What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biscuits and Gravy Jones are brothers from different litters (same mother & father). Mewlatto is completely unrelated. We found him abandoned on the road many years ago. Crying his poor little head off because he was lost. No sign of his mother or other kittens so we rescued him. Biscuits has long fur like his father (who was a fluffy orange cat). Gravy Jones has similar markings to his mother (who was gray and white).

I have had a sinus headache most of the day and am exhausted. I got up very early, cleaned up a bunch of dog crap (Mom's dog went on the bathroom floor instead of on the puppy pad- and puppies have been wanting to stay inside longer bc its too hot out). I went to the post office to get mail. Helped Mom fix something on her tax forms that saved her $1800 and then had to get printer ink from the store. I also had to cook for her and after going to the store I told her I had a headache and needed to lie down. So she called me and started telling me about something on TV right when I was dozing off. I have to mail the taxes off tomorrow. H&R Block software won't send it electronically because I had to override something. They left out a deduction that is on the state tax website but apparently not included in the software. Deadline is the 15th so it has to be mailed by then. Gonna cost about $8 to mail I think.

Gotta get more prescription pain pills for my healing shoulder, fill up my gas tank (there goes another hundred and a half bucks), go get some double 4' fluorescent LED lights ($10 bucks a 2 pack) then end up at physical therapy where they will work on my shoulder for a few hours. I'll go home, take a nap, they take mama to a nice steak house where I will lose another few hundred bucks. It will be an expensive day!

Remember, there are consequences for voting for the wrong guy.

Gas prices are up globally. It's not just in the US. Friends in other countries have been complaining about it too.

Wish I was out there to help you with the physical therapy part, Havasu. I studied it a little on my own and used to help my father-- shoulders, back, legs, hands, feet, etc. When I was interning at the naval exchange computer care center my boss was having a really bad shoulder day. None of the meds were working and he could barely move his arm. I felt so sorry for him I told him I asked if I could help. Within 10 minutes he was able to move his shoulder again without pain. He said it worked better than any meds they'd given him. I massaged the shoulder and deltoid, and had him relax his arm while I lifted it and carefully rotated it in the socket and applied pressure to certain points.

Today my brother was pretty helpful. He took out the trash and he went to Samsclub with me. We stopped at our favorite restaurant first. I was sad to see the owner broke his arm. He said he fell down. I told him not to eat spinach as it slows bone healing. Food was excellent. Samsclub came after and I shopped while my brother went to the bathroom. I got everything on the list but avocados and he went and picked them out while I found the prunes. I suck at picking out fruit. He also grabbed some plums. We loaded up the truck, popped in to see our friend (he passed a kidney stone but is having trouble passing the rest with his prostate inflamed so it is restricting his urethra). Discussed how the pole will be mounted to the antenna tower, and left just as his annoying grandfather rolled up and started honking the horn. He wanted to see my friend's daughter so she went out to talk to him. Got home and we unloaded the truck and had to put the puppies up bc they were getting in to stuff.

I'm hoping we may get some not-so-hot weather soon.

As requested, these are from Harper's Ferry, WVa. The day was crisp and warmed into the mid-80s for the first time this year. Several "Canadians" can be seen in a couple of enjoying their stay on the way back to Canada trying to figure out how to swim upstream at the confluence of the Shennandoah and Potomac Rivers deciding to take wing instead of paddling to nowhere. There were nesting peregrine falcons and ospreys both with "chicklets" in the nest that we could view through a 25 power spotting scope but, unfortunately, could not get on "film".

wva2a.jpgwva3a.jpgwva7a.jpgwva4a.jpgwva1a.jpg

Off to West Virginia to get out of the DC Metro area even if it's only for a short while. (Note to self: Check the reciprocity laws between the states of VA, Utah and Florida and the state of WVa. before doing something foolish) Happy Sunday y'all!
What parts? I am in Augusta on the North River

I really like the retaining wall, the blue sky, and the ducks!

Tuesday I took my older dogs to the vet for vaccine updates. Fippy needed heartworm & some cortizone for allergies. Princess needed pretty much the whole batch of vaccine updates including rabies. I also got their claws trimmed. Vet said Princess is very cute. Fippy has a bit of a heart murmur so we have to watch his health.

Wednesday I took Mom to her eye doctor appointment. Good results but they want to check something on her left eye in 3 months. Went to Walmart afterward. Mom was too tired so she waited in the truck. I parked it under a tree so she could have shade while AC was running. I had to get new spatulas and serving spoons bc the puppies chewed the ones we had.

Got home absolutely exhausted and racked out until afternoon today. I went for a brief walk and petted my cow & sang to her. I'd let the puppies out to walk with me. They went inside before I did. They don't like the heat. I was in the shade while walking so it was OK.

Still tired though.

Never heard of it. Its hot as hell today. Never used to get this hot in "spring" before. but the mimosa tree is blooming for the first time in years.

Still need to get the freezer fixed bc it is failing. Should cost a few hundred bucks but still cheaper than a smaller replacement.

I think the capacitor on my hvac blew and I'm trying to get my mother to look up what the capacitor was that we ordered before but she won't stop watching the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard crap on Youtube long enough to look it up.

It was over 90° in the cooler parts of the house earlier. I'm still sweating even though it started to cool off. Gonna be a lousy weekend. The only guy we could get to fix our AC in recent years is currently in jail for DUI and crashing in to a schoolbus full of kids.

Primary voting day here in Virginia. There are so many candidates, first timers mostly without any experience, that I am going to say the kid's poem "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Catch a tiger by the toe. If it hollers/screams let him go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe." and let the pencil stop where it may. And then its off to the county's biannual "farm tour" to buy some eggs, meat and vegetables and pet the llamas.

Back