What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have Netflix. But Youtube is full of entertaining videos and now I can load as many as I want without having to worry about a bandwidth limit.

I spent most of the day sleeping. Get to go to Samsclub tomorrow (technically later today).

I enjoyed putting the trash can out for pickup late last night. I enjoyed it due to the temp being a mid 70* mellow and my gardenia bush was scenting the air. Very nice. Even did a bit of porch sitting under such nice conditions.

I don't have Netflix. But Youtube is full of entertaining videos and now I can load as many as I want without having to worry about a bandwidth limit.

I spent most of the day sleeping. Get to go to Samsclub tomorrow (technically later today).
Verizon was going to try and slap a 1 terabyte monthly limit on me or upcharge every month that I go over that. They have since backed away from that silly idea.

Has anyone ever used a home warranty service like AHS, etc? If so, what do you think?

This is sort of plumbing related: I installed a "Simple Human", (that's me), soap dispenser on a single piece of ceramic tile using the provided 3M sticky stuff. Even though I followed the directions with regard to cleaning and allowing the adhesive to cure for 24 hrs before applying a "load", the thing fell off at 2:00 am in the morning after only a couple of days. Some say that "Gorilla Tape" is the only double sided tape that will work and other say just bite the bullet and drill a couple of holes in the tile and be don with it. Your thoughts would be welcome.

Last edited:
I slept almost all day yesterday. After I went to Samsclub I had an argument with Mom where she again failed to realize I'm not a genie that can conjure whatever she wants whenever she wants and that I am limited by what the stores carry. Gist of the conversation was I listed all the food we had available and she griped that she didn't like any of it and that I never buy the stuff she wants-- problem is, she stops liking stuff she used to like and the store stops carrying stuff she likes. I had to explain to her 50x that I don't control the market and availability. After arguing for 20min I told her she could stuff her face with snacks bc I needed to lie down. So I napped, got up, went to Walmart and got some new stuff to try, and fed her that. Gonna take some tweaking on the cooking time to satisfy her, but hopefully she will like the new frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs (they were out of fresh ones).

Not allowed to swear here but insert a plethora of expletives. My laptop's lights didn't come on and I couldn't figure why, pulled on the cord and found it is cut in half. On the part that is hardwired. No teeth marks but it must have been the dogs. Explained why the dog yelped earlier. He must've gotten a little zap. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGG!!! Costs over $100 for a replacement now. I wonder if my friend can patch it up. A little solder and some electrical tape? LOL.

Going to head to Bestbuy first thing to get a type C adapter for the laptop charger I got at samsclub. Then I figure out a more permanent solution. Fortunately, my brother loaned me a corded mouse I can use since my cordless one doesn't want to work with my desktop. Got it up and running and it said Windows is not Genuine. It was genuine. I have product key but can't find the paper. I got a program that tells me the product key wrote it down, saved it in notepad, then looked up how to manually enter it in to the registry. Opened command prompt in admin mode, typod the first time, got it right the 2nd time. No more error. Now I need to update it to win10.

Can't get it to remember my password for Steam properly so I will have to look that up on my laptop after I charge it up again. I was enjoying using the laptop and am not looking forward to having to buy a new power brick. So much for getting a new headset that doesn't hurt my ears... Saw one at Samsclub for $85 and it fit perfectly. Gonna have to pull some $ out of my checking account.

Upside is someone is interested in adopting the stupid dogs.

Verizon was going to try and slap a 1 terabyte monthly limit on me or upcharge every month that I go over that. They have since backed away from that silly idea.

Has anyone ever used a home warranty service like AHS, etc? If so, what do you think?

This is sort of plumbing related: I installed a "Simple Human", (that's me), soap dispenser on a single piece of ceramic tile using the provided 3M sticky stuff. Even though I followed the directions with regard to cleaning and allowing the adhesive to cure for 24 hrs before applying a "load", the thing fell off at 2:00 am in the morning after only a couple of days. Some say that "Gorilla Tape" is the only double sided tape that will work and other say just bite the bullet and drill a couple of holes in the tile and be don with it. Your thoughts would be welcome.
Just a couple of questions re: the taping. is the tile's surface smooth/flat? When "cleaning," did you lastly clean the tile surface wirh a mild solvenr, e.g., an isopropyl alcohol? That could be critical to a good bond.

Riickk, I looked and they didn't have any with the right kind of connector. I need one that is 230W. I found it on Ebay but it's going to be around $100 with shipping and tax. I'm going to try to splice the existing one back together and wrap the bejeezus out of it with electrical tape (temporarily). The charger thingy I got to charge the laptop is still charging up.

