Waste tube question and help needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYgirlinKY

Reaction score
pipe outlet sink.jpg

Hi everyone,
I need to know what I should do to correct this. The white pipe coming out of the wall pipe is wrong, I am pretty sure. What is the name of the part I should use to properly plumb this waste tube? Do I use a charlotte pipe/reducer? It's a 1.5 inch diameter opening on the pipe but very thick-the DVW pipe going into it does not fit snugly, perhaps because they are 2 different thicknesses?
It is for the waste tube that connects to the p trap under the sink in my bathroom vanity. Thank you!
-DIYgirlinKY

View attachment 26006

Hi everyone,
I need to know what I should do to correct this. The white pipe coming out of the wall pipe is wrong, I am pretty sure. What is the name of the part I should use to properly plumb this waste tube? Do I use a charlotte pipe/reducer? It's a 1.5 inch diameter opening on the pipe but very thick-the DVW pipe going into it does not fit snugly, perhaps because they are 2 different thicknesses?
It is for the waste tube that connects to the p trap under the sink in my bathroom vanity. Thank you!
-DIYgirlinKY
Looks like the look they tried to glue a piece if 1 1/2 into 2" you would have to get behind were the 1 1/2 is and use a 2"by 1 1/2" coupling
There is such a tool called a string saw
It looks like a metal cord with a plastic coated loop on each end you cut it with that the friction will cut thru only thing is how far did they push in the 1 1/2....
Cut it close to the tee enough to glue the coupling on

Looks like the look they tried to glue a piece if 1 1/2 into 2" you would have to get behind were the 1 1/2 is and use a 2"by 1 1/2" coupling
There is such a tool called a string saw
It looks like a metal cord with a plastic coated loop on each end you cut it with that the friction will cut thru only thing is how far did they push in the 1 1/2....
Cut it close to the tee enough to glue the coupling on
Thank you so much!

I think that is 1 1/2” plastic tubular glued into 1 1/2” pvc. You can do as GeoffD recommended but use a 1 1/2” pvc coupling not 2”

You should be able to bust that skinny tubular piece out of the 1.5 inch pvc pipe stub.
You can use a flat screwdriver or narrow chisel, to chisel out any pieces that are stuck glued inside the pipe.

Then you can glue on the piece that should have been there all along, a trap adapter.

This piece will glue over the outside of the pipe stub.

And it has a slip joint fitting, that will accept and tighten down onto a new piece of 1.5 inch tubular, which will be the trap arm from a new p trap kit.

A hair dryer might soften up any remaining stuck pieces to help chisel them out, just don’t melt the pipe stub or sag it out of round.

1-1/2 in. PVC DWV Hub x Slip-Joint Trap Adapter

https://www.homedepot.com/p/100345781

Latest posts

Back