What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am boring, I out in point of entry water filters. 3M AP902 and AP903 to try and minimize chlorine prematurely aging my new Uponor Pex pipes.

1656794614435.png

Nice.
My mother asked me earlier if I installed a water filter under the sink. I said "What? Why would I have put one in?" She said "You ran new pipes!" I said "we don't even own an inline filter and this is the first time you've mentioned it". I then explained that it wasn't as easy to install as she thought as she's never tried to disconnect waterlines under a sink. Do they make filters for hot water lines?

I made dinner and am still tired as hell.

Nice.
My mother asked me earlier if I installed a water filter under the sink. I said "What? Why would I have put one in?" She said "You ran new pipes!" I said "we don't even own an inline filter and this is the first time you've mentioned it". I then explained that it wasn't as easy to install as she thought as she's never tried to disconnect waterlines under a sink. Do they make filters for hot water lines?

The proper answer was “ yes and I just replaced the filter a few days ago “

Nice.

We put one under sink when we re-pipes. Trying to get the chlorine out as well as any leaching plastic from the pex. Knowing the dames the chlorine can do to pex and brass fittings over time we decided to do point of entry filters in. I had read people saying once they put chlorine filters in they felt better after showering as you don’t have those hard chemicals on your skin. Took me about 2.5 hours. I feel the difference when I shower, the chlorine was bothering my eyes. Also skin feels a little better, wife noticed it as well. As for the under sink filters, those are fairly easy now, we did a Waterdrop and it took less than 15 minutes. The Cuzn is a very good one as well.

Ah. We have well water with sediment but no chlorine.
Yesterday I finally got up briefly. Cleaned up dog puke and crap, picked up some trash, cooked dinner, etc. Went back to sleep after that. Feeling slightly better today but still tired. I wish I didn't have these fatigue crashes. I need to get some stuff done.
My cats Bethesda and Biscuits are sitting on my legs right now. My brother just fed them and they are about to go into a food coma.

Well we took a drive from North Carolina up to Michigan for a 10 day vacation. But before we left, completed most of the construction on the benches to match the picnic table I made out of cedar for my neighbor. I’ve got another day of work on those two benches.

Attachments

• FDCB77C8-643D-4416-8C60-EEC96E032424.jpeg
    FDCB77C8-643D-4416-8C60-EEC96E032424.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • EDC98CA2-2D9B-434D-864C-A08307A3A40A.jpeg
    EDC98CA2-2D9B-434D-864C-A08307A3A40A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
Nice! My camera came installed in the tailgate-- which doesn't help at all when tailgate is down. They sell ones that fit in license plate surrounds.

I actually had a dream about driving a bus and having a backup camera in it.

I tried to call Amazon customer support over an account issue. Kept getting the same automated message and everytime it went to transfer me to a living person it would say "Please hang up and try your call again" and hang up on me. So I got into tech chat and explained the situation and the person was able to help and then thanked me for being respectful.

Took my friend to Samsclub with me to grab diapers for his kid (they were out of the ones in his size in town). Samsclub had a good deal on the diapers in bulk. Way cheaper than at the local place (when they are in stock). Grabbed more stuff for Mom. Stopped to eat at Panda. My friend and the owner compared surgery scars from broken arms. Friend fixed my laptop cable and I watched how he did it. Laptop is now charging.

I'm cooking yellow rice for Mom and then I will take a nap.

I forgot to mention the bench being nice as well. I'm trying to re-download and install a game that started having problems when I tried to run it.
My poor cats are all sneezing and have stuffy noses. I wish I could help them but the vet said there is no medicine for kitty cat colds. The cat who normally sleeps on top of my door is on my lap right now wanting snuggles because she doesn't feel well.

So visiting with friends in the small town of Onekama, Michigan. On the NW coast. They have a gorgeous home with frontage on Lake Michigan. They were considering the purchase of a fixer-upper on adjacent Portage Lake. So many problems it’s either a tearer-downer or gut to the studs…not certain they’re up to that challenge. Plumbing was a leaky mess, but confined to one corner of the home. I laughed at the 1” PVC kitchen drain! The electric water heater from the 1960s…some kind of old, very old, but functional jet pump supply system with galvanized tanks. Totally bizarre electric system with some K&T along with a modern panel…Sunset view from our guest room.

Attachments

• 04A650E3-4658-4D16-AB5B-A6DA664F604F.jpeg
    04A650E3-4658-4D16-AB5B-A6DA664F604F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • A1537230-0F0D-42BF-82DC-F31DA3F54610.jpeg
    A1537230-0F0D-42BF-82DC-F31DA3F54610.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 011AA765-AD0C-4C83-AC2B-16E880579D3D.jpeg
    011AA765-AD0C-4C83-AC2B-16E880579D3D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 9913B2F7-71F8-4342-AAA2-ABE67FE5CF5B.jpeg
    9913B2F7-71F8-4342-AAA2-ABE67FE5CF5B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20C2F2A2-5739-4949-8766-B5D9DE80EF8C.jpeg
    20C2F2A2-5739-4949-8766-B5D9DE80EF8C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
20C2F2A2-5739-4949-8766-B5D9DE80EF8C.jpeg

WOW, not sure I've seen an outlet like that for 40 years...

Latest posts

Back