Washer Drain Install

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anorv120

Reaction score
Hello all. Hope you can help. We are doing some remodeling and part of that is installing a new washer drain box. There is a half bath right beside the laundry room so the plan is to tie into the existing drain and water lines. However, I have ran into some issues. First the cobbling of copper water lines is directly in the way of my proposed drain line, not a big deal I can rebuild it and keep it shorter and tight to the wall. Also, it looks like they left a 1/2 stub out of the slab for the toilet water supply but for some reason they chose not to use it and just T into the water supply mess for the sink instead? Should I see if there is water pressure to that stub and try to use it instead of the existing run? Thanks for the help.

However, this wall is a 2x4 wall and a load bearing wall. So, my question is can I use stud shoes for the 2" drain line and space the holes out for the other lines(1/2 water and 1.5" vent)? Is it even acceptable to use stud shoes through this many consecutive studs? Attaching some pictures of how it looks now and then a rough sketch of what I am trying to accomplish.
Wall as is.jpgStub.jpg
hotcold.jpgPlumbing.jpg

Attachments

• Wall as is.jpg
    Wall as is.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 1
  • hotcold.jpg
    hotcold.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 1
  • Stub.jpg
    Stub.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Plumbing.jpg
    Plumbing.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
I would not cut holes in that many studs.
Even with reinforcements.
Can’t you just mount everything to the surface of the wall, leaving the new drain, vent line, and water supplies exposed?
It’s only a laundry room, after all.
If it bothers you, you can cover with more drywall or pegboard.

Jeff hit the ball to center field, His coach held him up at 3rd base

frodo walks to the plate, spits, knocks the dirt off his cleats and looks at the picher
1st pitch.. line drive straight at the pitcher. OHHHHHHH frodo gets picked off
and Jeff slides into home
Jeff stands up and and says
Do not forget to drop that tee for the washer just as low as it will go.
the stand pipe needs to be a minimum of 21''

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest. Thanks guys! Should I try to use 45s as much as possible or will a couple 90s in the vent and drain not hurt on this short of a run?

Latest posts

Back