I went to bestbuy, Sams, and walmart (mom's request). They were cleaned out on frozen food in Walmart. Left without any food for Mom but I got her some smaller Corelle plates and replaced the serving spoons the stupid dogs chewed.

Zanne...
If you have BestBuy, etc., nearby then you're in the USA (?)
If so, 99.99999% of outlets are 115v. So why do you need or want 230v adapter.
What your concern is the output voltage, and a tip that fits your laptop. Should be easy.

BTW best of my knowledge, there ain't any laptop what needs 230 WATTS to operate.
Most are 17, 18, 19, 20 VOLTS in output. Yours must be very very special. Good Luck 🤞

HAVASU, That is a plain old 45w laptop adapter. I've bought many and even some from EBAY, just generic chinese adapters run for years and perform fine when matched to your model.
Either type in your laptop info and "adapter" in a google search or directly onto EBAY or prbly AMZ and then just check to see that the polarity descriptor matches. That is the small circle with a + and a - showing inner and outer polarity.

Just a couple of questions re: the taping. is the tile's surface smooth/flat? When "cleaning," did you lastly clean the tile surface wirh a mild solvenr, e.g., an isopropyl alcohol? That could be critical to a good bond.
Yep. First I cleaned it with cleanser, then with isopropyl, then finally with the included cleaning wipe. TFM, the _______ manual, said to let the bond “cure” for at least two hours and it still let go. The single square of ceramic tile was glossy smooth and flat.

Happy Fourth of July weekend to everyone and God bless America.

Zanne...
If you have BestBuy, etc., nearby then you're in the USA (?)
If so, 99.99999% of outlets are 115v. So why do you need or want 230v adapter.
What your concern is the output voltage, and a tip that fits your laptop. Should be easy.

BTW best of my knowledge, there ain't any laptop what needs 230 WATTS to operate.
Most are 17, 18, 19, 20 VOLTS in output. Yours must be very very special. Good Luck 🤞
My Dell Alienware Area 51 gaming "laptop" requires over 500 watts of power as supplied by no less than two power bricks connected at the same time. On a full charge running a high res game, the internal batteries last for slightly less than ten minutes. It is a LINO, “laptop” in name only; a desktop that was shoehorned into a laptop sized space because some engineers were challenged to do so.

Last edited:
My friend had an Alienware that weighed over 20lbs. Huge power brick and required a lot of wattage.

To clarify: It's watts, not volts. 230Watts. That is what my laptop requires. I'd take a pic but my vision is too blurry right now. I'll have to take one later. Stock image from ebay though:
1656758186872.png
Only stuff I found from Amazon that fit the bill under that price was refurbished & had horrible ratings.

My friend said he thinks we can fix the existing cord but we ordered another one just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.
Just woke up with a charlie horse and am trying to get myself back to sleep.

My friend had an Alienware that weighed over 20lbs. Huge power brick and required a lot of wattage.

To clarify: It's watts, not volts. 230Watts. That is what my laptop requires. I'd take a pic but my vision is too blurry right now. I'll have to take one later.

Good morning Zanne. Yup understood. The two bricks that my Alienware use are universal switching power supplies and you can plug them into 115VAC or 230VAC 50/60 hertz as the case may be.

Last edited:
Havasu, the graphics cards use a lot of power to run the games.
The good news is i finally got my mouse working. having trouble with the left shift key on this keyboard so it only capitalizes when i use the right shift key. i'll have to clean the keyboard out better. To clarify on the mouse-- i had to install new drivers and sync the mouse with the software while it was running to get the mouse to work. Before it would only use a wired mouse. i essentially had to resync the mouse its dongle. But its working now so i'm happy. Still charging the charging brick. i think it has to charge for 24 hours straight.

i'm just waking up again and will have to get up and clean up the dog puke in the kitchen. i need to change the hvac filters too. Even the cats are sneezing.

The person who wants to adopt the dogs told me she just got Covid again (she's a first responder) so it will be awhile before i can meet with her to introduce the pups to her dogs in a neural location. She also lives over 3 hours away, but it would be worth the drive to rehome these dogs. i was going to clean the truck out but its raining.

i stocked up on cat food. Sinuses don't like me today and i just took my allergy meds. my new power brick should arrive next week. I'm trying to motivate myself to move-- oh, and the shift key actually worked for a change. It's been pissy. Wasn't working earlier... I must have dislodged something that was making it not work.

Back