What color silicone sealant is this? Where can I find beige silicone? (Images attached from my bathroom)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am trying to match the current silicone that I have in the bathroom. Could someone with experience in silicone sealants, please help me to understand what is the color of this silicone sealant that I attached?

Based on what I researched, this might be beige silicone. However, I did not find beige silicone. I purchased and tried 2 almond silicone sealants from HomeDepot and they did not match, they are lighter than this one. I was planning to try bone color, but that is even lighter based on what I see in the color pallet. I would like some experts advice before trying a few more.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_5933 (1).jpg
    IMG_5933 (1).jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5933.jpg
    IMG_5933.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5936.jpg
    IMG_5936.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
At my supply house I can buy Hercules tub and tile caulk in a squeeze tube in white, clear, and beige. Check this brand
online.

I doubt it is silicone at all. that is color matched latex caulk. Many grout mfrs provide that. That caulk in your images is “sanded” caulk which is the giveaway that it is latex. Also, silicone tends to not pull away from tile like that gap reveals.

Thank you so much for your answers.

Based on what you mentioned I search latex caulk and I found the below sealant (in picture) that's available in multiple beige colors.

These are the questions that I have after finding this:

1) Will this work for being use in the bath, around the sink area? Will it be sufficient to apply it over the existing sealant?
2) Do I need to use first the regular bath and kitchen silicon caulk sealant and then apply a thin layer of this sealant just to give the color?
3) Will be be better just to go with the regular bath and kitchen silicon caulk sealant and then try to paint it over? I can search for one that's paintable and then try to get pain that's matching.

Thanks again!

1671405242154.png

Got it. Thank you for all your replies.

I found sanded caulk, at the local store. I will pick it up tomorrow and do this project this next week.

1671415455890.png

Thanks again for all your support. This is the second time reaching out for your help and you are great!

Back