What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think a colonoscopy is bad? Hell, I got a "two-fer" from my doc two months ago. He decided to go snorkeling "down from the top" AND "up from the bottom" on the same day. I just begged him to go down from the top first, so I didn't wake up tasting like crap! :beeroclock:
ROFL! Getting old sucks! Glad you survived!

Even if I were in the right age range, Upper GI and Lower GI tests are not something I can get without insurance.
Dentist tried to call me to cancel my appointment but landline is out so she couldn't get through. They now have my cell# to call. Had to take it off muted ringer. LOL. Had over 44 missed calls. Got 3 calls after I turned ringer back on. All spam.
Puppies didn't want to be outside in this weather so they are on my floor whining for attention. Cats are on the bed and they are afraid to climb up. I posted them on the rescueme.org site and hope to find a good home for them.
Waiting a few more minute to eat because I took my meds a little less than an hour ago. Have to wait a full hour to eat after taking thyroid meds. If I eat before I have to wait 4 hours to take meds.
Landline is still out and probably will be for awhile. I'll have to nag the phone company for a credit to the account. They never do it, but I can still try. I had no phone for 2 months before and they still charged me. It doubled in price recently too. Kinda pissing me off. But, they have the monopoly on landlines here so no other options.

Kitties are all comfy on my bed.

Internet stayed on despite the storms. My old ISP would be out right now.

That looks cool!
I didn't get a pic, but I got my friend out to trim up the wood block that the float lever is on to stop it from jamming. Thus far it hasn't jammed again. *knocks on wood*

Took him to the dentist to get an estimate on getting his teeth pulled. Previous place he'd gone to quoted $10k and said it would require minimum $3k downpayment. This place put the total job under $3k. He's excited about it bc those teeth are hurting badly and the sooner he gets them out the sooner he can get implants or dentures.

Cleaned up puppy crap, went for a short walk, fed kitties, cooked dinner for Mom, and I'm about to nap.

My friend spent his tax returns on seeing a neurologist. His blood clots shrunk a little and moved to his frontal lobes. They are impairing his judgment and impulse control. But, he was still able to install new flooring in his living room. When his ex-stepfather died he had a closet full of water resistant laminate boxes. My friend's half sisters inherited and gave him the flooring.
My brother twisted his ankle and knee last Monday and I wrapped his ankle and gave him ice packs (he hadn't mentioned his knee being hurt). It was still swollen and had some bruising on his toes so I took him to the doctor yesterday. He had an x-ray today. He didn't tell me what they said (I was at the pharmacy picking up his RX).
It's been a bit overcast but warm-- too warm for me. I was sweating profusely in the short time out there. Doesn't help that its damp outside. Blackberries are blossoming on the other side of the yard. I need to trim them back and kill the ones around the air conditioner. Need to make myself get up early enough in the morning. Still need to get my friend to finish connecting the PEX lines for the outdoor faucet and hook cold water to the kitchen sink. I'll trim more weeds and do some cleanup before then, though.
I got a 10' pole for my satellite but need to paint it with rustoleum to keep it from rusting. I'm debating doing that today.
Puppies are getting bigger and running amok. Haven't found anyone wanting to adopt them yet. Had a guy who seemed interested but he stopped replying.

Editing to update:
I scrubbed the toilet & seat, installed the bidet part. Got 2 of 3 things hooked up (t-adapter to toilet, hose to adapter & bidet, but the fill valve would not go on the adapter. I took it off the toilet to maneuver but no matter what I did, it cross-threaded. Got my brother to try but he couldn't do it and stopped trying after 60 seconds. I put teflon tape on it but brother refused to try again. Asked my friend if I could bring him out to do it because we needed to flush the toilet. Left my brother to sit with the baby so the baby wouldn't be alone (although friend's mom was there by the time we got there). Bro sat on the couch while friend's mom steam-cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. Friend took less than two minutes to get the fill valve attached and get the adapter on the toilet. I had no trouble with that part before but with everything else hooked up it was resisting. Friend said Hi to mom and then I took him home. His mom was just hauling her stuff out to to go clean my friend's grandfather's house (his late father's father).

I tested out the bidet. Wouldn't turn on at first. I removed a sticker and messed with a flap then turned it on again. The spray hit the door across the room. So it works.

Unfortunately, when putting the seat back on, a piece of plastic on the seat broke off and seat wouldn't go on properly anymore. I had to go get an old seat that was going to go on my toilet, clean it up, and swap them out. I'll see if I can glue that plastic piece back on with some superglue.

Last edited:
Bluesky, I hope you got a good deal.

I had a day of rest yesterday. binge-watched Midsomer Murders.

Thanks Zanne. We watch alot of BritBox here too.

I am not sure you can ever get a good deal with all the processing fees, delivery charges, and additional charges that the dealership are "forced" to tack onto the price of the vehicle. What I did learn is that they are paying top dollar for used vehicles! Getting $15k for a 2011 Jeep with almost 120k miles on it was quite refreshing.

