What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't fall for it. We were sucked into this, and were charging us $20 a month. We cancelled and bought our own ink cartridges, and upon installing them, the printer said we didn't have permission to use our own ink. We called HP again, said remove this, or we would call the credit card company and file a claim against them. After this, they allowed us to refill at half the price they were charging.
Yeah, I think you mentioned that on another forum which is what made me not trust this. I needed something to print the taxes. We hardly ever print stuff. I hope they get hit with a class action lawsuit for that bs. Blocking people from being able to use ink that they purchased and making it so you have to login to print wirelessly. Only way around is to buy a USB B to A cable and print via wired method. $10 for a 10ft cable from Walmart. It's small enough and light enough to carry from room to room if need be.

Today I went to my favorite restaurant up in Alexandria. It was called Panda but was renamed Flying Wok. Bro had about 4 plates of food (one for dessert) and a bowl of ice cream. I had one plate bc I was having trouble chewing stuff. I've been having trouble swallowing lately and have to be extra careful so I don't choke. Mucus buildup from allergies. I have to wear a mask when I go outside to keep pollen out of my nose.

AC was heating instead of cooling on cool mode again so when I got home I changed hvac filters and poured bleach down the condensate line. It's working nicely now.

Jeff, those look delicious!

My cat, Itsy, would absolutely try to steal them. Right now she's curled up on my lap.

I used to like HP but they've gone stupid with that ink stuff.

I woke up before noon for the first time this week (ok, not counting Monday, but I fell back asleep on Monday). Went to pick up mail after noon & then to Walmart to grab bread. Stopped by TSC to get two small bales of hay with molasses for the cows.

Red cow (Kwai Ying) saw me stop the truck to get the hay out so she hustled over. Black cow (Alleria) started mooing. I pulled one of the bales out, cut it open, and then called both of them to come over and eat it. Got back in my truck as Kwai jogged over. She sniffed the hay, turned around and hollered at me, and then chased after the truck as I parked. She ran over to me wanting to know where the sweet feed was. The hay lasts longer so I got it instead and that spoiled cow was not happy. Alleria hobbled over and started eating. I rubbed Kwai's face and she hollered at me again as I headed inside with the bread & a package. She eventually went over and started eating the hay. I'll have to get her sweet feed sometime I guess.

Got tired of my brother kicking trash into the hallway every single time he opens his bedroom door so I grabbed a broom and extra large dustpan so I could sweep stuff out of the alcove in front of his door inside his room. That way stuff wouldn't be blocking the vent that sucks air into the compartment under the air handler. Got it all out into the hallway, picked out some non-trash items that fell on the floor, and filled a 55 gallon bag. Then I started sweeping up the kitchen (trash can got knocked over and spilled). Took the bag out of the kitchen trash can bc it was full. I now have four 55 gallon trash bags to take out. Two have been sitting in there waiting for my brother to haul them out but that isn't happening. Lost daylight and the lights don't work in the front room so I'll have to wait until morning to haul them out. Need to clean litterboxes again too. Also need to shampoo the hallway carpet.

I worked up a sweat so I'm cooling off now.

I used to like HP but they've gone stupid with that ink stuff.

I woke up before noon for the first time this week (ok, not counting Monday, but I fell back asleep on Monday). Went to pick up mail after noon & then to Walmart to grab bread. Stopped by TSC to get two small bales of hay with molasses for the cows.

Red cow (Kwai Ying) saw me stop the truck to get the hay out so she hustled over. Black cow (Alleria) started mooing. I pulled one of the bales out, cut it open, and then called both of them to come over and eat it. Got back in my truck as Kwai jogged over. She sniffed the hay, turned around and hollered at me, and then chased after the truck as I parked. She ran over to me wanting to know where the sweet feed was. The hay lasts longer so I got it instead and that spoiled cow was not happy. Alleria hobbled over and started eating. I rubbed Kwai's face and she hollered at me again as I headed inside with the bread & a package. She eventually went over and started eating the hay. I'll have to get her sweet feed sometime I guess.

Got tired of my brother kicking trash into the hallway every single time he opens his bedroom door so I grabbed a broom and extra large dustpan so I could sweep stuff out of the alcove in front of his door inside his room. That way stuff wouldn't be blocking the vent that sucks air into the compartment under the air handler. Got it all out into the hallway, picked out some non-trash items that fell on the floor, and filled a 55 gallon bag. Then I started sweeping up the kitchen (trash can got knocked over and spilled). Took the bag out of the kitchen trash can bc it was full. I now have four 55 gallon trash bags to take out. Two have been sitting in there waiting for my brother to haul them out but that isn't happening. Lost daylight and the lights don't work in the front room so I'll have to wait until morning to haul them out. Need to clean litterboxes again too. Also need to shampoo the hallway carpet.

I worked up a sweat so I'm cooling off now.
Agreed. The last HP device I purchased was a tube type oscilloscope and now have moved on to Tektronix because the buttons on the control panel are okay for those with fat fingers like me. Cows R Fun.

Don't fall for it. We were sucked into this, and were charging us $20 a month. We cancelled and bought our own ink cartridges, and upon installing them, the printer said we didn't have permission to use our own ink. We called HP again, said remove this, or we would call the credit card company and file a claim against them. After this, they allowed us to refill at half the price they were charging.
Ink jet printers, regardless of who makes them are a joke. If you use them a lot, you will go broke buying ink. If you don’t use them a lot, the ink cartridges dry out and you will go broke replacing them. Either way you lose. Get a laser or an LED printer… Some inexpensive ones are less than $100. They will sit forever without drying out, and are fraction of the cost of any inkjet for total operating cost..

