Washing Machine Water Coming Up in Kitchen Sink Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t pour chemicals in the drain and then call the plumber without notifying the plumber that you’ve used chemicals.

I charge double if I find chemicals in the pipe without being notified.

If you insist on trying drain cleaner, pour a full half gallon carefully into the washer standpipe or the sink, then pour a gallon of fairly hot water from the stove after it.
NOT boiling water.
It can soften and sag the pvc pipes.
Do this when the sink and washer have both not been used at all for as long as possible.
Such as like 5:00 am, so the pipes were allowed to drain down all night, and no one has used the sink yet.
This lets the chemical run right down directly to the clog
Let it sit for one half hour, then try running full hot tap water in sink and hope for success.
If no good, then wait at least three or four days of using sink and doing laundry, to rinse out the drain cleaner, before calling the plumber to snake again.
It is too late for Drain Defense now, you need snaking or stronger drain cleaner.

If you insist on trying drain cleaner, pour a full half gallon carefully into the washer standpipe or the sink, then pour a gallon of fairly hot water from the stove after it.
NOT boiling water.
It can soften and sag the pvc pipes.
Do this when the sink and washer have both not been used at all for as long as possible.
Such as like 5:00 am, so the pipes were allowed to drain down all night, and no one has used the sink yet.
This lets the chemical run right down directly to the clog
Let it sit for one half hour, then try running full hot tap water in sink and hope for success.
If no good, then wait at least three or four days of using sink and doing laundry, to rinse out the drain cleaner, before calling the plumber to snake again.
It is too late for Drain Defense now, you need snaking or stronger drain cleaner.

I have cast iron pipes. I am using the black bottle Hair & Grease from Home Depot. Is there a better one? I am very happy with the responses I have been receiving here. Seems like I have some options.

Back