I don't think we've ever traded a vehicle in. Always had to get one when the old ones died. Lost 5 vehicles to falling tree limbs (and 2 of them were to a whole tree).

I saw a part on Midsomer Murders that really resonated with me. DCI Barnaby reached up to grab a towel from a rack above his head and pulled his shoulder. It was hurting for the next several days and I could relate. I've done something similar. Reached for something and shoulder cracked & got all sore. I had shoulder pain for months after one of the times I pulled it. I still have to be careful not to torque it.

I feel much better after taking a couple days of resting and not doing much. I was able to move much better in the store today. I also stopped in to see how my friend is doing and to see whether or not he'd actually kicked his ex out. I'm happy to see he has. His daughter used to adore the ex but then the ex turned in to a total biyatch and started being nasty to everyone. She was excited to see me and show me the cat's kittens. She piled kittens on me and I ended up staying longer than I should have because I adore kittens. Four adorable fluffballs. I think 2 are male and 2 are female. The calico looks to be male-- which is incredibly rare. But, it's still too soon to tell. The orange ones are fluffy. I need to get my brother over there to visit because it will cheer him up to hold kittens.
Friend's daughter told me the ex was always saying "I'm da mama!" and her reply was "Not for long you're not!"
I'm up to season 6 on Midsomer Murders. I think they are on season 22 now.

The calico looks to be male-- which is incredibly rare.
It's a fact that almost all calico cats are female because of the unique chromosomal makeup that determines the color variations in their coats and calicos, tortiseshells, can come in any number of breeds of cat. The sex chromosomes (X and Y) determine whether a cat will be male or female. Each cat has a pair of sex chromosomes with the possible combinations of XX (female) and XY (male). The X chromosome also carries the coding gene for the black and orange colors in a calico's coat.

Female calico cats have two X chromosomes, and therefore have two chromosomes with color code. Only if the cat gets one orange-coded X and one black-coded X, will she be calico, expressing both black and orange coloration. Estimates are that there is a one in three thousand chance of getting a male calico regardless of the breed of cat. Heck, even hairless cats can be calico!

Of course, all bets are off if the cat identifies as anything other than a male or female but that's a discussion for another place and time.

IIRC, a male calico has to be XXY, but I could be mistaken. I vaguely recall reading something about that before.

I did research on cats for reports in college. Plus, I've always loved cats so I read a lot about them. I've forgotten a whole hell of a lot though.

Today I watched more Midsomer Murders, let puppies out, fed them, fed kitties, checked on Mom (to see if she wanted me to cook for her but she made herself a sandwich), & trimmed blackberry weeds around the air conditioner. Got too hot so I came in.

I got flea collars for the dogs because the flea pills don't work and they often spit them out. Fippy is curled up next to me on a pillow napping and doesn't seem to be scratching as much now. Worked well for Temjin & Namir. I should get collars for the rest of the kitties but they come off very easily. They are supposed to last 7 months.

I may take a nap and then watch more Midsomer Murders.

I removed a 40 gal gas in the attic of a two story house then installed a new one.

Once in the attic it had to be lifted 3’ up and over a main HVAC duct. Luckily the attic had plywood flooring.

Then it had to be laid on its side on a furniture dolly and rolled about 45 feet where it could be stood up again for the install. Basically from one end of the house to the other.

3 hrs total time from rolling from the shop to pulling out of the guys driveway. 20 minute trip time. Non stop working.

I removed a 40 gal gas in the attic of a two story house then installed a new one.

Once in the attic it had to be lifted 3’ up and over a main HVAC duct. Luckily the attic had plywood flooring.

Then it had to be laid on its side on a furniture dolly and rolled about 45 feet where it could be stood up again for the install. Basically from one end of the house to the other.

3 hrs total time from rolling from the shop to pulling out of the guys driveway. 20 minute trip time. Non stop working.
We are all going to have to chip in and buy you a cape!

Capes get caught on things anyway. LOL.

So, I decided to go for a short walk and then felt compelled to prime the 10ft pole for the satellite (haven't put it up yet). I took it to the car port and laid it over junk and sprayed most of it. Had to wait for it to dry to roll it and get the rest. I was going to do that in the morning but I was restless and had to go out to find one of the dogs to get her in. I decided since I had a headlamp I could finish the priming. Rolled the pole and sprayed it. Should be dry by morning so I'll be able to do the final coat on most of it, wait for it to dry, and then roll it to paint the rest. I had to shake the primer for a good 2 minutes first but it worked well and took less than 2 minutes to spray the pole. And at night the carpenter bees weren't around. They were buzzing about in the daytime.

I just did touch-ups on the primer today. Yesterday I didn't get enough sleep and was worried about my friend. I picked him up from the ER around 5am and took him home and stayed with him for a couple hours. He's got an appointment today to get tested for prostate cancer. Hoping its just something benign.

I'm waiting for the primer to dry to do a final coat.

Back