What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a screen for the garage window, ran 100' of 18-4 sprinkler wire from the back yard into the garage and connected the controller (so mama can control all the sprinklers from the garage), and then installed a rain sensor to shut off the sprinklers when it is raining. My chores are all done so I'm getting in the shower and we're taking a drive somewhere.

Mowed my grass.
Then realized 5 minutes into it, It was to damn hot outside to be mowing the grass.

came inside and got a call to go to work.
Cancelled when they where told that if it was not a common drain stoppage with another unit, then they would have to pay the bill. $200/hour an includes travel.

Mowed my grass.
Then realized 5 minutes into it, It was to damn hot outside to be mowing the grass.

came inside and got a call to go to work.
Cancelled when they where told that if it was not a common drain stoppage with another unit, then they would have to pay the bill. $200/hour an includes travel.

5:30pm I ended up going after all.
Neighbor came home and had the same problem.
25 min to get there,
40 min to clear it ( had to drain the Drano out of the sink holding water )
25 min to go home.

5:30pm I ended up going after all.
Neighbor came home and had the same problem.
25 min to get there,
40 min to clear it ( had to drain the Drano out of the sink holding water )
25 min to go home.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw[/ame]

I was a road warrior, went to the beach then to LA than the Inland Empire then back to the office. About 240 miles to look at potential work.

I was a road warrior, went to the beach then to LA than the Inland Empire then back to the office. About 240 miles to look at potential work.

...and you didn't even stop by for a visit?

Me...not a damn thing except collect $800 owed to me from a job which was never completed around the house.

I also collected 800 today from a loan I gave a year ago.

Would have stopped but I had my foreman with me and he was on the clock.

you not required to bring your work up to code?

that looks like a black bell reducer on that heater Good Eye

90 degree elbow on the vent Vent connector. OKAY

no flex connector on the water Flex is Required???

no di-electric nipple Good call

pop off not run to fd another good call

no pan/ house keeping pad Pan?? to protect the concrete floor in a utility room?

If this was in Sothern Calif it would also require a seismic strap and insulation ont he water supplies, both hot and cold.

critic.jpg

Those are both unions, it is resting on concrete blocks, vent had to be run like that no other option, but a few questions, why is a dielectric union required? And why cant you offset the gas, i didnt really have any other option, i couldnt run it any other way without cutting back a lot of pipe..

It is safety issues, the 90 on the top of that heater, 2 things,

it will restrict the up draft causing gas to enter the home. and the back side of the 90 will burn out over time and all the gas will vent into the space

the die-lectric unions, dissimular metals cause electrolysis, which causes rust, which causes a leak,

ar130468716080813.jpg

that black bell reducer on the water pipe will last about 6 mths before it rusts

The 90's are considered vent connectors an you can have a horizontal section with a min of 1/4 " / ft

510.10.8 Slope. A vent connector shall be installed with out any dips or sags and shall slope upward toward the vent or chimney not less than one-quarter (¼) inch/foot (20 mm/m). [NFPA 54:12.11.8]

510.10.9 Length of Vent Connector.510.10.9.1 A vent connector shall be as short as
practical and the gas utilization appliance located as close as practical to the chimney or vent. [NFPA 54:12.11.9.1]

https://law.resource.org/pub/us/code/bsc.ca.gov/gov.ca.bsc.2010.05.html#p127

Back