What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like your shed building. Is it going to be more of a workshop or a getaway in the back yard?

Wife: You need to clean out the garage (so we can walk in it!)
Me: too much stuff! We don't have anywhere to keep the big stuff.
Wife: Not what I said! Find someplace for it!
Me: we could get a shed????
Wife: Doesn't need to be that big, just get the garage cleaned out!
Me: (I) think 12' x 16' would do it?? :O)
Wife: just get it done!
Me: it'll need electric & work bench & loft (maybe a beer fridge - didn't add that last part)
Wife: don't need details just get the garage cleaned out!

Sooooo the electric is started :O) !!!

Lick both index fingers. Now, touch the vertical silver rods that go up and down in your breaker box. As you get zapped, you'll say, " dammit, I just touched the buss bars!"
As a kid of seventeen, I pranked my mother when I told her the way to tell if a 9 volt battery was bad was to put your tongue across the terminal and you couldn't taste anything it was probably dead. She tried it with a new battery and you know the rest. The evil bastard that I was was grounded for two weeks! Also, I came to find out that my internal body resistance is high enough that 120VAC doesn't bother me too much when the fingers of one hand are across the hot and neutral. I try to avoid put completing the circuit from one hand to the other for obvious reasons.

Calibrated tongues are a good tool to have in your toolbox. By the way, I used to have no problem climbing towers to repair or replace my ham radio antennas and crawl around on my roof realigning my satellite dish but, sadly, what used to be ain't no more.
I agree, sadly. Getting old sucks!

I've never been a beer person, I prefer wine, but I mostly drink milk and water. LOL.

I'm a bit out of it. Went to Samsclub yesterday and am tired from it. I also stayed up late playing Medieval Dynasty last night.

I've been trying to cut back on carbs but have had willpower issues. I did good at lunch. Had meat and veggies and then watermelon for desert. but then I saw brownies at samsclub.... Brownies with chocolate frosting. I already ate 3 of them. And these are large brownies. My stomach regretted it though. LOL.

The two younger dogs think they are in Alabama so I either need to get the male neutered or the female spayed. Neutering is cheaper but I am worried we may still end up with inbred puppies.

I've done that before, Frodo. Glad you didn't fall down.

Yesterday was my friend's birthday so we went over to give him a gift of $ (to pay his electric bill) and bought some food from a local place. We hung out for awhile and then I went to the grocery store. On the way home we saw a guy with a flat tire. Stopped to see if he was ok. His spare was flat. His friend lived just past our little turnoff near the auxiliary firestation so we gave him a lift to it. It was 98°, humid, and there are no sidewalks so we wanted him to get there safely.

Red beans & rice for dinner. I played with the dogs, who are getting bigger and want to climb on me. I tried to get up and Peanutbutter knocked me back down and laid down on to of me. She wants me to hug her and hold her like she's a baby. Jelly wants to snuggle too and is getting a little less aggressive / competitive with her.

My brother injured his rotator cuff falling in the shower at my friend's house (we still don't have ours running). I need do do some major cleaning but I will have to do it in small increments. Will be cooking beef stroganoff tonight (well, hamburger meat stroganoff).

Attachments

• peanutbutter&jellyJune25-2022_1.png
    peanutbutter&jellyJune25-2022_1.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 9
  • PeanutbutterMar20-2022_2.png
    PeanutbutterMar20-2022_2.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 10
Had my septic pumped yesterday...they had a tough time I think because of my house fire almost 3 yrs ago. The night of the fire I had no way to shut off the rural water so it ran all night till the next day. I'm sure a lot of sheetrock residue and other things ran down the floor drain
I've done that before, Frodo. Glad you didn't fall down.

Yesterday was my friend's birthday so we went over to give him a gift of $ (to pay his electric bill) and bought some food from a local place. We hung out for awhile and then I went to the grocery store. On the way home we saw a guy with a flat tire. Stopped to see if he was ok. His spare was flat. His friend lived just past our little turnoff near the auxiliary firestation so we gave him a lift to it. It was 98°, humid, and there are no sidewalks so we wanted him to get there safely.

Red beans & rice for dinner. I played with the dogs, who are getting bigger and want to climb on me. I tried to get up and Peanutbutter knocked me back down and laid down on to of me. She wants me to hug her and hold her like she's a baby. Jelly wants to snuggle too and is getting a little less aggressive / competitive with her.

My brother injured his rotator cuff falling in the shower at my friend's house (we still don't have ours running). I need do do some major cleaning but I will have to do it in small increments. Will be cooking beef stroganoff tonight (well, hamburger meat stroganoff).

The one on the rights expression! Lol

Yikes, sawguy. I'm sorry you had a fire. I hope there wasn't too much damage. Glad you got the septic tank drained.
Dog on the right is Jelly. I don't know why he was making those faces but a few moments after the picture, the dog on the left (Peanutbutter) put her paws up on me and tried to climb up and lay her head on my shoulder. They both like putting their heads on my shoulders and being hugged gently. They are very cuddly.
I thought today was Sunday. Somehow lost a day. Discovered it was Monday and took my brother for his last probation appointment (this state now gives probation for minor traffic tickets bc they can charge $50 a month for it and people can't just call in, they have to physically go to the shed that they call the "Misdemeanor Probation Office"). There was a guy in the court the same time as my brother who got 3 months probation for going 11 miles over the speed limit. First offense.
After that I limped in to Walmart (body was not cooperating today) and grabbed some stuff for Mom. Got McDonalds on the way home. Started heading home and realized they forgot to give me one of my drinks. Went back with the receipt and saw the drink sitting near the drive thru window. I showed the receipt and pointed to the drink. They apologized and handed it over.
Took a nap and was having a dream that I was driving a bus with no seats and trying to use the backup camera when Mom woke me up wanting me to get up, go in the room with her, and grab something that was 5feet away from her to hand it to her.
Meanwhile, the toilet keeps pivoting on its flange for some reason and its now leaning. I can feel that the floor is getting more flexible. No signs of leaks that I can detect but the floor is not doing well & I'll have to replace it soon.

Yikes, sawguy. I'm sorry you had a fire. I hope there wasn't too much damage. Glad you got the septic tank drained.
Dog on the right is Jelly. I don't know why he was making those faces but a few moments after the picture, the dog on the left (Peanutbutter) put her paws up on me and tried to climb up and lay her head on my shoulder. They both like putting their heads on my shoulders and being hugged gently. They are very cuddly.

Wife and I started watching this the other day, I think it’s a must-see for any animal lover if you have Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/title/81318943

Back