I have a massive tabloid sized HP color duplex printer, laser. I also have a small portable LED printer that cost $69. No ink jets for me.

Agreed but sometimes ink is the only way to get photo quality. My Epson R3000 is what use and it’s got nine separate cartridges of differing colors including two different blacks. To replace all the inks at once is pretty close to $700.

Agreed but sometimes ink is the only way to get photo quality. My Epson R3000 is what use and it’s got nine separate cartridges of differing colors including two different blacks. To replace all the inks at once is pretty close to $700.
You’re right. Ink is the only way to get photo quality. But from a cost standpoint if you want photo quality send it out. Costco and similar photo prints start at about $0.16 or so. Hardly pays to do it yourself. Some CVS and Walgreens even have in store kiosks.

I had ONE inkjet printer once. What a costly mess.

They have LED printers now? I didn't know that. I haven't even seen anything but inkjets available for sale, but I haven't really looked. I might look for the laserjets. I need to do more research on printers. We very rarely print out photos. Most of what we print is black & white and we don't print often.

Loud thunderstorms yesterday morning so I had to wait on hauling trash bags out. My dog, Princess, was terrified. I was lying down and she jumped into my arms. Poor thing was shivering like crazy. I wrapped her in a blanket and held her close and petted her until she stopped shaking. Then I fell asleep hugging her-- thunderstorms put me to sleep for some reason. When I woke up she had moved and a cat had moved into her spot. LOL. I got four 55 gallon bags hauled out. Then at night we had more storms. Mom woke me up complaining about the internet being out. I asked her what she wanted me to do about it & she started to say she wanted me to go outside in the thunderstorm to look at our dish, then I think she realized how absurd that was. Internet started working again while she was whining at me. She needed some info from my brother so I asked her why she was asking me instead of him and she said he was asleep. Turns out he wasn't. He was awake & playing video games. So, she could have pestered him instead of waking me up. Then I had to get up and cook for her. I went to the bathroom and the dog ran in with me and jumped into my lap and put her head over my shoulder because she was shivering again. Even my most cowardly cats have never been that afraid of thunderstorms. LOL.

I just remembered I have another bale of hay to put out for the cows. It's in the back of my truck wrapped in plastic.

An LED printer is just a less expensive version of a laser printer. If you don't print all that often, and your need is just in B&W, there are some inexpensive printers out there. The one I have for portable use is an HP LaserJet Pro M15W. I paid about $75 for a refurbished one on eBay. There are others out there such as Brother, OKI, etc. Plenty used on eBay, or refurbished if you look.

I found a deal on a vacation house rental in Destin,Fl.

2 bedroom 2 bath with a garage and community pool in a gated community a couple streets over from the beach. Walking distance .

Check in Monday afternoon at 4pm and check out Thursday at 10am.

$565.00 total.

Was about to book it and the wife tells me we have to check on some dogs(feed them) for her sister on Tuesday night.

That ruined it. 🙁

It’s gonna be beautiful weather……

Same house costs $2500 for 3 nights in July……😐

I was bored yesterday and watched an episode of "How It's Made". They were making toilets and, goodness me, it looked like a crap shoot as to whether or not they would ever be able to make a good one. Amazingly manual process from start to finish!

I've had very bad luck with e-bay on machinery and computer stuff & accessories. So, I'll want to get something new. Even with the guarantees from ebay I find its too much of a hassle to do returns or handle things when a product is defective or doesn't work. So, laser printers can't do any color at all? Do they need toner? My mother wrinkled her nose at the idea of laser printers and toner. LOL. Probably easier to deal with nowadays though.

I bagged up more trash that I need to drag out. Left arm is sore today and giving me a bit of trouble. I'm waiting to hear back from my friend on when he'll be able to help me work on my bathroom. He said sometime this week. Right now he's with his gf at her obgyn appointment to confirm the positive home pregnancy test.

I don't print photos so that's not something I worry about. I won't buy anything from Dell anymore though. They pissed me off so much with the built in kill switch on their version of windows on their desktop computers. We found it while looking through to make sure we were getting rid of viruses. Caused windows to not function properly as soon as the warranty was up. Plus there was an incident where they shipped a computer to the wrong address (they are the ones who made the mistake when shipping). The computer got returned to their distribution center and one of their employees signed for it & they tried to claim we got it. But then they realized it was one of their employees who took it. We asked them to send it back to the proper address. They said "No". We asked them to send a replacement. They said "No" and that we would have to order a new one which would take 2 months to put together and ship. And they no longer had the sale so it would cost more. We told them to give us our $ back and to get bent.

Mom woke me up at 4 something in the morning wanting me to cook for her. I finally got in some good sleep after that-- had been tossing and turning having trouble getting comfortable before.

Friend messaged me asking for help paying for gas. He had to take his gf to the hospital in Lake Charles and his crappy employer still hasn't paid him. The girlfriend miscarried. But since she finally went to a decent doctor she found out why-- its her blood type. She has to get some sort of injection next time in order for her body to not reject it. I met him at the gas station and told him to give her a hug from me.

Got some groceries at Walmart and when I got home, the cat Aminatu ran ahead of me and went to jump up on a bin and slammed face first into the old microwave. I don't know if she somehow didn't see it or if she was trying to jump higher and derped. Loud clang, microwave shifted, she shook her head and tried again. I imagine she has a headache. She decided she wanted to be comforted so she's sitting on my lap right now.

Back