actually had a better time than at the fancy events at the big downtown hotels in the past.

Back on topic, I woke up to clouds this morning, and now it is raining light but steady.

These pics were taken yesterday, early AM at Lake Havasu. What's the saying... Red sky in the morning, sailor heed warning?

017.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

Red sky at night Sailor's delight, Red sky in morning, Sailor's take warning.

We have had just over 6 inches of rain at my house since last Friday and are supposed to get 6-8 inches tonight alone. I am going to tie my boat to my porch so it doesn't float away.

55 and still raining I am gonna go move some trees before the ground gets hard again.

I almost forgot. From last Friday till this morning we received 10.5 inches of rain at my house. Or more but that is what my trusty 5 gallon buckets tell me. My wheel barrels say we got more but I don't like to believe them because they lie a lot.

Back