What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I went to Walmart early to get a shot at the discount candy. There wasn't much out though. Not sure if we were too early or too late.
I still haven't been able to rehome the puppies. They are now as tall as my bed. We need to find them new homes asap though because they are too hyper and may end up injuring Mom. They like to jump on people and she has poor balance.
I grabbed feed for the cows at TSC and made them happy. Yesterday one of the cows chased me all around my truck when I was trying to get something out of the back seat.

I grabbed feed for the cows at TSC and made them happy.

It's a known fact that happy cows give better milk! And speaking of dairy cows and products, the price of Half 'n' Half in my local grocery stores is now $15 per gallon. With prices like this I really wish I could put gasoline in my morning "joe'!

Last edited:
I've been wearing masks outside when doing yardwork bc of the pollen. It actually helps. Not doing much today. Played with the puppies, put flea collars on them-- which was an adventure bc when I was trying to get the collar on one, the other pup kept jumping up and grabbing it. Happened with each of them, but I finally got the collars on. I just hope they work. The ones I got for the youngest cats work.

My friend apparently was fed up yesterday morning (we dropped by briefly to see him). He'd put his ex's stuff out on the porch and in the garbage can. He'd also thrown the puppy outside. Said he's tired of her peeing on the carpet. She's only a puppy, but I know part of it is impulse control issues from the blood clots. Still, he should not have pets. I got puppy food and kitten food for him and a few days later noticed he hadn't even opened the bags. If I didn't have too many pets already I'd just bring them all home so they won't starve. He didn't want the cats but people dumped them. He did want the puppy but now he doesn't want her.

Zanne, sounds like your going to have to take them to a kennel so they can get a good home. I don't think your friend will do that at this time
while he is sick.

Tom, there are no shelters in the area that are taking animals right now. There's a dog pound but they keep the animals in horrible condition and they have a wait list of at least 30 dogs. They don't take anything other than dogs. Nowhere in the parish takes cats. People in this area don't care about animals much. We have a lot of problems with abuse and neglect.

I visited again and puppy seems happy outside but I worry she'll get run over. I almost hope someone will steal her if they treat her better.

I cleaned litterboxes, cleaned toolboxes, reorganized stuff, chased puppies around trying to get them to behave, helped my friend put up the 10' pole with the satellite dish. Turned out to be harder than we expected. Took 3 people. Turns out the eaves are not that strong so the pole wobbles. Got 100' paracord to tether to the chimney on one side and car port on the other. Need a more permanent solution. I'm thinking Amazon.com: (Pack of 2) Directv Long Braces for J Mount with 2" OD Clamps Support Arms Monopoles Ka/ku Slimline Struts : Electronics might help.

Put away ladders and cleaned up afterward while my brother whined about his foot. He dropped a ladder on my head when I was organizing my tools. I wasn't under the ladder or anything, my brother was messing around with it and lifted it up, lost control of it so it fell behind him and caught me with the top rung. My friend was worried but I told him its ok bc I'm hard-headed.

Had to make 2 trips to TSC to get stuff. Then went back in with my friend to buy him some groceries so he could have something to eat.

So, satellite no longer has obstructions but it starts to loose signal due to the pole moving a little. It seems to be holding up better right now. We get lag spikes but no disconnects thus far.

I cooked hamburger stroganoff and added sauteed mushrooms, which made Mom happy.

Got one of the puppies put up in the front room-- he wouldn't get off my bed so I had to pick him up and carry him-- and he's getting big now. Not sure where the other one is.

I think I need a nap now.

I just had my "Rain Man" moment for the day and, believe you me, I am beginning to have quite a lot of incidents like this these days. I opened and fumble-fingered a brand new box of 500 wooden tooth picks all over the kitchen floor. I only recovered 491 of the little bastards so either I missed some or Diamond, the toothpick company, short-changed me. In other news, Amazon delivered a 1,100 piece set of tiny eyeglass screws, nuts and nose pieces and I am afraid to try and open the plastic container for obvious reasons...........

Oh well, life goes on.

The day I picked it up(Wednesday) I added the iron sights, red dot sight and scope. Went to the range on Thursday and couldn't hit the target to save my life... The sights were way off. Only brought 40 rounds and ran out quick.

Went back yesterday after sighting both iron and red dot looking thru the barrel. Friggin worked great! I used both iron and red dot.

I ordered 900 rounds so far... I think this will prevent me from shooting my pistols... It's way too much fun!

What brand of AR?

I myself have a Stag LH Tactical....oops, I mean that was the gun I had that sunk in my boat and lost forever!
Many an "assault" weapons has been lost at sea. For mine, to make it acceptable, I had it done up in pink Cerakote. Who could hate or be afraid of a pink gun called my little unicorn?

Last edited:
What brand of AR?

I myself have a Stag LH Tactical....oops, I mean that was the gun I had that sunk in my boat and lost forever!
I think the original owner of Stag almost went to federal prison for having unserialized lowers. Or that’s what I think I remember.

I took one of my cats to the vet. Antibiotic shot used to be $16. Its now $50. I'm dreading taking my dogs for their vaccine renewals.

Took my brother to see his probation officer and am still nagging him about finding a lawyer to discuss appeal options or at least taking some action to protect others in the future. While he was waiting he talked to some people who asked him which judge sentenced him and said that guy ALWAYS convicts no matter what. Turns out every time he convicts, a percentage of the court fees/fines goes into his retirement account so he gets paid extra to convict.

Saw a beautiful hawk that swooped down to a tree and stared at us.

Currently trying to figure out how to attach a pole mount to the side of my antenna tower because current eaves setup is not working great anymore.

His daughter is cute and a question for Twowashack: Was that your granddaughter I saw in the video's beginning? ;)

I’m not that old, I just started very young.

I had about 10 veteran master plumbers teaching me since I was old enough to walk until I was about 21 or so.

I’ve been soldering copper since I was about 7 yrs old. When your father, grandfather and 7 uncles where master plumbers you get started young.

I remember threading 3/4” galvanized pipes with hand threaders and being so little that I had to jump and push the dies down to cut the threads.

That old man in the video doesn’t have anything on me.......

Latest posts

Back